Author Topic: URGENT - Emergency Transport Needed from Northampton to Surrey  (Read 4115 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: URGENT - Emergency Transport Needed from Northampton to Surrey
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 10:53:51 AM »
Ahh that's for the update Dawn ... Butch is lovely ... however from what I know of this breed he will need a VERY special home.  They are incredibly loyal to their "family" but without the correct training the loyalty can end up going too far and they can become aggressive [guarding] their owners and with a dog of that size, strength and temperament even the slightest amount of aggression can be dangerous.

So pleased he is safe and fingers crossed he will find his forever home soon.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 03:36:31 AM »
Here's an update on this gorgeous lad  :Luv:  :Luv:  He is safe but still needs a forever home so if anyone can help, please contact Emma direct  :hug:  :hug:

THIS IS BUTCH A LOVELY AMERICAN BULL DOG.
Saved from death at the 11th hour.
Please read his special story below.
SWAP team put out an appeal for Butch recently as he was going to be put to sleep and Emma very kindly agreed to rescue him temporarily to stop him from being killed, however he now needs a more permanent place to go. This is a desperate situation now and we would appreciate your help everyone please.
We have crossed one hurdle but need to get over the next one to achieve permanent safety for this lovely dog.
Rescue centres who come forward with kind offers of help please meet the following criteria:
1- A NO DESTRUCTION POLICY
2- HOMECHECK ALL PROSPECTIVE OWNERS
3- DOG GETS RETURNED TO THE SANCTUARY IF OWNER CAN NO LONGER KEEP
Kind individuals who come forward will be homechecked.
Contact Emma - (Surrey)
Tel: 0208 4071080/0797 356 9371
Email: Adrs@aol.com
Many thanks
SWAP team

Butch was due to be put to sleep, but after a rushed and urgent transport request we managed to get him over to Surrey.

Butch's past is sketchy. I know that he has spent the first 18 months of his life in a dog crate. He is a huge dog and this was probably due to a puppy bouncy nature. During this time he was physically abused by a male and because of this he is suspicious of men. He is a complete softy with women though!

Butch was rescued by a lady who started his rehab, but even though she tried desperately to get him into a rescue she kept getting turned away because everywhere is full. An appeal went out to try and save him and just 24 hours before he was due to be put to sleep I agreed to take him just to keep him safe.

He travelled down to us from Northampton due to some kind volunteers.

Butch has to be walked onlead with a muzzle on, so he needs someone who has a large garden to exercise him in so that he has a bit of free run. The reason for his muzzle is because of his nature with other dogs and he does not like cats. He has been used to this for the last year and stands patiently and lets you put the muzzle on him with no fuss or bother.

Although Butch is suspicious of men, this only lasts until he gets to know that the person isn't going to hurt him. He gave my work colleague a very sly look when he first met him, but after two minutes of an ear rub he was playing fetch the green, muddy toy and rolling about on his back like a puppy! He is a bit stubborn, but that is typical of the breed.

Butch was castrated on 15th March and had his first vax and has been microchipped.

Butch cannot be homed with children and must go as an only dog. He needs an owner who will put everything into his retraining (which will be started now but will need to be continued) and someone who is confident with big, strong dogs.

Butch is currently in kennels. I am hoping to hand him over to a rescue who really knows what they are doing with this breed type as he needs backup. At the moment kennel fees are being covered but this won't last for long and I am very worried about his future. Is there any way you can help at all? Or do you have any links that I can pass this info onto?

Emma - (Surrey)
Tel: 020 8407 1080/0797 356 9371
Email: Adrs@aol.com[/b]

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 03:37:01 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 22:14:06 PM »
Any news Dawn ?

I am not good with dogs (infact they fighten me lol)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 19:21:58 PM »
I've not heard anything Sam, I'll email shortly and find out  :wish:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 19:00:01 PM »
Daw any update on this one ... fingers crossed Butch was helped.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
URGENT - Emergency Transport Needed from Northampton to Surrey
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 15:53:19 PM »
Please forward to the Moon and Back - Butch's Life Depends on it!!!

LIFE OR DEATH SITUATION!!! - Emergency Transport Needed or Dog Will Die Tomorrow!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!

SWAP team has just recieved an emergency phonecall from Jane at the Algernon Trust who has managed to find a secure place for 'Butch' the American Bulldog who is due to be put to sleep tomorrow.

Jane has been told however, that if Butch is not out of his current residence by tomorrow morning HE WILL STILL BE PUT TO SLEEP!!!

Transport is desperately needed to take Butch from Northampton to Surrey where he will then be put in safe sanctuary. Butch needs to be picked up first thing tomorrow morning (Wednesday) OR HE WILL DIE!!!!

PLEASE, PLEASE if anyone can make this trip and save Butch's life please contact Jane IMMEDIATELY on 01327 858238 or mobile 07977 555238 (Please note - Jane is the rescue contact and not the owner or fosterer).

IF NO TRANSPORT IS FOUND THEN BUTCH WILL DIE TOMORROW MORNING!!

This would be an absolute Tragedy as Butch has a secure place waiting for him!!

Please do everything you can, this boy's life depends on it!!

Many thanks for your kind and much needed support

SWAP team

Link to CatChat