Author Topic: Lost - black cat between Maidenhead and Bray on the River  (Read 23697 times)

Offline Felida

• Adult Cat
Re: Lost - black cat between Maidenhead and Bray on the River
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2008, 18:22:11 PM »
Thanks Jadesmum...
It is good to know that there are people they know bad that can feel to loose the beloved furball. I will wait here for him and look around.

:hug:

Feli
*hiding under the sofa*

Offline JadesMum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2008, 09:35:43 AM »
so sorry its not better news - keep up looking - there is always hope.
xx :where:
Amanda xx

Photos:-   http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn33/jadesmum_photos/

Mum to:-
Jade (Daughter age 7)
Lucy (Tabby Cat age 3)
Tibby (Male cat Black & White age 3 1/2  -  Latest addition)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2008, 16:07:57 PM »
Aw feel so sorry for you and mum cat!  :( Still cats have been known to be away for much longer! I hope you get some positive news from the pet comunicator! Good Luck!  :Luv: :hug: :hug:

Offline Felida

• Adult Cat
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2008, 14:37:03 PM »
Hi,

Unfortunately he is not back yet. 3 Weeks 19 hours and 35 minutes...   :'(  But I do not give up. I still call him and look for him.
I am currently in contact with a pet communicator and she and her teacher will try to help me to find him back.

It is hard to see his mom suffering so much. She is running always into his corner on the balcony and looking for him. If there is a noise out there, she is running out and looking for him. When she get asleep, she lies anywhere in the corner, not on that places where he slept. *sigh* I try to play with her so much as I can but she is always looking for him. I will take that as a good sign and I promised her that Nicki will come back soon.

Feli
*hiding under the sofa*

Offline JadesMum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2008, 11:53:21 AM »
Any News ?? xx
Amanda xx

Photos:-   http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn33/jadesmum_photos/

Mum to:-
Jade (Daughter age 7)
Lucy (Tabby Cat age 3)
Tibby (Male cat Black & White age 3 1/2  -  Latest addition)

Offline Felida

• Adult Cat
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 11:16:02 AM »
hm, have not tried that yet. Good idea. Will do that. Thanks for this idea.  :hug:

so far still no sign of him... 13 days and 7 hours and 40 minutes  :'(

Feli
*hiding under the sofa*

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 10:53:57 AM »
Have to confess to using dowsing rods and a pendulum (needle on cotton!) when I lost my Baz....the amazing thing is that the dowsing rods were pointing in the right direction to where he was found in a lock up....so anything is worth a try!  ;)

Very best of luck to you hun xxx

I hope Nicki will not forget me - us...  :'(

Im sure he wont!!!  :hug: :hug: :hug:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 10:56:33 AM by Bazsmum »

Offline Felida

• Adult Cat
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2008, 21:07:29 PM »
thanks to you all for your good wishes, prays and words.
I tried the visualisation and I feel that he is alive. I've got so many signs that he will return. That gives me so much hope. Every morning my heart is beating up to my throat and I run to my balcony to watch for him. Also every evening, every time when I am outside. It seems so long to wait... I hope he found a lovely granny who will feed him a bit. But what when he decides not to come back to me.

Once I had a cat and a dog. They were like brothers, ate out of the same dish and drunk the same water, slept together. And Felix (my cat) brought him every day a mouse or a bird. When my dog died, Felix was not the same. So my friend decided to bring him a little cat-friend. But Fexis hated her. So much that he decided to move out and live with my neighbour and her dog. This dog loved Felix... pah! One day she moved out and took him with her without asking me. For Felix it was ok... but not for me... great! Left from a cat for his bigger love - a huge dog.   >:(

I hope Nicki will not forget me - us...  :'(

His mother 'Mausi' is missing him as well. She is always looking on his places where he liked to sit..

Wish you all a nice evenig and thanks again for your help and your great support. It helps alot to feel understood.  :hug:

Feli
*hiding under the sofa*

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2008, 20:49:52 PM »
Ahh Felida I'm so sorry Nicki is still not at home with you.

If you feel particularly spiritually connected to your cat, you may like to try some visualization techniques, employed by some animal communicators. This is still quite a new and little understood area, and will not appeal to everyone, however if you think this is something you would like to try, print off the following PDF written by a practising communicator

http://www.catchat.org/visualize.pdf

Come on Nicki mummy is missing you and needs you home.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2008, 20:49:20 PM »
So sorry to hear Nicki isn't back yet but in some instances no news is good news  :hug:  :hug:  I'm keeping everything crossed that he turns up safe and sound, good luck and we'll all keep praying for his return,  :hug:  :hug:, xxxxxxxxxx

Offline Felida

• Adult Cat
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2008, 20:45:53 PM »
Hi Blackcat,
hope you are fine.

My little angel  is not back yet.  :( I still call him and always have his beloved toy with me.I have it always with me  :'( Perhaps he enjoys his new freedom and does not want to come back...  :'( 13 days now... I was so looking forward to my holiday with him...

