Author Topic: cling ons!!!!!!  (Read 2781 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: cling ons!!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2008, 19:59:28 PM »
They are the best pics i have found so far  :evillaugh: glad you all liked them  :rofl:

It probably was grass as worms dont look like twigs!

Offline Puffball (Louise)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2008, 02:48:45 AM »
I could have gone the rest of the week without seeing those pictures.  :sick: :rofl: :rofl:

I could probably have gone my whole life as they are totally revolting  :sick:
 :thanks: for that MM... I think   :rofl:
At least I now know my cat had roundworm not tapeworm, but I think I could probably have survived with my delusion  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 02:52:45 AM by puffball »

Offline Christina

• Adult Cat
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2008, 22:28:13 PM »
oh lord! those pics have made me feel quite ill! ill pop into my vets first thing sat mornin then and see what i can get. thanks for the advice. id never have thought worms, thought it was just hair or something.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008, 19:51:27 PM »
I could have gone the rest of the week without seeing those pictures.  :sick: :rofl: :rofl:

I dunno what Chance had, then. Possibly threadworm. But who cares - I nuked 'em!  :evillaugh:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2008, 19:31:39 PM »
Tapeworm come out in wiggling segments   :sick:

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/wormstapewormphotos.htm this site shows a whole tapeworm that was thrown up  :sick:

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/968/5001804.JPG&imgrefurl=http://www.dkimages.com/discover/Home/Animals/Invertebrates/Segmented-Worms/Roundworm/Roundworm-2.html&h=520&w=512&sz=42&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=SAGGHuJq4t_PuM:&tbnh=&tbnw=&prev=/images%3Fq%3Droundworm%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26ie%3DUTF-8

Roundworm, which come out whole

The type of drug used in tapeworm treatment can't be ordered online without a prescription but as it's only a few £, best to buy from the vet. Vets aren't allowed to dispense unless they have seen the animal in the last 6 months though.

You can buy droncit spot on from vet uk  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2008, 09:18:47 AM »
When I got Alice she had a severe case and had to be wormed every 2 weeks for 8 weeks until they were completely gone. The vet said if they are severe, they can take a while to clear - Cats have even had to be operated on when the worms are compacted. Another problem with worms is although they recommend tapeworm treatment every 3 months, a cat can get them straight after being treated just by eating some grass with eggs on.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Puffball (Louise)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 02:27:51 AM »
Warning... yukky post incoming! But I'm also guessing it's worms.

Being a long hair my cat sometimes has a problem with cling-ons that don't quite clear her excessively furry rear end (nice!). So one day, shortly after she had been wormed, she jumped up on my lap and I couldn't help but noitice the nasty cat pooh smell coming from her. I promptl whisked her off to be cleaned and sure enough there was a piece of pooh clingling to her bum hair. I tried to remove it but discovered to my horror it was attached to a nasty stringy thing that was still inside her, she was not best pleased when I pulled it out and was quite vocal about it but it had to be done. Turned out it was a dead tape worm she had semi passed... I can only assume a live one would been worse but can't see how she could eject it unless wormed first.

If anyone had told me prior to getting a cat I might have to do this I may have thought twice yet strangely it didn't bother me, I was only concerned for her. Though a few friends did go green when I told them about it  :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 23:32:54 PM »
The type of drug used in tapeworm treatment can't be ordered online without a prescription but as it's only a few £, best to buy from the vet. Vets aren't allowed to dispense unless they have seen the animal in the last 6 months though.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 23:25:45 PM »
Christina

If what your cat is passing is worms, and I think most of us agree it's a strong possibility, what you are seeing are the dead ones and of course, can't move. The live ones are still inside.  :sick: Puss can become bloated, or loose weight, but it depends on how long she's had them, doesn't it? This might be a recent thing.  :sneaky:

But it's an easy problem to solve. Your vet will sell you a Drontal for £2-£3. Job done!  ;)

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 22:20:53 PM »
Either the vets or vetuk online is cheaper, they are the safest places to go as shop brought ones don't do the job proper xx
Caroline xx

