Author Topic: New to the Forum - Hullo!  (Read 5203 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: New to the Forum - Hullo!
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2008, 07:10:22 AM »
Wow, that's a brilliant C & C!  :wow:  Nigel's hair's very trendy  :)

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2008, 20:47:35 PM »
Oooh i'd love to see some piggy pics of your very lucky pigger!

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2008, 20:45:46 PM »
Hi Cathryn love your C&C, my outdoor run is very similar but covered over the top with a small wooden hutch for hiding/sleeping.  In fact your big boy looks very much like my Rodent with not quite so much white on him otherwise virtually the same.  When I actually acquire a camera I will try and get some pictures up and running. 

:pic:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2008, 15:16:33 PM »
Hi fourfurballs! Lovely to see you on here as well. I think the kitty proofing is all sorted out now (thank goodness) and i know exactly what i need to get. And thankyou they really are beautiful arn't they :) But two will have to be my ultimate limit or i will have to get rid of the boyfriend to allow for more space!! Heheheh. I'm going to moving furniture around today so i can fit a cat tree in my bedroom and my lounge, ooooh what fun :)

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2008, 14:18:06 PM »
Hi Cathryn - glad you found your way here and joined. I so rarely get time to visit here but when I do everyone has been so helpful and friendly. I noticed your thread at Wheekers about kitty proofing the C&C but hadn't realised that you had this pair reserved. They are gorgeous. Cats are just as addictive as piggies so beware!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2008, 19:10:55 PM »
I couldnt not look  :Luv: i miss having a vege eater, only got a composter now  :(

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2008, 18:55:38 PM »
Aww you had a look at her piggies? Doesn't Bear just look adorable lol. If only I had the space...   ;D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 18:56:01 PM by Cathryn87 »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2008, 18:52:21 PM »
Aww your piggies and reserved kitties are lovely  :Luv: I quite fancy Nigel even tho he has a bad hair cut  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2008, 18:31:43 PM »
Your telling me lol. Nimbus, the smaller little baby, is very very vocal when he wants his veggies :)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 18:30:03 PM »
Ahhh bless em .. I do like piggies (although they are noisy little bliters)  :rofl:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 17:11:40 PM »
Right'o then :)

Here is my boys C&C. Its 6 foot long and 2 foot wide, so they have lots of space to run about.

And heres a pic of the boys :)

Hope the pics come out okay and arn't too big/small!

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008, 17:06:12 PM »
I can post a picture of mine if you like? Where would be a suitable place to post it?

I think this thread will do - there is no point in starting a new thread just for that.

:thanks:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2008, 17:02:49 PM »
It's an indoor Guinea Pig cage made out of Wire Cubes (their original purpose is for storage) and a Correx base. It enables people to make a proper sized cage for their piggies, and it can also be a lot cheaper. I can post a picture of mine if you like? Where would be a suitable place to post it?

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 16:59:22 PM »
What is a C&C?
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 16:27:58 PM »
Awww well I bet Private Rodent is so pleased to be back safely in his hutch lol. I was talking to my partner about it last night, and started worrying about my boys somehow managing to get out of their C&C lol! Not that i have ever heard of anyones pigs managing it. It's going to be completely covered (and strengthened) soon though in prep for the kitties.

What colours are they?

Both of the kitties are tabby. I don't have any of my own pictures yet to show anyone (will have hundreds when they get here though!) But i can post you a link where there is a lovely picture of them from the rescue lady's website. I know i read somewhere about not advertising stuff though, so i really don't mind if it needs to be removed.

Here they are, you'll need to scroll to the bottom. As you can see Pudding and Marble are reserved, and little billy is reserved by someone else.

http://www.lbgpr.co.uk/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=30&MMN_position=44:44

Cathryn x x x

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 15:42:16 PM »
Hello Yvonne!

EDIT: Goodness me just read your link. 10 days!!! Yikes! I would have been going out of my mind lol, what a truly lucky pigger. What kind of cage did he escape from?

I suppose it was the bog standard rabbit run in the back garden.  What I omitted to realise was that the ground was uneven and there was a little gap which Private Rodent squeezed through, whether accidentally or deliberately we shall never know.  He was very pleased to get back into his indoor hutch after we trapped him and he had lost a terrific amount of weight, he weighed about the same as a baby piggy, he is putting on weight steadily now.

