Author Topic: Loving home needed for Magnolia -Nervous but loving 11y/o black cat HOMED  (Read 4623 times)

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
Any update on this beauty?

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
Re: Loving home needed for Magnolia -Nervous 11y/o black cat (Nr Manchester)
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2008, 21:02:09 PM »
Liz that sounds lovely but she hates our cats so its not fair on her really. She's chilled out alot since we moved but she is on edge with them around sometimes and its sad.

Of course there is still a food mat reserved at ours for Christmas dinner (turkey!) for Magsy moo  ;D
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2008, 20:23:47 PM »
Dawn me thinks our Maggs has a permanant home with you

She seems happy with you and OH as slaves so perhaps her best Chrissie pressie is a forever home with you!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2008, 20:12:55 PM »
bump for Magsy Moo  :shify:
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 13:12:59 PM »
I do hope someone gives Mags a forever home soon, the oldies are fantastic
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 13:09:11 PM »
I'm bumping Mags again, starting to think she will never be offered a home  :( she's been with us almost a year now and I would like her to get a new home before Christmas but I am not holding out too much hope.

She is on the Top Cats section of Cat Chat and has been for almost a month it must be.

She is a completely different cat since we've moved and also Phil says she was a different cat when he took her to the vet because she was on her own without our cats bothering her - she wasn't her nervous self  ;D Since we've moved she is alot more tolerant of our lot and alot more vocal and wants more fuss  :) she will tell me off if I don't give her attention!

I just wish people were more willing to take on an oldie like Mags, she would love being an only cat and having a nice warm lap to sit on in the evening, one that doesn't get fought over with the others  :naughty:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 07:27:11 AM »
she is gorgeous and black cats are my favs too
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2008, 15:07:03 PM »
awwww, Magsy Moo sounds like a little honey  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 12:44:01 PM »
Everything crossed here hunnie x

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 09:03:29 AM »
Magsy moo is now a Catchat Top Cat!  :shy:

Cross your fingers for her.

I woke up at 4am to her purring sooooo loudly on me, I had to force myself to wake up a bit to give her a snuggle  ;D

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 08:45:38 AM »
Nope still nothing  :(

I would rather not put her through the stresses of us moving house but it may be inevitable as we are moving in just over three weeks. I have applied to put her on the Top Cats section of cat chat as I think she classifies as an "overlooked" cat who is harder to home.

I suppose its hard enough rehoming black cats nevermind senior ones. I've never understood that though, being a black cat fan myself. With three in the house I said to OH last night, I think 90% of the time I am calling them by the wrong name as if its dark or I only take a quick look, I can't tell which one is which  :rofl:

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 20:34:49 PM »
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww :( and such beautiful eyes too

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 16:18:27 PM »
still nothing Dawn?  poor magnolia

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 09:13:05 AM »
A bump for Magsy moo  :Luv:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2008, 13:01:31 PM »
 :sneaky: Thanks JS I will try that! Our lot seem to love anything cheese flavoured (except Cheese herself but shes had her wormer now!)

I am trying to keep track of who's had theirs, who's managed a half and who hasn't had any. Glad theres only four of them  :rofl:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Dawn, try primula cheese paste on the wormer.(a tip given by someone else. Helen, I think.) My cats actively lick the wormer off my finger when I put it in that!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
Oh she is just lovely (I have a huge soft spot for black cats even though one doesn't own me).  Hope she finds her forever home very soon  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
Bumps for Magsy who was a very good girl at the cattery while we were away  ;D Sue who runs the cattery said she was a "sweetheart" and didn't even hiss at her neighbours.

Shes been really loveable now she's back here and keeps sitting on my lap and headbutting me for pets - she even waited outside the loo for me before and meowed to tell me off when I came back out  :rofl: :rofl:

I only thought when speaking to Sue, that Mags has been here since before Christmas! It doesn't seem that long but it would be nice to find her a forever home soon  :Luv2: she is being a butter with her wormer, I tried breaking it into quarters and putting it in her chunks of meat but she is veeeerrryy good at opening the chunks and eating all but the wormer  :rofl:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
Thanks Helen  :hug: Your version looks miles better!

It looks a bit dark here but my screen is light so maybe thats why it didn't look toooo bad to me. Or maybe I should lay off the carrots  :evillaugh:

Magsy is sat next to me now, leepin  :Luv:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 21:20:13 PM by Cheesecat »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
She has lovely eyes Dawn... but that's all I can see  :evillaugh:  Hope you don't mind - I lightened her pic so you can see her in all her glory  :)

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
Piccy of Magsy moo...

Looking all proud on the sofa next to dad..  ;D

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Awww, Magsy sounds lovely. :)

One of our cats is a bt nervy round the others, but I still wake up to find her stood next to me purring so it can't upset her that much!

Good luck finding the perfect home for this lovely sounding lady.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I was only thinking about her yesterday - good luck Magnolia

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
Well I suppose its about time Magsy got her own thread  :)

Magnolia (or Magsy as shes affectionately known as  ;D ) is an 11 year old black cat. Magnolia's owner suddenly decided that she didn't want her anymore after eleven years and put her in a cattery until Dawn (as in DiddyDawn) took her in and brought her to us! Dawn was given the ultimatum of taking Magnolia on, or her being PTS once her two weeks in the cattery was up  >:(

She's been with us since last December and to be honest,  I suppose I haven't been promoting the fact she needs a home as much as I could have. I have grown very attached to Mags since shes been with us but she is not happy living with our three crazy cats and she really would benefit from being an only cat or maybe living with one other VERY placid cat!

I feel sorry for Mags because when our cats aren't around she is much more confident and will come and sit on our laps and purrs and paddles - but when they are around she is more timid and keeps away from us alot. I think in the right home she will come out of her shell alot more, when she first came to our house she followed us around talking to us and wanted alot of fuss and I think that would continue in the right home.

I have gotten used to Mags sleeping next to me in bed every night, she wont move no matter how much I wriggle and keeps me nice and warm!

Magsy was a bit on the overweight side (well quite alot!) when she came here but shes been in "fat cat club" and is losing the belly  ;)
I think she was used to being fed on scraps and raw meat because she goes mad when you are opening packets in the kitchen and will lean up on the side of the cabinet and pat me for attention  :sneaky:

Magnolia is a cat with alot of character (and her tail has a mind of its own!) and it makes me sad that because shes a timid black cat of a certain age she might be overlooked. I would keep her with us if she got on with our cats (and if I didn't already have 2 black cats, it is very confusing sometimes!)

We are in the Stockport/Manchester area. If anyone can let me or DiddyDawn know if you know of someone who might be interested in adopting Magsy moo  ;D

I took some photos of her but I forgot to upload them, I will add them tonight when I get home  8)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 21:49:54 PM by JackSpratt »

Link to CatChat