Author Topic: help 6 week old kitten needs a home! (Sorted)  (Read 6357 times)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Re: help 6 week old kitten needs a home! (Sorted)
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2008, 16:30:53 PM »
It looks like youve took me the wrong way, i did try and give the kitten a good home, i thought i was doing the best for the kitten, my daughter is very good with animals for a 3 year old!, ive never miss treted a animal, ive seen kids kick animals and ive had a go at them in the street, i would never hurt one.
ive always tryed to do the best i possabley can for any animal, if i see a bird in the road i will go and see if its still alive and if it is i help it, ive saved a snake a few months back, which sum idiot let lose by sum shops and i was so scared i didnt have a clue waht is was, but luckly there was a reptile shop 14 miles from my house and i got a shoe box and took him there.
I seen the kittenthis moning and hes doing great and hes been to the vets and the vets say hes 11 weeks old!!! i was shocked, hes so small, but as for that person who put him in a hampter cage, that person needs to be taught a lesson on how to treat animals!

Take no notice, I feel someone on this thread went abit over the top !
The main thing is the kitten is safe and well
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 07:57:09 AM by Janeyk »

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: help 6 week old kitten needs a home!
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2008, 14:02:31 PM »
I seen the kittenthis moning and hes doing great and hes been to the vets and the vets say hes 11 weeks old!!! i was shocked, hes so small, but as for that person who put him in a hampter cage, that person needs to be taught a lesson on how to treat animals!

I reckon, Gemma, when all is said and done you have been instrumental in getting Kitten out of a hamster cage and into a caring home, so that is definitely a good outcome for him.  May he live long and prosper (to coin a phrase  ;)).
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline gemma0303

• Kitten
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 13:21:12 PM »
It looks like youve took me the wrong way, i did try and give the kitten a good home, i thought i was doing the best for the kitten, my daughter is very good with animals for a 3 year old!, ive never miss treted a animal, ive seen kids kick animals and ive had a go at them in the street, i would never hurt one.
ive always tryed to do the best i possabley can for any animal, if i see a bird in the road i will go and see if its still alive and if it is i help it, ive saved a snake a few months back, which sum idiot let lose by sum shops and i was so scared i didnt have a clue waht is was, but luckly there was a reptile shop 14 miles from my house and i got a shoe box and took him there.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2008, 21:38:45 PM »
Oh dear Julie, resistance is futile - you WILL be assimilated  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

From the bottom of my heart I wish this little kitten love, light and a happy life  :Luv2: :Luv2:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2008, 21:30:20 PM »
Christine's got it now!  :doh: I blame the Tribbles - you take pity on one and before you know it, they're all over the place. A bit like kittens, really!  :tired:

As I've well and truly hyjacked this thread, best I be off as it's a 6am start tomorrow and I still haven't sorted out me Klingons.  :-: :evillaugh:

Warp speed for Planet Thanet!  :)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 21:25:08 PM »
I hope things go well for this little one, and that the lady gives him a decent chance.
Please spay your cat

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 21:16:48 PM »
Beam me up, Scotty!!

As this thread obviously needs a moddy bods intervention, I will point out that, strictly speaking, it is "One to beam up, Scotty".
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 21:12:39 PM »
Moi? Bonkers? Surely not... :scared:  ;)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 20:53:00 PM »
Julie your nuts  :rofl: you been on the phones today lol

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 20:48:44 PM »
What befuddles me, MM, is that I regularly see young families pushing prams with large terriers in tow. Quite a few I know personally have been bred by the local village idiot... :sigh:

Cap'n, she canne tak no more! She's about te blow...!  :mad2: :mad2:

Beam me up, Scotty!!  :garf:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 20:43:31 PM »
I got taught by the cat when she wanted me to go away. My mum used to tell me to leave her alone, but I wanted cuddles. One day, poor lass decided to go behind the settee to get a bit of peace and quiet but I was small enough to get there - so basically she was backed into a corner receiving unwanted attention. She swiped at me and missed my eye by not very much. After ensuring there was no real damage done my mum then basically said perhaps I'd learn to leave her alone in future if that's what she indicated she wanted.

Six weeks is so young and what an atrocious start. To be kept in a hamster cage - who thought that was a good idea? >:( Hope she's happy in her new forever home.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2008, 20:36:12 PM »
 :poke: :slap: :heeee heeee: there you go sheryl

Im with Julie, i really dispair, i wonder how i keep my hair  :-:

My childhood "pet" regularly attacked me for no reason, i never man handled him but it taught me much respect and how to read his body language  :scared:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 20:30:26 PM »
but like you say nervous animals can become danguros, yes im happy its a happy ending.