The incident taught me a lot and I certainly make sure now that all four corners are touching the ground, the top of the run has bricks laid on it to be sure.  They are out in the back garden as we speak, they like to get a bit of fresh air and the grazing is good out there.  I was not really going out of my mind because I just presumed that he was dead, and so I was more annoyed with myself for being a little careless or not realising that he could escape, when he first went missing I think he just hid for a full week and it was only after seven days that he appeared as bold as brass and nibbling the weeds but much as we tried chasing and with a butterfly net he evaded capture.  I already had a trap set up just in case but as I had not seen him I was not really paying a lot of attention to it and we started to set the trap more seriously with better tasting food after he was sighted.  After he was sighted on the Thursday then I was going out of my mind because I was not expecting to catch him but I thought that a cat probably would.  Sunday morning he was in the trap and it was a real relief I can tell you - still feel really quite lucky about it and am making doubly sure that all cages, hutches and outside runs are as secure as they can be.    :Luv2:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 06:55:49 AM »
Hiya Cathryn.  Welcome to Purrs!   We're a mad but friendly bunch on here, and we hope you'll love it, and have as much fun as you can.  Bet you can't wait to get your two babies.  What colours are they?  Have you heard about the Purrs Cat Show?  (Hard to miss it really as everyone's signatures are changing to promote it  :heeee heeee: )   ;D

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 23:55:20 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Cathryn...... :)

Cant wait to see pics of your furbabes!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 21:38:30 PM »
Hiya Cathryn n  :welcome: to PURR's
you'll like it here  :) full of crazy cat ppl  :rofl:

looking forward seeing pics of Pudding n Marbles  :Luv:
Good for you, for taking two :wow:

two cats are great fun to watch and they'll keep each other company when your out  ;)

Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 21:02:37 PM »
Hello Yvonne! Wonderful to see a fellow Piggie lover :) I have two lovely boars, Jasper and Nimbus. In the process of Kittie proofing their C&C at the mo.

And by the way, heheh, I am definitely not looking for a spotless house! The house i was referring to earlier was dire, and i mean DIRE lol. (Ever seen the houses Kim & Aggie clean on the TV?). It had black muck all over the bath and tiles.. just gross! God knows how many diseases the poor kitty was subjected to :(

EDIT: Goodness me just read your link. 10 days!!! Yikes! I would have been going out of my mind lol, what a truly lucky pigger. What kind of cage did he escape from?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 21:12:39 PM by Cathryn87 »

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 20:57:39 PM »
Hi Cathryn and   :welcome:  to Purrs

So glad that you are adopting two kitties and also that you have guinea pigs, I have four cats and two piggies - Rodent escaped recently, see thread:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,14092.0.html

However, if it is a spotless house you are looking for, oh dear I think I fail miserably in that area.  I work full time started at 6.15 this morning and finished at 5.45 this afternoon, as well as the cats and piggies also have one pony (Charlie) two chidren and hubby.  My turn for mucking out in the morning before school, although my daughter will probably do that I am just the taxi.  So that does not leave a lot of time for housework, although I try my best.  Maybe I should not spend so much time on Purrs but I think we all need a bit of "me time" now and again.

Sure that you will have a great time on this forum.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 20:36:59 PM »
Hey Cathryn, welcome to Purrs, we are very friendly here, although we occassionally get a bit heated in our debates. It is not personal, just differences of opinion. We always welcome people who adore their cats (and other pets!!).

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 20:19:32 PM »
Hello and thaankyou all :) I will definitely post some piccies when they arrive! And yep Sam i am reeeeally excited!! I was originally going to just adopt one, but after lots of researching (and persuading of my partner lol) I decided on two. I hated the thought of seperating little Pudding from Marble :) Can't wait to have them home with me! It will be another 4 weeks or so though i think.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 20:15:31 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Great you are getting 2 furbies and we shall need to see some pictures when they arrive  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 19:45:18 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs

I bet your excited about Pudding and Marbles coming to join you .. can't wait to see pics of them when they arrive.

Sorry to hear you had a bad time on the other forum ... we are a very friendly bunch on here so I'm sure you'll be fine.

If you have any questions of queries regarding your new furbabes just yell and I'm sure we will be able to assist.

All the best

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 18:47:13 PM »
Hello and thankyou very much!

Yes they do come already named, the girlie is called Pudding and the boy is called Marbles. I'm probably going to change the girlies name to Molly though - as i love the sound of Molly and Marbles! Tehehe :)

And from what i've heard from other people i doubt i'll have any dreadful experiences as well. To cut a long story short, the issue was about a photo another member had posted which showed their home in absolutely awful conditions, i mean it was just filthy (Kim & Aggie filthy). I shan't rant on about it though lol :) I merely mentioned that it looked like an unsuitable place to keep a cat and then everything spiralled out of control lol. Oh well! I am already liking it here very much.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 18:41:28 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Cathryn.  Well done for adopting the two kittens and we look forward to hearing all about them.  Have you decided on names for them yet or do they come to you already named?

PS I am sure you will not have any dreadful experiences here on Purrs  :Luv:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
New to the Forum - Hullo!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 18:14:31 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am completely new here so wanted to introduce myself! My name is Cathryn (as you can see lol) and i'm going to adopt two adorable little kittens from a rescue in a few weeks time. I have just had an awful experince with another cat forum (long story lol) and was recommended this forum from someone at Wheekers as i have two lovely Guinea Piggies as well!

I am so excited to be adopting these little Kittens, it has been something i have wanted to do for years but have never felt we were in the right position to do so before. I am trying to do as much research as possible so you'll probably see me asking lots of questions lol.

Anyway, i look forward to getting to know you all!

Cathryn x x x :)

Link to CatChat