Author Topic: A Difficult Post  (Read 19934 times)

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
Re: A Difficult Post
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2008, 09:00:47 AM »
Aww Linda sorry you've been upset, I didn't know you were a breeder (but then there is no reason for me to) but you sound like a decent person who loves her cats to bits and thats the important thing  :hug:

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2008, 09:00:34 AM »
OMG Linda I am shocked and so sorry that someone has been horrid to you. This person is petty and not worth anything.

The main fact is - is that you are a TRUE cat lover.
And offer good advise to all who ask and need it.

So please dont leave us.
All cats need a loving home - whether pedigree or DSH - and if you didnt have your babes - someone else would and could abuse & use them. Where with you, they are loved dearly and a well respected family member. So  :P to whoever started this.

AND WHERE'S MY PHOTO OF LENNY LOVE????? I need a Lenny piccy  :Luv: :Luv:

I am proud of your Bengalies and I would dearly love one of Nova's little un's & Lenny  :sneaky: xxxxx
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 09:02:52 AM by Gail Bengal Slave »

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2008, 08:45:24 AM »
Linda I am so sorry this has happened -  I've got my own bengal so obviously am glad good breeders exist

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2008, 08:38:23 AM »
Linda. I can only echo what people have already said really. Whoever is victimising you is being childish. I had assumed you were a bengal breeder too from your name, but at least from my point of view, you are the kind of breeder I am glad exists. You care about your cats a great deal and I hope you will continue to post photos news of your little ones on here!

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2008, 08:34:22 AM »
Didn't know you did breeding, I'd at least hoped for clones of some of the lovely bengals you've got ;)

Sorry you've been singled out and felt the need to post. Most of us know you support the rescue side of things.

So  :hug: to you and your kitties and we will await a drooling session once you post more pictures!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2008, 03:03:12 AM »
Linda, so sorry you've been upset by all this  :hug:  I only found out recently Linda was breeding, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't shocked, but I can understand her reasoning why she didn't want to say anything on a rescue forum.  I have a lot of respect for you Linda and I know you respect my views on breeding but you are also one of my favourite people on Purrs and I don't feel any less for you than I did before.   You have a great knowledge when it comes to cats and it would be a great loss to Purrs if you didn't share it, and how would we cope without seeing piccies of your totally scrummy babes  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2008, 00:19:34 AM »
Can only repeat what's been said below ... you clearly love your pusscats and if they're happy, healthy and loved, what exactly is the issue with you being a breeder?  I feel like I've missed something because I'm not aware of any gossip but please don't let it get to you  :hug: :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2008, 23:54:27 PM »
Hi Linda,

A lot of us have different views on breeding but I know you are one of the good guys  :hug:

As others have said, we are all here for the same reasons and we all love cats - it's a shame there have to be a few saddos that spoil it for others  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2008, 23:39:51 PM »
Hi Linda, I'm sorry you have felt singled out by some very childish people. It is very clear you are a responsible breeder and a loving cat owner and I can't believe that someone on here has taken it so far that they 'gossip' behind your back. I just want you to know that this cat forum is for cat lovers and you, like the rest of us, fall into that category. I didn't know you were a breeder, but quite frankly it does not affect me - we are all here for the same reasons.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2008, 23:27:13 PM »
Linda its awful that you should feel unwelcome here,your a cat lover and you should always be made welcome.  The fact that your a breeder shouldn't be an issue,we are all cat lovers and thats what brings us here. 

Just wanted to show you my support and please keep giving us a fix of all the cats at Bengly Palace,I miss them :Luv:

:hug: to you :hug:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2008, 23:26:16 PM »
Hi Linda, I'm so sorry that someone saw fit to be childish and nasty. People like that should be roundly ignored. Your bengals look lovely and you're doing a wonderful job with them. I just can't understand why some people have to be nasty over the internet.  Ditto distinguish between pedigree cats and non pedigree cats - for heaven's sake they are all gorgeous 4 pawed subjects of our devotion and loyal slavery.
I hope that with the support of everyone else you feel a bit less upset.  :hug:
ps more photos please....

