Author Topic: my little 'nothing'  (Read 2296 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: my little 'nothing'
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 21:37:59 PM »
I'm sure Nichevo has made some wonderful friends by now.  :hug:

With regards to moving; it doesn't matter where you go. Your babies will always be with you in your heart.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 22:59:55 PM »
I am sure that Nichevo had a great birthday up there on the Bridge and I bet Kocka had a feast at the party  ;D

Offline madpants

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Merlin the big fat black cat
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 19:36:15 PM »
Lets hope Nichevo is looking after my Willow, who's not been up there long...........................................
I'm sure she's keeping an eye on Willow for me
xxx
Love thy neighbour............. especially if they have cake!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 18:28:59 PM »
 :(  Happy Birthday Nichevo.

RIP little one.  Gone but never forgotten xxx.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 18:20:29 PM »
Happy birthday for yesterday Nichevo.  Hope you had a brill party at Rainbow Bridge with all your friends

Dark Moon

my little 'nothing'
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 14:21:47 PM »
Her name was Nichevo. Russian for 'nothing'. She was anything but.

Her birthday was yesterday. She's been gone now for 17 years. Her little body is out there in the rose garden, with my beloved Ariadne and sweet Emma. It's one of the reasons I can't move from this place - so many, many of my babies lie here.........

She was my 4th cat (in the 'series'. I have adopted cats all my life. Nightie (an incredibly gorgeous black girl). Snowball - yes, you got it... a gorgeous white girl. Bimbi - black and white.... Always girls. And always PREGNANT. Odd, especially since the vast majority of those who have wandered into my life during adulthood have been boys....)  It seems - and was - so long ago. The cause of a major dust-up with my Father. A wee Siamese girl. Went to see the kittens knowing I wanted a blue-point male. Came home with her - a Seal-point female...........  What can I say?  I guess watching her toss her litter mates off the bed told me something of her personality.

She was the first of 'my' Siamese. I grew up with Blue Boy - my Mum's. She got him 6 months after I was born. He left, as did I, 16 years later (me to go to Montreal and University. Him to start his walk over that bridge).

I used to mark the birthdays of all my kids (well, what I called their 'born again' days since almost all have come as strays or from shelters and so I don't know when their real birthdays were!). And the days they died. I don't any longer. But there are some days that just pop into my head unbidden. Yesterday was one.

She was a sweet girl. And I miss her.

And Muff. And Duty. And Hannibal. And Ariadne. And, and, and...............

Link to CatChat