Author Topic: Teddy & Minky  (Read 48029 times)

Offline Niki

• Adult Cat
Re: Teddy & Minky
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2006, 23:28:36 PM »
OK, Niki - new tactic for you if you've got time: ring round a few catteries, explain about Teddy and Minky, try and get some quotes for the maximum amount of time they'd need to stay (eg once you've spoken to Sheffield and seen how long they think it may be), provisionally book them in somewhere for the day you think they will get 'evicted' from where they're currently living, then pop on here and let us know where they may go and if the worst comes to the worst we'll try and sort out a bit of an account with the cattery.

You're a star for trying so hard to help these cats.

Thanks very much for your help.  I'm no star - i just love animals - it's people like yourself & everyone on these forums, complete strangers to me who open their hearts & help as much as they can who are the stars - i am indebted to you all.  :)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2006, 22:49:14 PM »
I live in Sheffield and would be willing to offer any help I can. I already have 1 indoor cat and am not going anywhere over Xmas.

Thank you for the offer
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2006, 22:47:17 PM »
Out of the 40 i rang i only managed to get them on 1 waiting list at Sheffield Cat Shelter, everyone else i rang was either full or closing or only took feral cats

That is a disgrace, even if you are full you should never close your list of cats waiting to come in, otherwise it gives folks no hope.

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2006, 22:38:32 PM »
OK, Niki - new tactic for you if you've got time: ring round a few catteries, explain about Teddy and Minky, try and get some quotes for the maximum amount of time they'd need to stay (eg once you've spoken to Sheffield and seen how long they think it may be), provisionally book them in somewhere for the day you think they will get 'evicted' from where they're currently living, then pop on here and let us know where they may go and if the worst comes to the worst we'll try and sort out a bit of an account with the cattery.

You're a star for trying so hard to help these cats.
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline Nick (Peanut & Boo)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2006, 22:19:40 PM »

Just seen Bertie's post.
Hi Bertie welcome to the mad house.!

If you would be able to take them until Jan 4th        I'll pay for all their food 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 22:56:51 PM by Nick (Peanut & Boo) »

Offline Niki

• Adult Cat
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2006, 22:14:12 PM »
This is ludicrous.

Niki what shelters are they on the waiting lists for and do you know how far down the waiting lists they are please?

Can you find the nearest decent but cheap cattery, please, too and find out if they give a discount for longer-stay visitors.

The family won't pay for cattery fees, they don't pay for their upkeep, my brother does & when he told them they'd been to the vets (he paid again) the reply he got was "oh right, r they ok?"? oh & the classic "we're doing everything we can"? i will not repeat my answer to that one, my brother's keeping them sweet until we can get them homed & then he's going to let rip & god help them!

Right, Niki - I'm not asking if the family will pay, I am asking if you with your interest in these guys have found these things out because one of the potential ways we could help would be to get a collection out to pay the boarding fees for the moggies while they wait for a place in a rescue to come up - although it sounds a lot like Ela may have sorted things, it'd be good to have an Option B. How are they doing on the Sheffield waiting list - I suggest you ring and ask?

Hi,
No i haven't rang any catteries, i've never had to re-home an animal so am a bit out of my depth in what can/should be done.  I spoke to Sheffield 2 weeks ago, they said they were still on the waiting list but adoptions had been few but as soon as there was an available space it was Teddy & Minkys.
I'll try them tomorrow & inform them of the change in circumstance, i haven't had the time today.

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2006, 22:10:21 PM »
This is ludicrous.

Niki what shelters are they on the waiting lists for and do you know how far down the waiting lists they are please?

Can you find the nearest decent but cheap cattery, please, too and find out if they give a discount for longer-stay visitors.

The family won't pay for cattery fees, they don't pay for their upkeep, my brother does & when he told them they'd been to the vets (he paid again) the reply he got was "oh right, r they ok?"  oh & the classic "we're doing everything we can"  i will not repeat my answer to that one, my brother's keeping them sweet until we can get them homed & then he's going to let rip & god help them!

Right, Niki - I'm not asking if the family will pay, I am asking if you with your interest in these guys have found these things out because one of the potential ways we could help would be to get a collection out to pay the boarding fees for the moggies while they wait for a place in a rescue to come up - although it sounds a lot like Ela may have sorted things, it'd be good to have an Option B. How are they doing on the Sheffield waiting list - I suggest you ring and ask?

Offline Nick (Peanut & Boo)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2006, 22:03:54 PM »
could someone give me an update on how the guy is that hurt his back please ?

I posted  offering to help but my post seems to have disapeared .

is this the thread ?I'm losing it . Is there a way you can find all the posts you have made grrrrrrr
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 22:06:30 PM by Nick (Peanut & Boo) »

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2006, 21:56:57 PM »
I am glad things are looking up - I am not that far from Leeds, it is only an hour on the train, no idea about in a car, so might be able to help if somewhere is needed short term.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2006, 21:29:00 PM »
Woo Hoo sounds like things are moving along for Teddy and Minky .... well done guys.  CatChatters to the resuce AGAIN! (sorry I still think of us a CatChatters .... it's easier to say than Purrers!   ;D)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Niki

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2006, 21:06:02 PM »
Thanks to everyone regarding these 2, transport won't be a problem as my brother is willing to take them wherever a home is found for them, even if it means taking them on a train to London, he feels responsible for them as he's the one doing for them, with a bit of help from me on the forums, but he's now their main carer as he lives closer than me. :)

Offline Niki

• Adult Cat
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2006, 21:03:46 PM »
This is ludicrous.