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2008, 23:22:31 PM »
Thank you so much for your lovely posts.  I am very very touched by all your kind words and proud to be part of such a wonderful forum. 

Ive not been around much for a while now and have missed you all.  I will be sure to post a regular fix of the benglies moving forwards.

I cant put into words how overwhelmed Im feeling by the support you have shown.  It means a lot xxx

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2008, 23:06:22 PM »
Linda, I haven't read everyone elses posts, but I'm really sorry you're being victimised. There's really no need for nastiness. I wasn't aware you bred pedigrees. But to be honest, am not surprised - your benglies give you so much pleasure I guess you'd want others to experience it too.  :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2008, 23:04:33 PM »
I'm so sorry that you've had to post this, Linda  :hug: Nobody who has known you through Purrs could doubt for a moment that you love and care for all cats, pedigree, moggy, resuce... whatever.  Regardless of individual opinions, there's no excuse for nastiness.  You are certainly one of the good guys and your benglies are all gorgeous  :Luv:  I know I'm not the only one who loves hearing about them and drooling over their pics. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 23:05:17 PM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 22:59:56 PM »
Your words say it all  Helen.

Have to admit I do the same. It's a permie bookmark in my Opera browser. Bengly deprivation is what this is .

;) :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 22:54:48 PM »
I also find it really sad that you should be upset by this person, remember though that it is only one person.  I think it's plainly obvious by the support you have received so far and no doubt will continue to receive that you are very highly thought of on Purrs and beyond :hug:

I have really missed your photos posts on here and have resorted to stalking your website to get my bengal fix! 

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 22:51:12 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear about what you've been going through.
Sending hugs from one Linda to another. :hug: :hug:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 22:35:19 PM »
Linds hun

Whether you breed or not, whether people argee with it or not, your life is your own and noone should be upsetting you or made to feel you needed to post about it. This will not be accepted on Purrs on the public forum or in private messages. You are a wonderful loving person and care for your Bengalies and all cats so very much hun, we all know that.  :hug: :Luv:
I am proud to know you  :Luv:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 22:28:06 PM »
I wasnt aware you bred bengals Linda, but that doesnt exclude you from this site anyway - after all, many of us on here also own pedigree cats as Gill has said. I'm sorry that someone has chosen to make an 'issue' of this and upset you and I hope it won't put you off posting on here.  :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 22:24:23 PM »
Hi ya Hun,

You know my views and opinions  on the subject.  You also know I regard you as a friend and if Foxy had her way you'd be her Mother in Law  ;)

Take care, keep smiling and remember you have alot more friends on here than you realise  :Luv2:

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 22:16:23 PM »
 :hug: :hug: for Linda

However you are that's upset Linda, for pity's sake channel your energies into something a tad more useful to cat welfare than picking on individuals  >:(

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 22:15:02 PM »
Lindy  :hug: we know how much you love and care for your furbabes and TBH I'm furious that someone has done things behind your back and upset you  :hug:

What you do is your business and you shouldn't have to explain yourself to anyone  :hug:

There should be no place for snide comments on here, IMHO.  Rational argument, yes: spitefulness, no  :hug:

I agree whole heartily

I love seeing and hearing about Bengly Palace and hope to continue to do so  :hug:

I think T has a point ................ jealousy is an evil weapon.

Take care honey and love to you and all your gorgeous furbabes xxx  :cuddle:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 21:59:16 PM »
Linda, I think you already know how much I admire all your benglys and as I said to you long ago I have no problems with responsible breeders like yourself.

I just hope the nasty person also realises that Linda is very supportive of moggie rescues aswell as giving a wealth of much needed advice when I rescued 2 bengals last year.

