Author Topic: HOMED:BUT PLS READ LAST POST...URGENT Homes need for farm cats  (Read 3528 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: HOMED:BUT PLS READ LAST POST...URGENT Homes need for farm cats
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 20:38:04 PM »
Fab news  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 12:01:53 PM »
Oh what fab news!  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 20:11:52 PM »
So pleased that they have got homes and I am sure everyone will appreciate your message  ;D

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 19:41:22 PM »
that is great news Hellen :wow: . Best of luck for this weekend's visit to the farm.

Offline Hellen

• Kitten
Re: HOMED, BUT PLEASE READ LAST POST. URGENT Homes need for farm cats
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 18:15:14 PM »
Hi,

All these kitty's look like their new homes are all sorted now (just on finalising things now).

I just wanted to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU, to every one who sent well-wishes, cross-posted or were kind enough to offer these kittys a home. 

I did not receive one offer from anyone who was actually looking for a cat anyway; everyone who called/emailed did so to out of compassion for these cats! For that I cannot thank you enough!

And finally I hope I did not offend anyone I turned down, I just had to choose the setting that suited these cats the best.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 18:18:08 PM by Hellen »

Offline Hellen

• Kitten
Hi everyone thanks for the kind words.

I'm afraid at the moment i dont have any pic's; my friend is unable to get to her possesions at the moment; the cats are currently being fed by a neighbour but we are planning to to sneak up at the weekend (when he is away) and possibly remove Sunny and Suki while we have the chance so we could take some pics then and have them posted by sunday night.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
HI Hellen  :welcome:

Hopefully the post will help to rehome the cats.  Do you have any pictures hun? Just holla if ya need help posting them up.  :)

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
so sorry to hear of your friends situation... it must be so hard for everyone involved.

Fingers crossed you manage to find something for these babies soon. :hug:
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Good Luck with finding homes for these cats....what an awful situation for all involved!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Hellen

• Kitten
Thanks for the kind advice.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Hi Hellen, what a terrible situation. We don't advise you to post your number on an open forum like this. Members can send you a private message (like an email) so please edit out your number (we have lots of unregistered visitors and not all of them are nice).

To edit, go into your post and click on the notepad icon. That will take you into the post again. I have notified a moderator who will delete it for you if you have problems.

In the mean time, best luck to you and your friend's kitties. Afraid there is no room at the inn here, or I would love to help.

Offline Hellen

• Kitten
HOMED:BUT PLS READ LAST POST...URGENT Homes need for farm cats
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 20:58:14 PM »
Hi, due to my friends divorce (and the timescale she has to clear her farm), it is with great upset that we are having to look for homes for her farm cats, hopefully homing them directly from the farm and bypassing them going back into a shelter. Here is the details of the cats there is two pairs that need to be homed as pairs and 1 girl who will be happy to go by herself.

2 Black neutered male cats Fred and George, under 4yo, very loving (to the point one will happily ride on your shoulders while you do your work) and very close to each other who, were dumped on the farm as kittens; so this is the only home they have known. I think they would relish been in a home environment but are not yet litter trained.

2 1.5year old cats both neutered, a White male and a tortuous/white female, also used to living on a farm but did originally come from a house, they are litter-trained. Sonny and Suki have had very bad past experiences, they were bought to the refuge I volunteer at by the council for neglect and query abuse. They were so very very timid but, they have shown improvement even in a farm situation where human contact is minimal; with the right longterm handling they may come round.

A female neutered white Persian cross, under 4 years old. Again a rescue cat taken in by a different shelter, has clearly been abused, passed from home to home (apparently due to not being able to litter train her) before my friend kindly took her in.

My friend has, IMO, done a fantastic thing taking these cats in, providing them with a secure caring and knowledgeable home; know finding her self in the unforeseen situation where she is completely unable to take them with her (she has two Alsatians and has had to move off the farm).

Can anybody help??????????

Thanks, Hellen 

I am based in Newcastle but can travel anywhere in the country to get these cats to a secure home.

Also if anyone would be kind enough to post a copy of this on other forums they use this would be really appreciated.

Editted to amend title
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 18:50:04 PM by Hellen »

Link to CatChat