Author Topic: What is the best cat flap to get???  (Read 2665 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: What is the best cat flap to get???
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 19:35:07 PM »
They will soon learn! Tiggy and her brother had a cat flap most of their adult lives and came and went as they pleased during the day and were locked in from dusk. 

In the last house we lived in when her brother was still with us, we didn't have a cat flap so they went out in the morning before breakfast and most days chose to stay in after brekkie, they could then go out again in the afternoon when someone was in and as before were brought back in again before dusk.  We had a little cat hideout in the garden in case they chose to stay out after brekkie but they very rarely did, cats aren't stupid you know!  We also had a former feral (completely untouchable but liked to live in the comfort of indoors and be overfed) and he soon got used to that arrangement too.

Offline Kimberley

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 18:44:14 PM »
Not yet as i feel they are a bit young yet and not been neutered, but when they do start going out and they havn't come home by the time i have to go out then yes they will have to wait, i have no choice

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 18:35:25 PM »
Spare magnets can be bought.

So do you leave your cats out when you are out then kimberly?

Offline Kimberley

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 17:23:45 PM »
were not getting one yet but i want to know for when we do which is the best cat flap to get? i know staywell are good and we want one with the magnetic key to attach to the collar

What if the cat loses the collar or key? I'm not getting a flap now, i'm not allowed to cut a hole in the back door so the cats will have to come in when i'm home

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 20:13:45 PM »
I have the catmate ones as well, they they are not used since Madam refuses to go out and i am quite happy keeping her in for now!  They work well, lock and all. I have two which lead out the back and one of them is on the outside door and fingers crossed nothing gets in and clearly nothing wants to get out!  :rofl:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 19:26:56 PM »
I have an ordinary catmate one which is in/out, just in or just out or locked. I know thw magnets are different sizes on staywell and catmate but cant remember which one is which.

Chiriffmissy

What is the best cat flap to get???
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 19:21:23 PM »
were not getting one yet but i want to know for when we do which is the best cat flap to get? i know staywell are good and we want one with the magnetic key to attach to the collar

Link to CatChat