Linda keep smiling, its my guess that someone is very jealous of you. :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 21:58:49 PM »
Sometimes I don't understand people ... animals are so much easier.

Here, here!  ;)

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 21:54:29 PM »
I'm so sorry that you've been subject to such negativity. I don't know what they would be trying to achieve by doing that, it's awful and very uncalled for.

It's quite obvious that I'm not against breeding (as I will stick up for it) and its quite obvious I'm not against rescue (my own is rescue) .. you can have the 2 together. Don't let them get to you. It's certainly cruel if they don't know the facts and resort to being mean behind your back. It's not like you've bragged about it.

Sometimes I don't understand people ... animals are so much easier.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 21:49:56 PM »
Linda what you do is what you do hun and no ones business but your own..... ;)

I do hope you have reported who ever.... :shify: :shify: :shify: I hate the thought of nastiness it really upsets me!  >:(

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 21:47:03 PM »
Linda this really upsets me that you have been the subject of any nastyness and most of us anyway, love your Bengals and love to see them.

We know that you are not the only pedigree breeder here and as you know many of us have pedigrees and love them to bits.

I hope that you will continue to show us the benglies and how they progress  :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 21:45:18 PM »
For what it is worth, Linda, I had always assumed from your user name that you bred Bengals.  If folks disagree, that is fine in itself, but why make nasty comments behind anyones back?  :Crazy:

There should be no place for snide comments on here, IMHO.  Rational argument, yes: spitefulness, no  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 21:44:09 PM »
Linda, I am not aware of the comments, but can imagine how painful they must have been for you. There is no reason to feel you need to defend your position as other forums are frank about their breeding practices and apart from the odd healty debate I am not aware of any real ill-feeling among forum members (well, ok, maybe a few). But as I am more than confident you are responsible about your choices, I can not see how any reasonable person can object.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 21:40:45 PM »
Linda I'm really sorry that it's come to point that you felt you needed to make this post. I know this has upset you.  For what its worth, you have a good many friends on this forum. I agree this is not an issue for debate about breeding, but hopefully one that  shows supprt and respect for your choice, which includes the reasons you have not posted about this before. 

:hug:

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 21:39:03 PM »
Good evening Linda,

Sorry to hear about this, there is no need for nastiness and I feel very sorry that you have been hurt and upset.  I did not know that you were a small breeder of Bengals but it would not have bothered me anyway, I love them.  As I have said before if it were not for breeding there would be no Manx cats. I imagine there would be no Bengals either.  If you want to carry on breeding then that is your choice and it is nobody else's business.

Take care,

:hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
A Difficult Post
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 21:30:25 PM »
Sorry to have to post this but I feel I have no choice.

As you all know my great love in life is my bengals.  What some of you don't know (at least up until lately) is that I am a small breeder.   Unfortunately someone i considered a nice person and who knew I bred my cats has recently taken it upon themselves to not only inform others on the forum about 'what' I am but to make nasty comments behind my back.  I find the whole thing very upsetting.

I have no problem with people knowing I breed nor the fact that not all of you on here will agree or support what I do.  I have had 2 main reasons for not openly posting on here about breeding (1) its principally a rescue site for poor homeless babies and (2) I didnt want to get into a major debate on the subject or upset anyone.  I believe in 'live and let live' and have the greatest respect for many opinions even if they are not my own.  For what its worth I dont believe the fact that I am a breeder excludes me from caring about cats in their entirety regardless of background and indeed up until i got my bengals I had never owned a pedigree cat in my life.  All came from rescues.

The purpose of my post is to make sure its out in the open and stop the nastiness that going on behind the scenes.  Please dont use this as an opportunity to get into a debate on breeding, Im more than aware where most people stand on the topic.  I have however met a good number of people on here i care for and respect and thats why I continue to post on this forum.  I hope I can continue to do so after posting this.

Im sorry if ive upset anyone by making this post, I truly dont mean too.  I just want the nastiness to stop.

Link to CatChat