Author Topic: "Ferals" in Madeira  (Read 1635 times)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: "Ferals" in Madeira
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 09:48:28 AM »
Yep that gorgeous little fella did my head in Sue.  The other close up (being the wire mesh) is a little misleading as he was obv a kitten and the smallest of the lot. Cute as a button. 

Our lot don't know they're born do they Sue ;)  Freddie's front paw was bleeding last night, not much but shows up against pristine white fur. Think he had a little cut between two of his toes. Obv the idea was a vet visit this am but no sign of anything this morning. I dreamt last night that vet had said "good job you brought him in as this could develop into ??????..." fill in the gap with deadly disease.   :stupid: Hoping Freddie doesn't get fed up with all these cuddles :)

At least the strays in Madeira have a warm climate all year round and UK holiday makers all year round too (don't mean to be nationalistic just noticed more intervention from us lot)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 07:58:36 AM »
Aren't they beautiful - especially that lovely lad with the appealing eyes and that gorgeous nose ........

When we were in Malta, there was a little elderly Maltese lady who used to go up to the gardens every day and put food out for the ferals there.  They would flock round her and she'd talk to them, and stroke them - she was a lovely lady.

I often say to Paddy when he turns his nose up at some "treat" I've bought for him - "There's thousands of hungry pussy cats in Yugoslavia and the like who'd be grateful to eat that...."    He just looks at me as if to say "So?  Let them eat it then, 'coz I'm not!"    >:(

ccmacey

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 00:09:55 AM »
Thats so sad to see.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 23:26:51 PM »
What lovely looking cats and so sad that they dont have proper care  :(

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 23:14:36 PM »
They are absolutly gorgeous . It so sad that they are not getting any vet. care :(

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 22:03:04 PM »
Aren't they stunners? I like the one with tabby "blotches" on mainly white fur - lovely looking cat. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 20:38:12 PM »
Rosella  honey you are home :hi:

Can't wait to hear about the holiday  ;D

What do you mean you didn't smuggle that gorgeous kitty home for me  >:( :evillaugh: He is a sweetheart and very like Freddie, I'm in love  :Luv2:  :Luv2:

The photos are brill. I agree they do look as though they are being fed on a regular basis bless them  :Luv2: Worrying about the snuffles though  :hug:

The wee B&W behind, I presume, your leg? is so like my boys  :Luv2:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
"Ferals" in Madeira
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 20:26:49 PM »
We came across one or two strays on hols (can't really call them ferals as they were so friendly and loved being fussed) . We bought some cat food and a few bowls and, after a day or so, other people started to put food and water in the bowls. I think they must be fed pretty regularly as they turned their noses up at Friskies but Whiskas got the thumbs up.

Came across a lot of cat lovers amongst holiday makers and locals seemed to like them esp a few kids that took an interest when we  were feeding them. Still very sad to see how many had colds; prob cat flu and skin problems. All very beautiful.  So a few piccies just for you lot (but not for Ellie  :evillaugh:)  ...

This little chap loved playing with this twig

Put him down Ellie!

This little fella broke my heart.  He is very like our Freddie only about 1/3rd his size. Silky long fur but far too thin.

By the by have now agreed with neighbours that, instead of buying each other presents for catsitting, we are going to donate to local cat rescue. Don't know why we haven't done that before now  :Crazy:

Link to CatChat