Author Topic: What do you think? (SORTED)  (Read 2367 times)

Offline summerleft

• Adult Cat
Re: What do you think?
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 18:19:40 PM »
Yes there are, the person already said they can get one from cats protection, I think Ive decided to hold fire, however we may have to sneak him in for a little while when we move.

My problem is I get too attached! hes been sitting on my knee all afternoon and just had some chicken lol

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 17:38:50 PM »
Is he now minus a couple of things?  :rofl:

Have you seen the reply to your other post from FTHG helper? Read like they may be able to help you...

If he is starting to enjoy human attention i wouldnt send him off to live outdoors. He should have the choice of a warm house if that what he decides he'd like.

There must be rescues near the riding centre with true ferals looking for work!

Offline summerleft

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 16:27:57 PM »
true although I know he's very good at catching things from experience lol
its an equestrian centre rather than a farm as such but we still arent sure, hes home now from the vets  very fussy and I got a lovely bleeding scratch in the process! lol i think hes saying please please never send me there again!

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 16:17:35 PM »
The other thing you have to consider is what if he is not a very good mouser, what will the farm do then?  Not all cats are good at catching things.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 16:01:15 PM »
When we take cats in we have a responsibility to do what is in their best interest. I personally would never home a cat to somewhere I was not 100% sure it was the right thing to do. If a cat needs TLC it would be very wrong in my opinion to re-home him where he will not be allowed in the home and be  a mouser.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 12:04:05 PM »
it sounds like you don't really like the idea to me but I suppose time is running out and you may not have a choice

Offline summerleft

• Adult Cat
What do you think? (SORTED)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 11:44:25 AM »
Most of you will know about Tackleberry the cat we are trying to rehome.

He ran off last year in May time and started to come back in the house but is very nervous. Anyway I caught him yesterday adn he spent a surprisingly quiet night shut in a room on his own. He seemed a little worried but was coming up for fuss and strokes, I can pick him up no problem and he likes his ear scratching  :)

So out of the three possible homes as is always the case only one is showing a true interest, however my dilema is this, its a farm home, he will not go in the house he will be there to do a job of mousing, now what worries me is after last night Im thinking he actually needs some TLC and not to be out on his own again like the last year.

Do I accept this person s offer or hold on, I dont want him to go out again before we move in 2 weeks so Im going to see if my parents will take him until we move (will take immense convincing) I think he needs some time to recover and I cant leave him shut in the lounge, hes pulled up the carpets already and we rent! we will loose out deposit if hes there for two weeks

So what do i do take the offer or wait, Im not sure  :thanks:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 12:59:36 PM by MrsR »

Link to CatChat