Cat Health & Behaviour > Health & Behaviour General

WARNING TO DOG/CAT OWNERS -Cocoa Mulch Danger

(1/3) > >>

Helen+Sassy:
I'm glad I read this! We moved into this house last Feb and that cocoa mulch stuff was all over the front and back gardens, I removed all of it and replaced with pea gravel as I didn't like the look and it appeared to be attracting slugs.

Millys Mum:
Your not green fingered then CC!
Mulch is put over the soil to help keep moisture and warmth in and stop weeds growing.

ccmacey:
Whats this stuff used for anyway?

swampmaxmum:
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/c/cocoa-mulch.htm

This could mostly be avoided if companies would just spend a fraction extra and add 'potentially toxic' warnings to their labels. Is there a pressure group for better labelling of all products, flowers, paints etc to avoid pet deaths or serious illness? Many products are not obviously toxic - as opposed to eg bleach.

Gill (sneakiefeline):
I think you need to read what was on the packet and see what it contains and gives as a H&S warning.

If it does contain high levels of the chemical mentioned, I would go to great lengths to remove as much as possible and ensure the rest was dug in and then covered with a thick layer of something else.

I have read the link that Sam has kindly put up and even that is not saying this is guarenteed to be safe. It sounds like its a hoax with some truth and I am sure we would want to err on the safe side when it comes to our cats and dogs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version