Author Topic: Pro declawing website - really makes me angry  (Read 2369 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Pro declawing website - really makes me angry
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2008, 19:53:51 PM »
I have to say that I think if declawing was legal over here, it would be quite popular. Not every American is into declawing, and there are lots that spend their time trying to educate people about it - if I lived there, I would probably be in prison due to being outside vets trying to educate people. The other problem over there is that a lot of landlords have it in their contract that the only pets you are allowed are declawed - I dont know what I would do if my options were declaw, rehome my cat, or lie and pray the landlord never found out (as if htey did, I could be evicted). I have no issues with Soft Paws, it is a better alternative to declawing, and there are sometimes valid reasons for their use.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 14:00:20 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 12:06:45 PM »
Exactly, whatever they say about the british, generally we are more in tune with animals needs than our own. I suppose they are more of an accessory if they aren't allowed to behave naturally. Also it shows a lack of empathy and a lot of selfishness to the point of being sociopathic.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Harna

• Senior Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 20:43:59 PM »
They say that the equivalent to declawing for a human would be to remove the tips of our fingers down to the first knuckle.   >:(

How anyone could think that this is okay to do is beyond me.  :censored:

I suppose that for some people, their sofa is more important than their cat.  :censored:

The other thing I hear that is popular in the States are little coloured plastic caps that go over cats claws. I suppose it's kinder than declawing but still takes away the reason that cats have claws, surely? Again, I think it's all about being 'cute' - putting pink plastic caps over the claws is like a little kitty manicure. Grr.  >:(

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 19:21:00 PM »
How naive is that person!!

I have a lot of American friends but their views on pet ownership really floor me. It's a disgrace ... I honestly don't get why people have such a problem with cats and their claws. I must have such an abnormal cat who doesn't hurt people and who uses his scratching post to scratch  :-:

That person only thinks its ok because they've had it done so they are justifying their needs. If so many people feel the need to save their furniture or have to declaw because of rules ... don't get a cat. It's soooooooo selfish and wrong  >:(

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 18:19:31 PM »
I see it says the dogs getting their vocal cords cut are in China. Given the other things that happen there, it doesn't surprise me in the least. It has to be the most barbaric, heartless country in the world. Why the rest of the world has anything to do with them is beyond me but it's all about money  >:(

OH suggested going there on holiday but I would rather chop an arm off.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 18:09:45 PM »
Not read the link - no need, I have very firm beliefs on this matter. If you can't deal with a cats natural behaviour or figure out a way you can all live in harmony, don't have a cat.

I do believe they allow the cutting of vocal chords in the US too..... >:( ........because obviously, ALL animals were put on this planet solely to look cute for humans!

http://media.www.westerncourier.com/media/storage/paper650/news/2006/02/03/Opinion/Putting.Pets.On.Mute-1598919.shtml

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 11:39:31 AM »
Dont understand why they want a cat if they are not prepared to cater for its natural need to scratch.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 11:10:03 AM »
I've only glanced at the link but from what I've read, a load of  :censored: and I hope someone decides to show them exactly what it feels like  :censored:

I'm not a violent person but I would like to see the person that runs the site just have one of their fingers "declawed" - preferably a toe, so they can see how easy and painless it is to walk afterwards  >:(

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 11:05:30 AM »
"some times is just convenience, living in a small apartment and space can't be wasted on a big scratching post that might or might not work at keeping your kitty away from the furniture."  >:(

Oh how terribly incovnient to have to have a scratching post!  I have 7 in my one bed flat  ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 10:50:43 AM »
I've only glanced at the link but from what I've read, a load of  :censored: and I hope someone decides to show them exactly what it feels like  :censored:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 10:28:29 AM »
What sad and idiotic Morons !!!!!!!!
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Pro declawing website - really makes me angry
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 08:30:26 AM »
How can they justify it  >:(
http://www.geocities.com/declawing/

They are basically saying they will ignore any emails that don't agree with declawing  >:(

One of the stupid comments on there
"some times is just convenience, living in a small apartment and space can't be wasted on a big scratching post that might or might not work at keeping your kitty away from the furniture."  >:(

They also say declawing could save your cat's life.
ie - You won't have it PTS or sent to a pound for scratching your sofa  >:(
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 08:31:34 AM by Mark »

Link to CatChat