Author Topic: Possible silent signs of queen in heat  (Read 1467 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: Possible silent signs of queen in heat
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 16:59:21 PM »
Abigail was in heat recently and wasn't vocal, she just spent most of her time with her bum squashed against hubby's computer monitor  :evillaugh:  She would also lay on the kitchen floor with her tail to one side and looking adoringly at my other cats, even though she isn't really keen on them.  They do become over affectionate and I would give her a few days and then get her in  ;)

ccmacey

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 14:21:35 PM »
Can I ask if you were formally Cheekee munkee? Ragman?  :-:

I would say displays of over affection and also laying tummy down with bottom up is a good sign. I would keep your male seperate from her as she will become pregnant, thats if your not planning it of course.  :)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 10:57:04 AM »
A silent heat can mean there are no outward signs at all that the cat is in heat.  Only if you have male cats around are you likely to know!  But they may roll around the floor and be particularly affectionate without making any noise.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 02:06:47 AM »
She'll become much more affectionate and roll about on the floor.

Why do you want to know? Would love more background info. Best to have your cat spayed before she comes into heat. Don't make the mistake of letting her have 'just one litter' as there are too many kittens and not enough good homes for them.

If you have a cat showing signs of being in heat, KEEP HER IN. If she gets out at all, take her to the vet and have her spayed and aborted (sticky subject, but that's what I would do). Most vets won't spay a cat who is actually in heat because it makes the op too difficult.

Modified to say that I've read other of your recent posts and notice you have ragdolls. Are you breeding from them? Have you got the stud sorted. I'm not a big fan of pedigree breeding.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 02:16:49 AM by Hippykitty »
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

cat man do

Possible silent signs of queen in heat
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 23:12:35 PM »
Does anyone know what possible signs a queen might show if in season if they are not calling like crazy, but its the right tme if you know what I mean.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 23:30:33 PM by Ragamuffin »

Link to CatChat