Author Topic: Homes Needed For Hard To Home Cats (Unknown Outcome)  (Read 1627 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Homes Needed For Hard To Home Cats (Unknown Outcome)
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 19:49:46 PM »
Catchat really do help boost homings so really worth looking into it   :wow:;D

Thats a shame they cant be considered for a stable life, lets hope they dont have to live in pens for much longer. Is there anybody who could foster them in a home environment so they come on quicker?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 18:24:34 PM by Janeyk »

Offline Maxie cat

• Kitten
Re: Homes Needed For Hard To Home Cats
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 16:09:31 PM »
We're a rescue cattery and yep we're listed on catchat but i might look into those rehoming pages, thanks :).

It's one of my branches policies to home cats within a typical household so we can't home them as outdoor cats :(

I love the timid cats too and believe me if I had room at least one of them would be coming to live with me. There's something about seeing how far they've come.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 13:03:42 PM »
Are you a boarding cattery doing abit of rescue or entirely rescue? If you are a rescue are you on cat chat? They offer free homing pages and have a top cat section that does help get those harder to home cats into new families  ;D

www.catchat.org

Have you looked into getting stable homes for them? Make sure the people will feed the cats daily and provide all other necessities.
Sadly many people dont want to put any effort into winning a cat round, personally i like the timid ones  :Luv: Iv had Simon comming up to 3 years and he jumped on the bed with me for the first time a few nights ago and stayed there all night. He was a timid little feral who was caught at 5months of age  :Luv:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 20:42:09 PM »
I'll move it to the right section for you.  ;)

Offline Maxie cat

• Kitten
Homes Needed For Hard To Home Cats (Unknown Outcome)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 20:37:35 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the right place or not. I work for a small cattery in North London, we often have more cats than we are licensed for - we can't help it if cats are left at the door which sadly happens regularly. We have a non-destruction policy but sometimes this means we are left with cats for a long time. The summer before last we took in a colony from someone's back garden, out of 10 we've homed 4 but now we're left with 6. The ones we homed have come along leaps and bounds and are now your typical pet cat, the one's we're left with are not feral, just timid but potential adopters don't see them for what they're really like. Does anyone know of people who would suit these cats? Out of the 6 we have 2 pairs and 2 singles but they would all get on well with other cats.
Here's a pic of one of the pairs:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 18:24:50 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat