Author Topic: Neighbourhood bully cat  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Neighbourhood bully cat
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 12:19:57 PM »
It does sound like this cat needs to be trapped in a shed for a couple of days and somehow loose it marbles in the bid to escape.....

I would agree that it is in the little ones interest and the interest of the cats in the area. Lets hop someone has the kindness to do it. I am sure all who post on here would be good hearted ;D
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 15:27:01 PM »
Yes its terrible when cats disappear and return minus a few bits.

Charlie should soon learn that the bully cant get in and then he will have great fun taunting him  :evillaugh:

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 15:22:53 PM »
It does sound like this cat needs to be trapped in a shed for a couple of days and somehow loose it marbles in the bid to escape.....

I was just going to say the same thing -

Wonder if he could go "missing" for the day and return minus 2 things  :evillaugh:

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 13:28:14 PM »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 13:14:10 PM »
Aw that's awful....poor Charlie and Corky!  :( Could you not bring Corky in the garden to play with Charlie for a while? Im sure the owner would not mind....atleast he would be safe also....or is it time for another cat.....  :sneaky:

If the owner is a drinker then what about a little mission to get her cat neutered? I have done this before and what a huge difference for the street and the cat for the better!  ;)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 10:33:56 AM »
We have been on at her for years Mark, she has about 13 cats and the females have been done finally with help and persuasion from myself and another neighbour Nigel.  It is pointless trying with her she just couldn't care less.  When one of her cats was killed on the road we went to tell her and she just said "oh right" and shut the door!  I think I will just have to persevere with the squirting and hope for the best.  Feel sorry for Charlie though cos even whilst he is playing with his Da Mouse in the garden he has one eye on the boundaries all the time.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 10:31:53 AM »
Have you tried suggesting neutering to her? - maybe she is as aggressive as her cat?  :scared:
Maybe she could get a voucher so she wouldn't have to use her White Lightning money  :-:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 10:27:20 AM »
This is my fear with Rameses,he is such a confident cat and will pounce on other cats,I am scared stiff of him becoming the neighbourhood bully cat :shy:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Neighbourhood bully cat
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 09:42:56 AM »
is stalking Charlie through the netting.  Four times this morning have had to squirt him.  He is a mean cat and beat Charlie up one time when Charlie was a stray.  Also gave Charlie's friend Corky a good pasting yesterday - the squeals from Corky had us all out to see what was going on.  He is an unneutered Tom who belongs to the woman with a multi cat household who drinks a lot. 

To add insult to misery the blackbird that has nested in next door's garden keeps landing on the netting carrying worms and calling to its babies.  Driving Charlie nuts (driving me nuts too as I am so afraid the babies wont last long with all the cats in our avenue)

Phew and I thought the garden was going to be a lovely safe place for him, now he is frightened of his own shadow.

Link to CatChat