Author Topic: Tuppence and cat collars  (Read 1414 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Tuppence and cat collars
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 12:46:12 PM »
Hi Fiona.  I've just recently bought one of these for Pad, and am happy with it.

Marla endorses the collars and she's very passionate about making sure the products she sells are the very best they can be.  There's a huge debate rages about collars - to use or not to use, but as we all have personal preferences, if you're a cat owner who prefers your cat to wear a collar as well as being chipped, then these are much better than many of the alternatives out there.   

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 10:04:23 AM »
I've got the personalised collars for my pair and whilst they don't wear them all the time (mainly used when travelling or when they go out for walks) they seem like they'd be easy for the cat to get off.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Marie

• Senior Cat
  • Maisy and Tommy
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 09:36:25 AM »
Fiona, I am very pleased to hear Tuppence sorry Dinky is getting on so well in her new home.

We use a kitty collar for Tommy, one of the personalised ones with our phone number on as even though he is an indoor only cat and is micro chipped if he should get out I hope this will enable him to be returned to us much sooner.  As for the safety aspect we have on more than one occasion found Tom without his collar which I take as a good sign the quick release safety clip works well!
Marie, Maisy and Tommy xxx

Offline Fiona2

• Adult Cat
Tuppence and cat collars
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 00:09:06 AM »
Firstly for anyone who remembers, an update on Tuppence........ she is getting on very well in her new home with her new mum Geraldine and after a couple of name changes, Tuppence, Fifi, she is now called Dinky, I think it suits her cause she is pretty dinky. She crawls under the bed covers at night and has even started to sit on Geraldine's knee, or on whatever book, newspaper or magazine she happens to be reading.
She is now going outside, took her a couple of days to get used to the cat flap and she spent some time with her head poking out looking at her new garden before she ventured out.
She now loves going out and has treated her new family to a frozen chicken leg, a tuna steak, a mouse's head and worryingly a full grown deceased guinea pig.  :sick:
G says that if Dinks comes home with any more domestic animals she may get a cat collar with a bell for the purpose of warning any potential victims of impending doom, although she is not too keen on cat collars and after my Dave nearly hung himself years ago after his collar got caught in some barbed wire I don't use them either.
Been having a look on t'internet at safety cat collars and seen the ones on www.kittycollars.co.uk, they are supposed to snap off if they get caught, so question...... does anyone have any experience with these cat collars? are they as safe as they sound?

Link to CatChat