Author Topic: Ok...first little incident-advice please!  (Read 1587 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Ok...first little incident-advice please!
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 23:02:17 PM »
So fussy but you sorted it out and well done  :hug:

Offline pandora

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 16:14:16 PM »
i had all that with my first two when I got them.  They were 'given up' because they kept soiling the house in various places, which worried me a bit when I took them, being quite pedantic with cleaning. They did start to do this here too but I then investigated everything.  The boy turned out to be sensitive with cystitis and the female is just a bit scittish and needed a hooded tray which made her as happy as anything.  She still occasionally wees (I know it's only her) but it is far and few between.  She wanted the Catsan litter and Tortie New Madam wanted the wooden pellet type.  They boys only want earth.  Complicated matter.

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 15:46:55 PM »
Update...No more little accidents!

All the litter trays are used. We think Keli's guarding the downstairs litter tray was the problem. It's a hooded affair which is too small for the boys (am ordering a HUGE hooded pan for them  :wow:) and she only uses this one, the boys are told in no ucertain terms her opinion on thier using it! 
The boys seem to appreciate the giant standard pans I bought them, I used the 'can they do a full 360 turn in it?, if not its too small' rule!

Still taking the cats to the vet for a check up anyway especially as Zeratul seems to have developed an slight eye problem. They're all registered now, just got the fun of getting them back in the carriers..........thank gods for feliway!  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 21:48:05 PM »
I have a tray in the bathroom upstairs and was amazed............probably shouldnt have been .......that its the only place Ducha will go. Its close to the bedroom where he camps  :rofl:

Yes more trays around the house until they settle and a pattern emerges which trays they prefer.

Although all 4 of mine go outside and only the bathroom tray is used most of time I also have two other trays just waiting for someone with an emergency  ;D One of these was used regularily in the winter.

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 17:54:43 PM »
Have been out to get the litter trays today, they seem to be fine with a standard fullers type litter.
Will be going to the vets tommorrow to register the cats and book an appointment, like you guys say they need a health check, especially as they're all 8-9 years old.
Better go and set up the trays then...... ;)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 14:59:15 PM »
I would agree that a vet check is essential.  it is always recommended 1 tray per cat plus 1 extra, and experiment with different types of litter and perhaps hooded and open trays.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 12:04:53 PM »
I would definately agree...put the litter trays where ever needed until they are all established.....dont forget not to use any bleach products when cleaning up the wee!  ;)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 11:15:30 AM »
i would book all 3 at the vets as soon as you can to be registered and for an initial once over, as it sounds like their owner hadn't checked if the spraying was health related or not. Other than that, the new trays (different rooms) and types of litter could help
Please spay your cat

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 01:56:03 AM »
Have just read the health pages.....will be going out to buy 3 more litter trays and different types of litter!
Think it might be stress...i'd be stressed if my old mummy and daddy had dumped me on a strange lady!  ;)

Anyway, any more advice would be appreciated.

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
Ok...first little incident-advice please!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 01:42:27 AM »
One of the boys has just relieved himself on the office carpet!
It wasn't spraying behaviour, but him going for a wee. We lifted the blanket he christened and gently put him on the litter tray to remind him where it is. He's not showing signs of distress, but will have him and the rest down the vets ASAP for a health check.
Do you think putting a litter tray upstairs for a while will help?
The girl kitty knows how to use a litter tray (clever girl!) so assuming (?) that the boys do too, though couldn't get him to put his paws on the litter  :evillaugh:
Any suggestions? (the feliway will hopefully turn up soon  :Crazy:)

Link to CatChat