Author Topic: Cruel Kosher slaughter  (Read 4641 times)

Offline Sandra

• Kitten
Re: Cruel Kosher slaughter
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 23:09:31 PM »
Don't get me started on inhumane animal slaughter! It makes my blood boil that animals get treated this way all in the name of religion!
I have kept and maintained my small herd of goats for over twenty years. I don't sell unwanted male kids as 'pets' because if they don't end up living a life of misery at the end of a chain, they end up going for Halal. I either raise them for meat here or keep them for stud purposes.
my old girls live out their lives until the quality of life fails. They are then put down by injection (the same as a cat or dog) and they quietly slip away in my arms.
There is just too much cruelty out there for my liking and its sickening to think that every second of every day some poor creature is suffering one way or another.
Growing old is obligatory but growing up is optional!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 15:04:56 PM »
I just saw another video that was part of a feature legth documentary called "Earthlings" narrated by Joachim Phooenix. Again, in a kosher abbatoir, terrible evil treatment of animals - I really am so ashamed of being having Jewish blood.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

ccmacey

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 23:27:04 PM »
I dont really get religion, if there is said to only be one God, how come so many religions worshiping different "Gods"?

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Cruel Kosher slaughter
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 10:54:06 AM »
I am ashamed to have Jewish blood - I have just seen the PETA videos of how deer are killed at kosher slaughter houses in America. It's not the first I have seen and it is sickening.  Religion is ridiculous if it means animals are slaughtered so cruelly  >:(

They cut the young deers throat, then shut their head in the door so they couldn't move, then made them walk a few steps with their last strength before collapsing. Shameful - hope can these people sleep at night, and they do it in the name of religion  >:(

Why are these people scum allowed to get round animal welfare laws ?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 15:14:01 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat