Author Topic: Horses in appalling condition  (Read 3625 times)

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
Re: Horses in appalling condition
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 23:42:46 PM »
This makes me very angry, RSPCA yet again >:(

MBll

Horses in appalling condition
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 23:53:32 PM »
Cross posted from an email appeal

Last night there was a programme on Welsh ITV called Wales this Week who did story on some horses in Abergevenny that were left if a terrible state, one foal died the day after an RSPCA inspector had visited the property.  The owner of the horses was called Paul Heaton, a former policeman and former RSPCA market inspector!  This former employee of the RSPCA is not being prosecuted???  The horses were signed over to a wonderful sanctuary called the Society for the Protection of Horses and Ponies in Monmouth who have been left to pick up the pieces and the vet bills whilst the RSPCA leave them to it.  Would people please take a look at the web site of the sanctuary  (below) and read about this issue then please complain to the RSPCA as to why their Inspector did not go out immediately to these horses (on the programme Chief Inspector Hubbard said they could not attend that day as they had no Inspector on duty), ask why they have not given help from all their millions to this sanctuary for the costs they have incurred for the horses and why the owner, a former employee of theirs is not being prosecuted.  The photographs on the sanctuary web site show clearly abuse and neglect.  When asked the question by the interviewer on the programme, as to why no prosecution Hubbard refused to answer!  When asked why the foal was left after being seen by an RSPCA inspector and consequently died the next day he replied that is was 'under veterinary care', the vet was only called the day before the foal died, so why did the owner leave it so late to call the vet when the foal was beyond help and why did the RSPCA not do anything about that just said the foal was under the vet,  no good if the vet was called far too late.(picture of the poor mite on the web site).  Another of his excuses was that the RSPCA has 'finite rescources'!! Please complain to the RSPCA about this issue and ask why no prosecution Enqserv@rspca.org.uk

The sanctuary who are now looking after the horses can be found at http://www.swhp.co.uk/Welcome.htm 

with details of what occurred and pictures of how the horses looked when found.  As the RSPCA are not funding any of the care  for the horses if anyone can find a few pounds to help the sanctuary I know they would be very grateful.  I find this kind of issue appalling and feel that yet again, we have been let down by the RSPCA, the only organisation that we have who have powers to prosecute, etc. They are failing in their responsibility, in my view, when cases such as this are allowed to happen and then other charities with far less finances then have to pick up the tab and the pieces.

Link to CatChat