Author Topic: Cross posted form Cat chat - Can anyone help Billy?  (Read 5557 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Cross posted form Cat chat - Can anyone help Billy?
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 22:03:06 PM »
Just seen this on Catchat and thought I'd update you all - if anyone can spare a couple of quid to help this poor frightened little lad it would be greatly appreciated:

BIG thanks to all of you who have helped Billy so far!
We just had this update (below) and photo from Kathy on Joy's behalf. If you are reading this and were thinking of donating but haven't yet... just look into his eyes...! There's still a long way to go to cover his vets fees and every pound will help.
Lover & Warmest Purrs to our fabulous Cat-Chatters!
From Gemini Cat
Cat Chat, xxxxx

Dear Friends,
At last, here is a photo of the man himself, he is back home and doing OK, he has to wear his hat for another 10 days so not too happy about that! He will be sending everyone who has helped him a letter and photo as soon as Joy can get it sorted. Many thanks to all who helped Billy, it is heartwaming to know there are people who care about a little cat they don't know.
Many thanks
Kathy (on behalf of Joy)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 22:05:12 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: Cross posted form Cat chat - Can anyone help Billy?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 23:11:31 PM »
Update on Tues 17th June.

Hi,
thanks for much for offering to help Billy. Billy went home yesterday complete with buster collar and the final bill (with discount off) is £1200! One of his unblockings was was an out of hour emergency and this also includes the surgery but it is still a lot of money.
As soon as I get a photo I will send one on,
Many thanks
K

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Cross posted form Cat chat - Can anyone help Billy?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 23:10:50 PM »
Cross posted from Catchat.

This has been sent to us from a trusted rescue source, on behalf of a lady who is tirelessly involved in cat rescue in bad areas of Liverpool...

Can anyone help with even the smallest amount towards veterinary fees for a very good lady who rescues cats and kittens in Liverpool. She works alone and has taken in many unwanted, stray and feral cats and her and I together neutered and relocated over 50 feral cats from a disused site in Liverpool a couple of years ago, she has a number of cats in her care and is only on a small occupational pension and a low wage, all her money goes on looking after the cats in her care, they are all looked after very well and all the cats she looks after were unwanted or have difficulities of some sort and many are cats that others have refused to help, her food and litter bills alone take up much of her income. Recently one of her ferals, Billy, had struvitis, a very serious problem which means his urethra is blocked and he cannot pass urine, he has had to go to the vets twice in one week to ne unblocked and he has now had to have an operation to widen the tract to prevent this happening again. Billy is a very nervous cat and but is happy in the home he has with Joy. The vet bill for this week alone is in the region of over £800 and Joy does not have the funds to pay it, she has come to an arrangement with the vet that it can be paid in instalments. I have worked with this lady and I know she is very committed and dedicated, if anyone can please assist with this vet bill she would be so grateful.

If anyone can give even the smallest amount can you please send donations directly to the vet which is Alder Veterinary Hospital, 410 Eaton Road, Liverpool L12 3HG and make it clear it is for the account of Ms J. Jones and for bill of the feral cat Billy. If you can help can you please send me a quick e mail (Kathycatsrescue@aol.com) to let me know so I can inform her help is at hand. Sorry to ask but this is an emergency.
Many thanks
Kathy

Link to CatChat