These guys are NOT getting PTS. Not on my watch. :(

The family won't pay for cattery fees, they don't pay for their upkeep, my brother does & when he told them they'd been to the vets (he paid again) the reply he got was "oh right, r they ok?"  oh & the classic "we're doing everything we can"  i will not repeat my answer to that one, my brother's keeping them sweet until we can get them homed & then he's going to let rip & god help them!

Offline Niki

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2006, 21:00:57 PM »
This is ludicrous.

Out of the 40 i rang i only managed to get them on 1 waiting list at Sheffield Cat Shelter, everyone else i rang was either full or closing or only took feral cats

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2006, 17:20:11 PM »
There you go then I only live in Chesterfield, so if you find nowhere for them please ring me on Jan 4th, if you cannot get me that day please be patient as we will be in and out all day, getting Badger from kennels, shopping etc. and if you can bring them to me problem solved.  I promise I personally will take them in. My number is on my site www,chesterfieldcats.co.uk. Also by seeing the site it will help satisfy you what we are all about. If you are to bring them to me I would like someone to write as much about the little ones as poss please, fav food, kiles, dislikes, when they last had flea/worm treatments. If they are inkected I will need the cards. I assume they have been neutered/spayed.

Anyway I will leave it with you now and if you need me I will be here on the 4th Jan.
Hopefully they will find a new home before then.

Offline bertie

• Kitten
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2006, 17:09:29 PM »
I live in Sheffield and would be willing to offer any help I can. I already have 1 indoor cat and am not going anywhere over Xmas.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2006, 16:27:44 PM »
It would be daft for you to come from down south. Perhaps the owners or a family member would keep them till 4 Jan I am not too far from Leeds so perhaps they can bring them to me then. Anyway if someone wants to sort it and just let me know when I return. I cannot understand why they are only on the Sheffield list when they are in Leeds.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2006, 15:51:28 PM »
Ela, you really are an angel, I was really worried about these two.

If  Ela does take them temporarily and no transport can be arranged locally then I can drive up to collect and deliver.  I am from down south so not ideally placed to help but will if nobody closer can help.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2006, 13:07:20 PM »
Right if a home is not found while I am away if someone near can sort it and contact me on 4 Jan I will take them in.

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2006, 12:26:10 PM »
As I say if nothing can be sorted if you can deal in late Dec I promise I will take them if the transport can be arranged early Jan. Where exactly are the cats?

They are in Leeds at the mo, that's where Nikis friends house is.
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. Groucho Marx.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2006, 11:59:18 AM »
I have just looked on the Hovel and it says there that the cats are on a waiting list in Sheffield which is very close to me. Also Wizz lives not far from there so perhaps if nothing else is forthcoming I could have a word with her to see if she could help for a few days until I return.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2006, 11:54:33 AM »
if it got really desperate and ela was taking them from 4 jan AND transport could be set up in both directions i would have them in my front room for a few days waiting for ela to get back. it would not be ideal and i am in deep wales but if it would save their lives, i am willing.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2006, 09:57:06 AM »
As I say if nothing can be sorted if you can deal in late Dec I promise I will take them if the transport can be arranged early Jan. Where exactly are the cats?

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2006, 09:49:50 AM »
I do hope something can be sorted - if things get better here, I might be able to help out temporarily, or with transport. Dont want them to be pts, poor things.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 09:31:01 AM »
I cannot do anything until 4 Jan but if you really cannot find a home for Teddy & Minky if someone can care for them until then and transport can be arranged I would willingly take them. I cannot do anything until then as I am away from 19 Dec - 3 Jan.

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 00:48:36 AM »
This is ludicrous.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 00:46:08 AM »
Oh no, they cant be pts, someone must want them grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :(

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 00:31:31 AM »
The two darlings:

[attachment deleted by admin]
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. Groucho Marx.

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 00:30:16 AM »
http://www.catchat.org/discus/messages/17/58427.html?1163686974

Oh no Niki.
I feel so bad about these two, we cannot let them be PTS.
I wish I had room, being local etc, and them being housecats.

:(

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 00:15:02 AM »
sorry can you start from the beginning please....

Offline Niki

• Adult Cat
Teddy & Minky
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 00:06:59 AM »
The news is not good, tonight my brother has learned that our friends family is giving notice on his house, which is where the cats are, living on their own & being fed by my brother or myself.

We now have until the end of December to find them a home or they will be pts 

If there is anyone who can help give these 2 a home please email me on nikinakinooo@ntlworld.com

Thank you
Niki

Link to CatChat