Cat Health & Behaviour > For FIV & FELV babes

How do you know if your cat has FIV or FELV?

(1/6) > >>

zoe (tiggy + pipins mum):
I paid 46.50 for soots fiv felv blood tests

Desley (booktigger):
Milly's mum - my vet uses that price, and they add something like ?9ish on for something - takes it to ?34.40 for an accurate test, so I will continue to do that - not that I get a choice, my vets dont' do an in house test. Charlotte, ?40 for an house test seems scandalous!!

tammy:
Thanks guys. If she ever needs bloods done again for something else I will ask vet to do these too. Id just hate to put her through it all again right now as she is only just recovering from all the trauma.. She dont take too well to having scans and bloods so she has to always be put under, this has been done 3 times in the last month and it just seems unfair to do it again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Millys Mum:
?25 will be the price to the vets, they then get to add on their disposable costs,time and mark up   :doh:

Team Svartalfheims:

--- Quote from: Millys Mum on November 20, 2006, 12:01:07 PM ---
http://www.gla.ac.uk/companion/felv.htm#felvvna

--- End quote ---

Just looked at the price lists on there and it seems to be almost same cost to get them sent to Glasgow as it is for my in house vet ones so I'll be getting the Glasgow ones done seeing as they are more accurate results for the same cost. My vets charge ?40 for in house FIV and felv test whereas Glasgow charge ?25 plus vat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version