Author Topic: Sill worried about Simba  (Read 13437 times)

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
Re: Sill worried about Simba
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 14:37:38 PM »
Rang the vets up before gonna have a word with our vet he will ring me when he gets in, he hasn't eaten or drank anything today just sleeping :'(
Caroline xx

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 10:55:58 AM »
its only for 24hrs Desley, the raw they are on at other times is deep frozen and has everything in it ie bones and so on  :sick: so it is complete.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 15:03:55 PM by sheryl »
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 10:43:25 AM »
I think Desley's comment was intended for Sheryl Dawn ;)

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 08:33:37 AM »
huh??

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 07:38:52 AM »
i am surprised that the vet hasn't asked for a urine sample, and I would urge to get a tray in the house.
Dawn, that sounds quite dangerous advice, mince isn't complete, so giving that for a full 24 hours means they will lack in nutrients. Also, using mince for raw doesn't give most of hte benefits, such as helping their teeth, as there are no chunks to chew.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 15:07:20 PM »
I used Royal Canin sensible 33 with Tilly

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 15:06:13 PM »
NM really made my Bengals bad tummy wise, have you tried the Orijen biscuits?  Try buying some really good quality minced lamb (i buy organic) feed him just the raw for 24 hours and see how he goes.  It worked for my Bengals.

I would say that you definately need a tray indoors.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 13:00:59 PM »
Thanks Gill for your reply,will get another tray for the house,

No Desley he hasn't been tested for an urine infection,he is on chicken highlife and nm,he won't even eat any dry food ever and some have things in to help his stomach,so I've been told. :(
Caroline xx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 07:44:58 AM »
Have the vets tested his urine to make sure he doesn't have an infection? What are you feeding him on? I dont blame him for not wanting to go out to toilet in the rain, we had hailstone and heavy rain yesterday. While insurance might seem more expensive than vets at the moment, that might change if they get older.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 23:35:21 PM »
I am afraid I have to agree with Mojo and you need litter trays in the house.

I suspect he is trying to tell you this and that he doesnt want to have to keep rushing out into the cold, run or not, and the only way you are going to resolve this is to get some trays in the house.

You need one for each cat plus one until things settle and then you get rid of ones not used , except ypu always keep one.

Simba maybe suffering with stress which would likely be caused by having no tray in the house and presumably either getting in trouble for what he is doing , or just pisking up from everyone the bad vibes. Cats can tell you are stressed even before you know you are. I think right now all of your household is stressed and that will affect Simba and the others.

Insurance is never more expensive than the vets if you have a sick cat who is racking up vet bills and of course that is exactly what insurance is for, insuring for the bad times.

I would never ever not have insurance for my 4 cos as they get older thats when they start to need the vets and its no good waiting until they have a problem cos then no insurance company will take them on for the problem, you must be insured first.

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 11:33:36 AM »
Thats ok Mojo, I value anybody's replies,
Thanks for yours and thanks for your get well wishes :Luv:
Caroline xx

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 11:30:25 AM »
Aaaaaaaaah I seeeeeeeee :shy:

Sorry to preach Caroline, good luck with the kitties, hope Simba is better soon  :Luv2:

Add Glitter to Pictures

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 11:15:36 AM »
Thanks Mojo, but we have a great big run in our garden with their own toilet house with a cat litter tray for each of them, with Sky I think she is just lazy, Sabre goes out all the time to use the litter tray,and they can come and go in the run all day and night if they want to, I have put a lot of pictures up of the run in the past. Caroline xx
Caroline xx

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 11:08:09 AM »
Sometimes even when cats are mainly outdoor cats they still prefer to toilet inside. Maybe the garden is still a "Scary" place for them and they just feel safer inside, especially if they aren't feeling too well at the mo  :(

Can you not convince your hubby to have some trays indoors? surely a few trays in a back room or a not-very-often-used part of the house for trays is better than them pooing/weeing anywhere inside the house?

If they have the opportunity to toilet inside then this may make them feel less stressed and given the choice they then may decide to toilet outdoors instead of all over the house.

There are lots of people on this forum who know a lot more than me on this subject, personally my cats are indoor (they have FIV) and usually the tray only needs cleaning twice a day (its done as soon as its used) and you can also buy some hooded trays that dont even look like trays; they look like an attractive piece of furniture! Having trays indoors also means that you can spot any changes.

sorry to blah blah and I hope the kitties start feeling better soon  :hug:

Add Glitter to Pictures

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 10:53:58 AM »
Thanks Dawn xx
Caroline xx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 10:52:54 AM »
Tilly had bengal bottom when she was little but luckily grew out of it.  they aren't the easiest of cats, Tilly ruined our bed the first time we went away, a poo for every day!  unfortunately they are very sensitive maybe they can tell you aren't very happy - no proper advice sorry but hope it gets sorted

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 10:50:05 AM »
Thanks very much for your advice Sheryl, hubby has looked for cat insurance but recond with all the cats it would work out dearer than just having to go the vets when he wasn't well,because you have to pay so much money back each time when you claim and that would be dearer than each vet visit,s we can't win. :'(
Caroline xx

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 10:45:20 AM »
Sorry to hear that Simba is still not well, when we had the same problem the only thing that really sorted them out was feeding raw meat and the Lacto B, they are now on Orijen dry and felix pouches with raw every other day, we have never had the soiling in inappropriate places though, and Im glad to say that they are both "solid" now.  It sounds as if they are a bit unsettled for some reason.

It may be worth you taking out some pet insurance for peace of mind in the future. I hope it all gets sorted soon
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
Sill worried about Simba
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 09:19:04 AM »
Things are still bad with Simba, went the vets with him last week because there was more blood in his poo's, he was given an inflamatry tab (spelt wrong I know) which should last for 4 weeks but he is going the toilet everywhere he can in the house and it is getting out of control,and all the kids are moaning which I can't blame them,went jollies yesterday and got some spray to stop him going in certain places but he still finds somewhere else to do it. Michael my son and his girlfriend are saying well the baby isn't coming here when we have it with all this going on and it is really upsetting me.We are spending a fortune at the vets and now we have no money to pay for their boosters at the end of the month which is gonna come to about £200 for all five of them.I don't no why he is not going outside in his cat litter tray (WE HAVE 3 OF THEM) and hubby won't let me bring a cat litter tray in the house.Sky is trying to have her wee' in the house too,it has been going on for ages now even when his stomach isn't to bad.It is causing loads of rows in the home and making me feel really down. any help would be great. Thanks Caroline xx ps also Sabre is still going mad to go out :'(
Caroline xx

Link to CatChat