Author Topic: Bored Kitty!  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Re: Bored Kitty!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 13:24:10 PM »
Charlie does this sometimes and I have come to realise that the garden is much more interesting to him than I could possibly ever be

Offline Dayzie

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 19:20:27 PM »
I haven't got a new boyfriend, but my brother, who lives with me, has a new-ish girlfriend, she comes down alot but Dayzie's only been like this for a couple of weeks. Oh and she is spayed  :)
She was the runt of the litter if it has anything to do with it? She is very tiny for her age, anyone who is down always thinks she's a kitten :shocked: The pics in my signiature were all taken when she was about 1 and a half!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 19:51:35 PM by Dayzie »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 19:17:50 PM »
I assume shes spayed so her outdoor urges are not for the tom?

When shes outside is she going to other houses? Someone may be befriending her. (could be a cat or human)

When cats get to the 2-3yr old stage they socially mature and it may be this is her true character comming out.
Has anything changed in you, new boyfriend perfume etc! My aunts cat got really really jealous when she got a new man and he made this very obvious  :evillaugh:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 19:02:07 PM »
Bless love that pic. You can post some pics right here on thsi thread if you like, we all love a good photo.

There is a possibility that the other cat might be attracting attention. Keep an eye on Dayzie and if eating habits and drinking habits change maybe a vet visit just to rest your mind might be in order.

They are very sentient, cats. The slightest change to their comfort zone and they tell you. Mine does allllll the time  ;)

Offline Dayzie

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 19:00:13 PM »
Actually now that you mention it i have seen this gorgeous long-haired marmalade tom in my garden a few times but Dayzie doesn't seem to be that bothered by him  :shocked: But yea i'll try and put a few piccies of her on the gallery someday

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 18:51:49 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs.

Its pretty interesting that. I have to admit none of mine in the past ever did that, especially so young, but cats are consistent in that, if there is a change in their life or their home they will react by demonstrating different behaviour. Sometimes weather changes affect them, often times it could be another cat in their territory that they now want to watch, or it could be illness of some kind.

If Dayzie is eating and drinking normally but her relationship with you is the only difference you see, I'd ask if there have been changes in the home?

There are no doubt going to be a few more posts with way better suggestions than mine, but food for thought none the less.

If you have some photos of Dayzie we would love to see them ;)

Offline Dayzie

• Kitten
Bored Kitty!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 18:48:10 PM »
I'm worried about my cat Dayzie (shes 2 tomorrow by the way  :)) She doesn't seem to want to be around me anymore, she just wants to go outside all the time, for hours! And when she is inside with me, she seems to give me the cold shoulder. She doesn't curl up next to me, lick my face or sleep with me like she used to or play even! At first i thought she was bored or something so i tried to get her some new toys and food but she's interested for about 30 minutes then walks off in her snooty siamese and tortoise shell way.
I just don't want her to grow out of me and grow ferrel, hense im seeking the help of a cat forum  :)
So can anyone help me and Dayzie?

Link to CatChat