Author Topic: Hi-Life food  (Read 1327 times)

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
Re: Hi-Life food
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 11:46:18 AM »
Jameson gets PAH bisquits in morning around 7am, a pouch of Whiskas Steam Cooked lunch time and half pouch of Hi Life Essentials for dinner. By the time he gets half the Hi Life pouch he usually have it with a few more bisquits.

Although I have to play it by ear - it really depends on the day as my little hobo often gets fed at the neighbours.

I bought complimentary Hi Life pouches by mistake, so every now and then he gets one as a treat, but always combined with his complete dry food.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 11:21:08 AM »
Well I've been mixing it into Milo's food, which is what I think I'll do and leave him on felix, and he picked it all off!

To see whether Jess was being awkward or ill I gave him some of Milo's jelly and he ate it, tried to give him so high-life (only a small amount on a spoon) and he wouldn't eat it!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 20:48:46 PM »
Im sure jess would love some hi life, if his diet is just for water intake you could mix some extra water in it for good measure

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 17:47:20 PM »
If you use the complimentary pouches, 2 a day would mean a lot of biscuits to make it complete, i only ever fed one with dry to be on the safe side, although mine are older more sedate cats.

I personally would mix something with Jess's food as if he doesnt eat, it will also affect his health.
Please spay your cat

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 08:54:13 AM »
Yep - you have to be careful with HiLife though, the bulk of their food is complimentary, the little Petit Pate tins aren't, and their Essentials and Cherish range aren't, but most of the pouches are. If you feed complimentary, you have to make sure they either have just one wet meal a day with the other meal being complete food, or feed complete dry with it - which would be a problem with Jess. Also, as he has cystitis issues, high fish content foods should be avoided, the magnesium is thought to contribute to cystitis.

Thanks Desley, Was thinking more for Milo, who would have 2 pouches plus JWB biscuits a day.

Jess is still on his urinary food (i've posted in health) but he seems to have stopped eating it, so I was thinking of mixing in some hi-life with it but need to speak to my vet really before doing it.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 08:43:32 AM »
Yep - you have to be careful with HiLife though, the bulk of their food is complimentary, the little Petit Pate tins aren't, and their Essentials and Cherish range aren't, but most of the pouches are. If you feed complimentary, you have to make sure they either have just one wet meal a day with the other meal being complete food, or feed complete dry with it - which would be a problem with Jess. Also, as he has cystitis issues, high fish content foods should be avoided, the magnesium is thought to contribute to cystitis.
Please spay your cat

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
Hi-Life food
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 08:41:16 AM »
I was thinking of trying Milo on it as I was impressed with the percentage of what was meat or fish,

Does anyone else feed it?

Link to CatChat