Author Topic: Concern for Cringle  (Read 17404 times)

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Concern for Cringle
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2007, 18:43:12 PM »
Oh poor, poor little boy.  I am praying so hard that he will come through this...

Teresa do you think he could be going into shock?  I've heard that wrapping up in tinfoil helps to keep the temperature really warm and stabilised if you think he might be.....or perhaps you've got something thermal that you can use.  I would try to keep him very warm and quiet.

Am sending all good wishes to the little love and trying to muster the most positive cyber vibes for his recovery.

Lots of love to you both

Roz :catluv:
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2007, 18:29:04 PM »
oh dear poor boy..are there any other signs of trama to his nails etc..of course this might have happened years if not months ago but just became problematic now !!

I do hope they get him more stabalised and can operate, i might have been inclined to have him in an oxygen tent for abit but then i guess the less stress would be best..still suprised they didnt suggest keeping him in tho to prevent you have to make him travel tomorrow..poor mite he really is ill.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2007, 18:17:42 PM »
Oh dear, I just seen this thread and am so sorry that Cringle is so ill. He is one big hunky man and I do hope that the vets can help him.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2007, 18:16:55 PM »
Teresa, just wanted to send every good wish Cringle's way.  Poor little soul, I hope he makes it through.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2007, 18:14:16 PM »
Just back from vets, Cringle is one very poorly boy,the vet hes seen today also thinks ruptured diaphragm (though there are a couple of other possibilities ), she gave him a couple of injections and just as we were leaving his breathing went terrible so she took him back in and gave him a third injection. She said if he gets any worse back again tonight though she says she would prefer not to give him a G.A.  before morning. His temperature is normal though he feels cold.

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 17:07:00 PM »
Oh no, I have only just seen this thread but was also wondering about poor Cringle.

Please God let this little guy pull through.

Everything crossed for him Teresa...will be watching for your posts. I hope it's something treatable.

Lots of love

Roz   
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 16:57:01 PM »
Aww, I do hope that they can figure out what is wrong with him and get him better, we dont want sad news this early in the year!!
Please spay your cat

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 16:51:57 PM »
jeezo..does sound pretty serious but could be such a large list of things,

how long have you had him again to him getting ill ??

he's quite well built so doesnt look like he's had a chronic illness.

sounds like he's anaemic so possibly losing blood somewhere or not making enough rbcs ??

where did the vet reckon there was fluid ?? his chest or abdomen...?? i am presuming his chest

i could just stab in the dark really at this stage and suggest any of the infective diseases, trauma, tumour, heart failure, might have though warfarin but think youve had him too long for that...often with a diaphragmatic hernia it can be worse after they hve eaten..obvious as the stomach/gi tract full so more FB in the thorax

I'd say if he is getting worse then he might need to go in tonight but i know i dont need to tell you that

sorry really wished i could have helped more on this one .

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 16:21:05 PM »
I hope cringle is ok and the vets can help
love
Tab

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 16:18:07 PM »
So do I...
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 16:15:30 PM »
Oh No, poor Cringle. Really hope he's going to be OK...

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 16:11:30 PM »
Poor boy is going downhill again am probably going to call vet out as his body temp seems down and he is pale around gums and nose.

Lynne any ideas?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 13:58:32 PM »
Poor Cringle, I am keeping everything crossed that it's nothing too serious and he will be fixed and packed off to a new forever home very soon.  Please do keep us updated on how he is doing.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 13:53:47 PM »
Oh Teresa, poor Cringle. Still, as Desley says, at least he has made his way to the right place. My fingers are tightly crossed for him too.

xC
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 11:44:29 AM »
Aww, fingers crossed for him, and that it is nothing too serious. The poor babe, but at least he is in good hands.
Please spay your cat

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 11:19:04 AM »
poor cringle..i do hope its none of the options your vet suggested...from a personal point of view i loved diaphagm ops but they not often great for the poor puss's..

fingers crossed it doesnt turn out to be so serious.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 11:13:36 AM »
Hi Christine
Poor Cringle became unwell very suddenly late on Friday night, his breathing became very laboured, the vet has given him anti inflammatory and antibiotic injections and another to remove fluid. He is booked in for xrays  etc. on Monday morning, Vet says it is possible that he was hit on road when stray and that his diaphagm has ruptured ,or alternately he could have a tumour. If any sign of deterioration he must be rushed back in. This morning he is still poorly but breathing a little better and has eaten a little.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Concern for Cringle
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 10:58:13 AM »
I hope I'm not duplicating anything, but I don't think I am - Teresa, you mentioned on Jayne's thread that Cringle was poorly. I'm sorry to hear that: what ails him?

xC

Link to CatChat