Author Topic: omega self cleaning litter box  (Read 2155 times)

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
Re: omega self cleaning litter box
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 20:00:42 PM »
mine did shred them the first week or so, not completely to pieces but just digging through or catching a fold and ripping that. they stopped after that though, they still occasionally pull them about abit if the liner edges arent tucked under the tray and i wouldnt trust them to hold like a bag for the trip to the bin as theyre quite thin but they hold long enough to go into a peddle bin sack

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: omega self cleaning litter box
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2008, 20:23:02 PM »
Litter liners are the cause of many problems - from the books iv read anyway. Iv never used them as could see the shredding scenario happening  :evillaugh:

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
Re: omega self leaning litter box
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2008, 13:25:41 PM »
I have self cleaning litter trays, if I don't get there before the dogs to poop scoop  :sick:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 22:31:40 PM »
Cannot stand liners! As BC says the liners either get shredded which defeats the object and you get a yukky tray underneath the plastic, and/or liquids pool in the plastic, hate them with a passion  :evillaugh:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 21:51:49 PM »
I use liners , the PAH ones with draw tags like mini bin liners , and I find they make life easier , just pull up the tags and deposit in an old carrier bag.

I havent found much problem with shredding as the bags are quite thick!

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 21:29:36 PM »
, that as Gill says -

Or even Gillian LOL!  :evillaugh:

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

sorry Gillian

Littertray liners - hmmmmmmmm. I used them a few times when they came as free samples. Every time, I had to be continually picking shredded plastic out of the litter tray cos the cats thought it needed to be scraped into the litter more thoroughly ......... :-:

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 21:12:06 PM »
ive recently started using litter liners- that might be a solution for you. makes all the cleaning and changing alot quicker and less messy. ive started using  non clumping and just getting rid of the lot every day (one of mine wont bury anyway) but i seem to be going through less litter so ive not noticed any extra cost either

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 22:43:05 PM »
, that as Gill says -

Or even Gillian LOL!  :evillaugh:

Offline bren

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 17:39:59 PM »
Yes am thinking will probably get large coverd trays easer to clean and as you say might as well use scoop and clear tray with that thankyou for your view much appreciated. :)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 17:37:41 PM »
I have heard they work great in theory of you have nice solid poos but get a runny one and you are in trouble with a lot of mess to clean out of it  :sick:

I am really happy with my final combination of ultra-clumping litter and an enclosed tray -
 so easy to get the mess out  although Clapton has a habit of peeing up the side  :tired:

Alice just has a large tray with ultra clumping - she has a habit of pooing 1/2 in & 1/2 out so it sticks to the tray. I have seen some stuff on Zooplus that is a disinfectant oil you rub over the tray after cleaning - it is supposed to stop "things" sticking to the trat - got to be worth a go  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 17:38:18 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 17:34:41 PM »
I looked into these when getting my lot and I have to say, that as Gill says - a lot of mucking about to achieve what a pooper scooper can do in less time. Also a lot of messing about when (as invariably happens) the little darlings get a runny tummy and that goes all over the rack that removes the poop ........ Call me old-fashioned, but would rather stick with what I know works ...

Offline bren

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 17:22:29 PM »
yes I know what you mean, am trying to find customer reviews but proving to be difficult can only find the odd one! maybe thats an indicator to its popularity. thankyou for your view much appreciated. :)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 16:53:45 PM »
I havent tried one, but from the look of it, it seems like a lot of palava and you've still got to lift out the recepticle containing the poo, which seems to me no different from using an ordinary scoop with your normal tray, just my thoughts  :)

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product_image_viewer.asp?pf_id=1479&default_image=20_how_to_use.gif

Offline bren

• Adult Cat
omega self cleaning litter box
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 15:12:22 PM »
hi has anyone got or had one of thse omega self cleaning litter boxes as I need to replace my cats litter box and as I am succeptable to infection due to my medication wondered if one of these would be better. I am a bit worried about the cleaning of the boxas a whole when that is requied.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 16:04:35 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »

Link to CatChat