Author Topic: i'm new and desperate !  (Read 9393 times)

Online Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: i'm new and desperate !
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2008, 22:08:58 PM »
Hi Ruth and Ozzy and  :welcome: to Purrs,

Now I don't want to get all "jobsworth" on you but there are rules on this site ... and the most important one is PICS PICS PICS! You can't come and tease us all with "kitten" talk and not let us see the young man we are talking about  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

As Kittybabe has said there are always loads of people on this forum whatever time you come on (that's one of the things that makes it so successful) so whatever question you ask (however silly yu may think it is) you will always get a quick and helpful answer.  That's the other wonderful thing about Purrs ... we never mock or look down our noses at people that ask questions.  We all had to start somewhere and the more questions you ask the more you will learn about the joys of a cat slave so please don't be afraid of us.

Look forward to chatting more and hearing all about Ozzy.

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline sweet_rose

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2008, 21:39:39 PM »
it sure is.
he is wild at the mo !!! just ran up the curtain lol

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2008, 21:35:56 PM »
ohhhhh see i know nothing lol

You'll be an expert before long  :evillaugh:  I used to think he was doing it because he didn't think much of the food as it looks like he's burying it like he would a poo in the litter tray!  Purrs is a mine of information sometimes  ;D

Offline sweet_rose

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2008, 21:33:42 PM »
ohhhhh see i know nothing lol

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 21:30:40 PM »
oh and another thing, he has started scratching the kitchen floor and his food bowl....whats that all about ?

One of mine does that too, I'm told it's an instict from their wild days - burying their 'prey' to hide the scent from others and eat later. 

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 21:14:29 PM »
:rofl: he has a big teddy that he seems to be in love with !!

Ozzy is missing his mum.  Give him masses of cuddles.  He will be happier with a little playmate too, of that I am sure.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline sweet_rose

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 21:08:23 PM »
oh and another thing, he has started scratching the kitchen floor and his food bowl....whats that all about ?

Offline sweet_rose

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 21:05:57 PM »
thats super then cos i pretty much live in my laptop  ;) by the way my name is Ruth 2

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 21:03:20 PM »
As you stick around you'll note that many of us have no lives and live in here...  :shify: so there will always be a reply somewhere...  :naughty:

Offline sweet_rose

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 21:01:06 PM »
well you lot are brill did'nt expect all these replies!!!!
the little fella is called Ozzy as in ozzy osbourne  :rofl: he has a big teddy that he seems to be in love with !!
off to look at this online shop thingy

ccmacey

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 19:01:21 PM »
You could take his bed into your bedroom at night. I think he's just wanting attention as any child does. I think he will be much more settled when kitty 2 comes.  :)

Do you have a big teddy he could snuggle up with? This might help fill the space in his bed.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 18:48:35 PM »
I was going to suggest getting him a friend too so it's good to hear there is one on the way  ;D 

You might find that he is OK after you have left the house, when my boys were little I set up a live webcam which I linked to a website so I could see what my (two) kittens got up to when I was at work.  It covered most of the living room (they had full run of the whole house) and 95% of the time you could see them, fast asleep, kicking out the Z's on top of their climber/scratcher!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 18:47:35 PM »
Have you had him to the vets for a kitten check?

Thats great you are already getting another kitten for company.....I would try some new play games with a laser that you can get for a very small amount from the Purrs shop!  ;D

Purrs Shop = Blue tab near the top of the page in between "Chat and Arcade"....you should have a look inside as they have some amazing toys that cats go mad for.....Hope that helps!  :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 18:46:02 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs.  The little one hasn't long left his mum and siblings, so it will take him a while to adjust to you.  He will certainly enjoy the company of another kitten, I should think.

What is his name?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline sweet_rose

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 18:45:38 PM »
yeah he has toys, do you mean to let him sleep with us ?

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 18:43:31 PM »
 :welcome:

Until the 2nd one arrives, maybe bring the little one in with you? Sorry, not sure I read it right. Normally for an older cat I'd recommend letting them just get on with it, they catch on quick and figure out a way to entertain themselves.

If you haven't left toys out of Ozzy to play with, and he's still a baby, then I'd say for now to bring in him with you so that you can sleep and he gets the company he craves.

Erm.. also.. be prepared for early mornings... :naughty:

Offline sweet_rose

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 18:38:26 PM »
Oh yes i forgot to put that we get our second kitty on 22nd july, is there anything else i can do in the mean time ? will he cry until i get 2nd kitty ?
 :thanks: for the  :welcome: i'm so pleased i found this place  ;D

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 18:34:54 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs.... :)

The kitten will be lonely through the day....have you considered getting another kitten for company as that should help greatly!  ;)

Offline sweet_rose

• Adult Cat
i'm new and desperate !
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 18:31:29 PM »
Hello,

I am hoping you lovely ppl can help me ?!  I have a kitten, 10 weeks old male who is very vocal, at night time he settles after about 20 mins but when my hubby goes to work at 5am he starts crying and does not shut up so i therefore have been getting up to sit with Ozzy (my kitten) but he is still crying. i play with him he crys, i cuddle him he cry's i talk to him and guess what ? he cry's....also when i leave to go to work at 8-30am he sounds heart broken but i have left him with toys, food water litter tray nice fluffy blanket an old t-shirt of mine hot water bottle and clock !!!! i am seriously at my wits end, also we live in a flat and i'm so worried we are going to get complaints because of his crying, i love him so much  :shy:
Please help me  :tired:  :'(

Link to CatChat