Author Topic: Myspace kitten seller!  (Read 2360 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Myspace kitten seller!
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 21:12:05 PM »
Just to update: this profile has been removed.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2008, 21:57:57 PM »
here here!
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Sheli_80

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to Henry and Charley
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2008, 20:56:25 PM »
I was always under the impression that a good cat breeder would expect you to go away and think about it before making a decision. Instead they are insisting almost that reserving a kittne you are buying sight unseen almost. If you decide not to then you lose £10. The main reason I hate these moggie breeders is that they are sending the message that kittens=fast bucks.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 19:19:37 PM »
They say they have trouble with people reserving kittens and then not showing up for them, so these people are nice, kind, good cat owners are they, if they showed up with the £80 they would happily shove the kitten off with them. Money grabbers.

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 15:08:37 PM »
I just wish they would realise that the more kittens that are being born does have an impact on the amount of adults in rescue, and they will be having a lot of kittens in the course of one year iwth the amount of queens they have. If we didn't have an overpopulation issue, what they are doing would be fine.
Please spay your cat

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 14:35:34 PM »
Have just been thorugh the FAQ's and it looks like advertising is permitted though the myspace owner has to apply to the head honchos to do it...... I find it very hard to swallow that Myspace have allowed this!
Why do I have a need to hunt them down, Oh yes it's their smug faces in that photo... >:(
Am half tempted to blam Myspace for this!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 10:23:00 AM »
Sent a politely worded message regarding health of the queens and received this:

"Thank you for taking the time and trouble to email us. We do indeed care for our cats and Queens...all of which are deeply loved family pets too. Our Queens are only intact until they are 7, when they are retired, the Toms get neutured at three or four years old. None of our Queens breed more than once in a year. Every litter is checked by a vet at birth and at four weeks old. The Queens are given another check about a month after the kittens have left home. ALL our cats are regularly checked anyway, at least once a year irrespective of any other considerations. The kittens we provide are not only of excellent temperement, but they're astonishingly healthy, grow to be giant, strong boys and beautiful, lithe girls. We love what we do, and love our cats MORE than what we do. Every precaution is taken and, whilst we acknloadge the validity of what you say, we look on breading as a nautral part of a cats life that they would undertake with no interferance from ourselves. If EVERY cat was spayed, where would any new kittens come from? We understand that there is a problem with adult cats in rescue centres looking for homes, but every breader stopping selling kittens would not alieviate that problem. Someone who wants a kitten almost certaily does not want an adult cat. The ONLY way to stop cats being abandoned in adulthood is to stop the proctice of selling kittens to any fool who walk into a pet shop. We make absolutely sure the people taking our kittens understand the level of commitment they are taking on. We also try to make sure they're going to be nice, kind, good cat owners and absolutely would not sell to someone we felt uncomfortable with in any respect.

Hope this helps"

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 19:47:53 PM »
Actually, I would say a lot worse than a pedigree breeder - they do it to improve the breed, and will screen for health issues. While these say they have regular vet checks, it doens't mention FIV and FeLV testing, and they aren't matching their males and females, just having one male to suit them all. And unless they have a lot of space, 8 breeding females is a lot.
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 16:52:50 PM »
Ummm....pedigree breeders have to register so the situation has a bit of control. (Not saying I agree with pedigree breeding, just giving my opinion.)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 16:18:17 PM »
I was just browsing ads (as you do when bored and trying to find another scratchpost that isn't expensive) and came across an ad placed by a woman selling kittens. They have a myspace site and a price list......they actually seem to be pretty organised about how they're doing things, but it riled me because I know how many rescues are chocca with needy cats. Sorry, needed to vent it seems!

THEY ARE NO WORSE THAN A PREDIGREE BREEDER !
and are infact better than your average BSB

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 15:58:30 PM »
I've been a snitch, anyway! We'll see what happens.  ;)

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 15:40:28 PM »
Wow that is some blatant advertising. I'm 99.9% sure that is not allowed. There is a think on their T&C and it says no advertising I think it said no selling as well but I can't remember.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 15:37:17 PM »
Really? I'll send a message to the hap in charge then.

http://www.myspace.com/couturekittens

:-:

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 15:31:40 PM »
I think it might be against Myspace T&C so might be worth reporting them  :wow:

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Myspace kitten seller!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 15:16:37 PM »
I was just browsing ads (as you do when bored and trying to find another scratchpost that isn't expensive) and came across an ad placed by a woman selling kittens. They have a myspace site and a price list......they actually seem to be pretty organised about how they're doing things, but it riled me because I know how many rescues are chocca with needy cats. Sorry, needed to vent it seems!

Link to CatChat