Nobody called me that he/she found him... hope it is a good sign and he will come back.

Felida
*hiding under the sofa*

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2008, 19:40:54 PM »
Hi Felida, have you had any luck finding wee Nicki? Am thinking of you ...  :hug:

Offline Felida

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2008, 19:13:37 PM »
Thanks for your post and your nice words. .

I still hope... I will not give up. I will bring on more posters tomorrow and the next days. Hold your fingers crossed for my little angel that he will find his way back to me.  :(
My best friend today said the worst what she can say ever... and she has cats on her own.  :( It is just 9 days... I am ready wo wait forever for him...  :(

Felida

(*going-again-through-the-neigbourhood*)
*hiding under the sofa*

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2008, 17:47:59 PM »
Hope you have a lovely weekend too Felida.....sorry your babe hasnt turned up yet......I would keep checking a certain area over and over as well as new places....Good Luck!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Felida

• Adult Cat
...9 days... still no sighn from him
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2008, 15:29:53 PM »
No sighn of him after 9 days. It is so hard... for me and my 2nd cat 'Mausi' (his beloved Mum) ... we still call him and look for him. She is so lonely this days...

Hope that he will be back soon.  :(

Felida

ps: wish you all a nice weekend
*hiding under the sofa*

Offline Felida

• Adult Cat
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2008, 20:20:17 PM »
Thank you, Sam. I'll check it right now.

Felida
*hiding under the sofa*

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2008, 20:01:11 PM »
Here is a list of all the rescues in Berkshire (including the RSPCA)  http://www.catchat.org/adoption/berks.html

Offline Felida

• Adult Cat
I've got a call... but it was'nt my babe :(
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2008, 19:31:24 PM »
... it is so depressing. I'm working on my plan to walk, find footpaths.

I can not find the RSPCA from Maidenhead.. more depressing :(

Felida

*hiding under the sofa*

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 18:03:57 PM »
Hi Felida, so glad to be of even a tiny bit of help. Although I know the only real help will be getting Nicki back safe and sound. Please keep in touch and we will do our best to keep your spirits up.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 18:02:03 PM »
 :welcome: Felida to Purrs,

Sorry to hear Nicki is missing ... I would contact your local  RSPCA because if Nicki needed rescuing from the river most people will call the RSPCA.  I would get as many posters out as possible.

Sending lots of positive thoughts to you and I hope and pray your boy is safe and well.  :hug:

Offline Felida

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 17:44:39 PM »
Hi Blackcat

I think I do understand what you mean. I just read one book of Marlo Morgan (I wrote it wrong before) and it was quite nice. However, I do try to keep my books under the 1000 mark because I do live like a traveller since years and I do only buy the one which I will keep as my treasures from just some of my favourite authors. But unfortunately my field of interrest is too big  :-: And it is very bad to work for a book company. Nearly all my money goes away for books  :Crazy: and it is hard to stop buying them.

Thank you so much for this nice thread. It brought me a bit down from my panic... I will do what I can the next weeks to get him back. Even if I have to swim through the whole river... Please, let me know if you hear something from somebody.

Felida
*hiding under the sofa*

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 17:24:29 PM »
Greece is wonderful, but getting a bit overcrowded with tourists these days. I suspect I no longer have the story of Felida, I had to shed a few books when I moved. Bill Bryson is a popular America author, but he seems to be a little more perseptive than many Americans can be and his story of his journey around australia is very good. I am afraid i have not read any of Marlow Morgan's work. I am a bibliophile and buy my books then can not bear to part with them so, in an effort to keep the collection below the 2000 mark, I have disciplined myself by only buying a limited range of authors (and any stories I remember from my childhood), so have not read too many of the newer authors at all ... Will keep an eye open for it and see if I can get around to join a library like i promised another contributor to this forum that I would ...

Offline Felida

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 17:10:08 PM »
Hi Blackcat,

I've never heared from this author... *curious because I am a book inhaler*. The book about the horse named Felida... I've never heared from it too. But I've got this name as a Nickname since many years.  :innocent:

I read a book (which perhaps does not tell a good story about Australia) from Marlow Morgan... did you ever read anything from her?

By the way, I was living in Greece for 6 years... I realy love this country. I was a child when we lived there so it is my 2nd home for me..  ;D

Felida
*hiding under the sofa*

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 16:55:12 PM »
Australia is a really big country and lovely in parts. I have just read a book by Bill Bryson called Downunder, that you will enjoy reading. It is all about Australia and he has captured the essence of the place in all its oddness very well.

Being surrounded by a language does make it easier to learn, I agree. All of my modern greek comes from being in the country and making sure I learned a new thing every day while visiting (then practicing on long-suffering fish and chip shop owners ever since :rofl: )

Offline Felida

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 16:50:43 PM »
Thanks for your nice welcome here,  Bazsmum. I feel very home here...