Offline Christina

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 22:07:57 PM »
oh dear, i had no idea it could be worms. she has been wormed in the past, but hasnt been done for a while now. wouldnt the worm be mooving though when it came out?  are they really that long and hard? i thought you get other symptoms with worms like loosing weight, huge appetite, bloating etc?  she seams otherwise fine, her appetite hasnt changed and she is the same weight as always. im a bit worried now! ill go get her wormed asap just in case. can these treatments be bought in shops or do you ahve to go to the vet to get them? thanks for the advice.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 13:11:46 PM »
Only last week, when Chance arrived, I had the some thing. The stools were packed with segments, around an inch-inch and a half in length. Looking like grass blades or chow mein noodles. (sorry if you're off out for a chinky tonight!  :evillaugh: ) I treated for Tapeworm and they are now clear.  :sneaky:

Maybe there's a new superworm out there?  :shify:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 12:59:46 PM »
A tapeworm would come out in bits tho, only ever seen a whole one in vomit   :sick:

Spike and taz get chased by the poo monster,its grass that causes the problem for them or occasionally hair

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 12:36:07 PM »
Sounds like definite Tapeworm  :sick:  I would ask the vet for some Milbemax or Drontal and worm her. 

there is a spot-on available for tapeworm but I can't remember the name.

I think Profender does Tapeworms Mark but personally, I think I'd prefer to use a tablet.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 12:13:02 PM »
I'll have a fiver on tapeworm, too, please.  :naughty:

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 10:12:19 AM »
Agree with Mark
I took on a rescue cat who had been wormed etc. but did a similar thing. It was tapeworm.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 09:50:45 AM »
Possibly tapeworm? - Does she get wormed regularly? stronghold spot-on treats all types of worms except tapeworm and they need to have drontal or Milbemax every 3 months - there is a spot-on available for tapeworm but I can't remember the name.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 21:48:19 PM »
In either of the circumstances I mentioned, then yes, it is normal, as is the 'uncomfortable' walk afterwards (as you say, yeuch and ouch). Just keep an eye on her for a couple of days, and get in touch with the vet if you are still concerned ...

Offline Christina

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 21:45:35 PM »
i know yeah. i jsut felt so helpless. she really seamed in alot of pain and discomfort. she seams ok now, though still walking a bit funny! though im sure i would be too if that had happened to me! what else is wierd is that she proceeded to lick the carpet where she had rubbed her bum over leaving her trails.
hopefully then it was just lots of furr then. thanks. i just wanted to be sure it was (within reason) normal!!!!

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 21:33:39 PM »
Possibly a fur ball going down the other way, or she has been eating grass that is quite long. Mine have had this at various times and yes, they do find it uncomfortable when you try to help, but what else can you do??!!

Offline Christina

• Adult Cat
cling ons!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 21:31:03 PM »
hello,
       WARNING, please do not read if you are eating a late dinner or evening snack!!!!!

well, basically, im sure a lot of people are aware of this somewhat amusing phenomenon, where your cat ends up dragging their bum across your carpet leaving a lovely trail for you to clean up. well, this evening, something quite scary happened. my little girl had wondered into her litter tray, and the next minute, i looked and there she was, draging her bum on the carpet, i quickly proceeded to grab her and place her on the laminate in the kitchen, when i noticed she still had a stool stuck in her bum. i tried to grab it with a piece of kitchen towel, but it seamed stuck, and from then on, she wouldnt let me near her. she proceeded to get extremely stressed, miowing, even growling as she kept trying to drag her bum across the carpet (i let her back on the carpet at seeing how stressed and upset she was). this went on for a while and i started to get very worried as she seamed in a lot of discomfort. i finnaly managed to get near her, and pulled the piece of stool that was half in/ half out od her. sorry to be so gross, but she screamed when i did this, and it seamed there was lots of hair or something still hanging out of her. she then went back into her litter tray and proceeded to go the loo and deposite the rest of her stool.  the thing was, there was like a long thick what looked like string amoungst it. it wasnt string though, it was quite firm, but it was as thin as string.  shes had this before, but not like this being in pain etc, last time she just pood and i noticed there was a long black string looking thing, that was firm going through her poo. almost like a thin twig maybe.though again i dont think it was this.
i just wondered if this has happend to anybody else? or is this normal? sorry to be so graphic, but i just had to ask as it really worried me! thanks.

Link to CatChat