Author Topic: Charlie has moved out! Don't know what to do  (Read 6662 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Charlie has moved out! Don't know what to do
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 09:59:52 AM »
If Charlie really is happier there and if you are happy for your neighbour to let him stay there can you come to an agreement that you share him ... and that way if Charlie wants to stay at her house great and if he wants to come home to you great.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Charlie has moved out! Don't know what to do
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 09:10:50 AM »
Aww, I dont know what to suggest. Ginger preferred to spend most of his time in my neighbours, but he just got brought home twice a day, and he happily slept here.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Charlie has moved out! Don't know what to do
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 06:46:17 AM »
Since Friday Charlie has been treating my neighbour's house as home, returning there when he wants a sleep etc.  My neighbour has been ringing me and I have brought him home.  He made it quite obvious yesterday that he didn't want to come home and the only time he was here was when we brought him in to do his de-fleaing.  My neighbour is being quite defensive about it and I don't know what to do.  If he really is happier there then should I let him live there or should I insist he comes home and bring him here against his will?  He has more fun there I think as he has two other cats and a dog to play with and my neighbour doesn't really lay any rules down about worktops etc.  Advice welcome.  I feel hurt!

Link to CatChat