Felida
*hiding under the sofa*

Offline Felida

• Adult Cat
Lost - black cat between Maidenhead and Bray on the River
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 16:49:38 PM »
Hi Blackcat,

Well, my move was another nightmare but I had a good target infront of my eyes. England... lovely people, friendly and nice. It was worth it. I will not go back again... perhaps sometime to another country. I will see. But I do not move a millimeter without my Nicki-babe. I made a promise to my mum and I screwed up...totally!  :-[

.....The most horrifying part of missing a cat is the uncertainty.

Australia.. heared it shall be very beautiful there... ?! I never had the possibility to see this country but I did always dream about NZ or Canada. But it always was a too big jump for my cats so I decided not to move so far. The language was not that hard to switch over for me because I worked for many years in a big company where I had to speak english. But in some conversations I still miss some words. But I'm a quick learner and I think I learned more in this 2.5 years as in the 15 years before.

Felida
*hiding under the sofa*

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 16:43:49 PM »
Sending positive vibes for your furbabes safe return~~~~~~Good Luck!  :hug:

Oo and  :welcome: to Purrs!  ;)

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 16:40:58 PM »
I read a rather lovely childrens story many years ago in which the white horse was called Felida - do you know it?

I am so impressed at you moving to a country where you don't have full language skills - that takes so much courage!! I am from Australia, but all I had to get used to here was the climate and crowds ...  :rofl:

We here will all be sending best wishes for Nicki tonight! :hug:

Offline Felida

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 16:38:14 PM »
Hi Blackcat

I'm from Germany and I'm here since 2.5 years...still learning your language...

Some of my neighbours are very nice and have cats too (I've seen one of my neighbours yesterday) but I usualy  never see them. Some of them dont have any letterboxes... :( But my landlord was so nice and allowed me to put some posters on the wall's and on the boathouse.

I hope he will find his way back to me.. hope he is a good swimmer...

Felida
*hiding under the sofa*

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 16:32:52 PM »
Felida, just because they live in big houses does not mean they do not understand what it is to lose a loved pet. Don't allow your concern for offending them stand in the way of looking for Nicki. And yes, I do understand that personal emotions (and even personal wants and needs) can be blocked from your 'sight'. Where are you from that English is not your first language?

Offline Felida

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 16:27:55 PM »
Thanks for your answers and your lovely words.

I was very brave and put it in to all letterboxes which I could find. The people here are living in very big houses and I do not know if I do bother them with my flyers. But so far, nobody complaint.

The realy horrible part is that the river here is that the edge is concrete or metal and very rampant (hope you know what I mean, I'm not a native speaker - sorry for that). There are some stairs and I hope he had enough power to climb on one. The river at this time was very strong and my landlord confirmed that to me... that is the reason why I will walk down to Windsor just in case ... :(

I am a medium but since I am involved in this nightmare my own emotions are blocked. I never tried to find a pet with my mind... just helped them if they are sick :(

Thanks for your answers again... it gives me confidence...
Felida
*hiding under the sofa*

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 16:18:01 PM »
Felida, how awful for you. Have you tried putting your posters in the letterboxes of the houses whose gardens are blocking your path down the river? If he was conscious, I would have expected him to pull himself out before he got as far as the village. Visualising is good, keep it up, and keep up your spirits, it is only a few days (easy for me to say, I know). How swiftly does the river flow around there?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 16:17:05 PM »
was there any way he could have got out of the river, like steps or something?  I live near Maidenhead so know where you mean

Offline Felida

• Adult Cat
Lost - black cat between Maidenhead and Bray on the River
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 16:12:07 PM »
Hi together,

I hope somebody is living in the Maidenhead area or Windsor. My cat Nicki is fallen into the River (I do live in a Boathouse on the river) on 12.06.08.
I heared splashing noises under my boathouse (3 meters over the water) and looked only from the balcony but I did not see anything. Some minutes later I realised that Nicki is missing and my other cat started hystericly screaming and looking for him... as I did. I can not follow the river because there are properties until Windsor... I pinned posters with his picture (and I will pin much more of them up to Windsor) and put flyers into every letterbox in my street. The posters are in the next village down the river.
I followed all advice I can found on the internet and in every forum for lost pets. I run arount every night (well... unfortunately I am alone) to call him... but no sign of him since the 12th.

Please, if somebody knows anybody living between Maidenhead and Windsor, ask them if they have seen a black cat with a blue collar with a address capsule, pet registry plate on it. He is also chipped. He is 8.5 years old and all what I have left with his catmommy from my mum (she died 8 years ago). This cat means everything for me and you all know through which kind of hell I have to go now. :(

I don't know what I can do more.

I even do the visualisation to call him more than 3 times a day.

Yes, I'm panicing (loosing my heart) and I wish to kick my self every minute for not looking better when I heared this splashing noise unter the boathouse. :(

I'm open for every Idea you have... now I'm looking how to lend a boat to go down the river.

[attachment deleted by admin]
*hiding under the sofa*

Link to CatChat