I am afraid you have misinterpreted me. The animal is not dangerous, it is simply making a natural response to a threat. That is not dangerous, that is defending itself. The 'danger' is the ill-informed human who places the animal under threat. I think if you remain a member of this forum it will be useful for you as you clearly do not have a sound understanding of animal behaviour, and it would be unfortunate if someone's future pet had to be destroyed because your children are not properly taught.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 20:27:53 PM »
Im not going to say too much - I will probably get a cyber slap

Aaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggg - that feels better.

Poor poor little kitten.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 20:28:21 PM by sheryl »
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 20:24:57 PM »
Poor little  :censored:

On his third home at the age of 6 weeks. I despair at times!  :censored: :censored: :censored:

Offline gemma0303

• Kitten
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 20:23:45 PM »
yes i agree about the children, i do tell her to be very carful around my dog and tigger, she never picks up the cat, but like you say nervous animals can become danguros, yes im happy its a happy ending.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 20:18:41 PM »
It is also always important to keep small children and frightened animals away from each other. Your daughter would not come to harm if you kept her away from the kitten (and its interactions with your resident cat) until things had calmed down a bit. I grew up with animals, from early infancy, and while I have the odd scar from the odd misadventure, I would not have missed out on the opportunity for quids. Children need to learn how to interact with animals so they can be safe, it takes time and patience. As an example I found three children surrounding my dog (who is nervous of children) when I came out of the shop the other day. They were being friendly to him, but they did not know not to corner a nervous dog. With any dog other than Shadow there was a good chance they would have been bitten.

You need to teach your children that animals are not cuddly toys, and the best way for them to learn that less is to get scratched a few times - they soon figure it out.

Glad the kitten has a home as an only cat, at least it is a happy ending.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 20:18:28 PM »
Fair do's  :shy: :hug:

What kind of scum would keep a kitten in a hamster cage?  >:(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline gemma0303

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 20:12:33 PM »
yes and i totally agree with them, but i thought mine was going to try and kill him, the kitten i rescude has had no proper contact with humans, he was locked up in a hamter cage, so he'd proply never seen anything like it in my house! The new home hes gone to has no other animals, and when i dropped him off he was runing around lovely, i now it might to taken a few days for them to get used to each other but i thought i was doing the right thing for the kittens sake, after a hard start in life, all i wanted to do its keep him and cuddle him, but its not want i want its whats best for socks.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 20:07:35 PM »
You cant help in 12 hours, older cats will lash out thats why introductions need to be done slowly which is the advice you were given by the first few posters/

Offline gemma0303

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 20:00:21 PM »
Lets hope she doesnt quit on him after 12 hours  :tired:

its not the point "i quit" i feel bad as it is, my daughter comes first lest i tryed to help, so how dare you say that!  >:(
If anything would of happend to my daughter i could never forgive myself, i tryed to give him a forever and loving home but things somtimes dont go how we want them to.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 19:16:07 PM »
 :Crazy: :tired:

I guess it was for the best  :-:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 19:13:54 PM »
Lets hope she doesnt quit on him after 12 hours  :tired:

Offline gemma0303

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 11:52:33 AM »
hi, thx 4 ur replys, but my cat has tryed to scrach him and then he turned on me, which hes never done. im glad it was me and not my daughter....
but the kitten has found a forever home now with a lady down the road from me so i can go and see him everytime i want. it was for the best, but thanks anyway.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 10:55:42 AM »
Give them a couple of weeks and if you are still having problems let me know. I have done a home visit on Coventry to a lady who is looking for a black/white male kitten in 3 weeks time.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 10:56:22 AM by Angie (covcats) »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 10:06:38 AM »
Gemma, that's why you introduce gradually and observe the situation as much as possible. What is your other cat doing that's worrying you? Has it actually hurt this little one or is it posturing, hissing and grumbling in general? All cats do that (well, pretty much) when a newbie is introduced - it's so the newcomer recognises their nose has been put out of joint!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 09:19:09 AM »
isn't your other cat only about 5 months itself, they are both so young they can get used to each other if you manage it properly

Offline gemma0303

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 08:22:12 AM »
Hi, i rescuded him last night, i know hes to early to go from his mom, but "so i was told" his mom left all the litter and went off and never to be seen again?
i dont know if its ture or not, as for indrodusing the cats im scared incase mine kills him.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 08:16:09 AM »
Gemma, tht isn't long enough to allow your cat to get used to him. You need to keep them separate, and do gradual introductions, and your kitten is too young to be away from mum, so you need to do a vet visit to make sure he is fine, and poss flea/worm if not already done.
Please spay your cat

Offline gemma0303

• Kitten
help 6 week old kitten needs a home! (Sorted)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 08:02:32 AM »
 :-[ this little fella has had a hard start in life, hes about 6 weeks old but im not sure, i had him last night because i thought i could give him a good home, but my other cat is not getting on with him at all  :( i feel so sorry for this kitten, hes black with white paws and chest and belly and white wiskers! hes so cute! please email me if you think you can offer him a good home, Oh im in Staffordshire.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 07:56:49 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat