Author Topic: Lyla is getting spayed...  (Read 1223 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Lyla is getting spayed...
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 11:41:29 AM »
Good Luck for Lyla at the vets today CC....Im sure she will be fine re the food!  :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 10:32:09 AM »
Awww, CC. It's such a short op, I'm sure she'll be OK.

Sending Lyla lots of fuss and knowing her mummy will give her really nice food when she wakes up properly!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

ccmacey

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 09:43:34 AM »
11.45 she has to be there

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 09:42:29 AM »
Good luck Lyla - midline spays can take longer to heal.  If she hasnt already had her op give them a call and ask if they can use glue and internal stiches - its a lot less hassle and she wont need a lampshade.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

ccmacey

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 09:39:50 AM »
Yeah they do do it at my vets but I think it depends on the vet thats doing it. And it does cost more. I just hate seeing the shaven side cos its a constant reminder for a few months, maybe I need a reminder as I forgot about her getting spayed till today  :doh:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 09:08:52 AM »
not sure about the food, I'd check but I think you'd be ok

they offtered me a mid line for tilly because she is bengal and they were worried about her coat growing back differently, she is a pet so I said I'd rather have the normal one done (A bit cheeky of me really but I was worried that they might not do many mid lines and mess it up!!)  I think for cats like siamese were the coat can grow back a different colour they tend to do mid line - if you particularly want it I'm sure they will do it I think at our vets it costs more

ccmacey

Lyla is getting spayed...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 09:06:35 AM »
Lyla is getting spayed TODAY.

Im getting a bit nervous now, totally forgot about it as I booked her in about 4 weeks ago. And I only forgot to take their food away last night, will she still be ok?  She has not had anything this morning. Im starting to feel guilty as she is only a wee small thing and I hate the shaven side. But she is getting it done as she has been going a little crazy and Tom's have been calling which has left big bro Ted to deal with them. Its a good job she cant get out of the garden as my kitten would be having kittens by now.

In what cases do they do a mid line spay, would they do 1 if I asked?

Link to CatChat