Author Topic: please pray for arthur  (Read 6427 times)

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
Re: please pray for arthur
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 12:17:57 PM »
Oh hunnie major hugs I am so sorry you are going through this and that Arthur is too, it is so heartbreaking for us all when our furbabies get ill.  DOn't quite know what to say just wanted to give you a hug  :hug:   You talk away as much as you need hunnie x

Offline Christina

• Adult Cat
please pray for arthur
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 12:12:30 PM »
hi everyone.
                  Feeling really low at the moment. my brothers rescue cat, dear old arthur, was rushed to the vets lastnight. turns out he has kidney failure.The vet offered to put him down, but we refused, as he said arthur would not be in pain, and if he pulled through, he may have a few months left, but not much longer. we are waiting on news to see how he is at the moment.
Arthur came to us in october after i moved out my parents house and took our kitten with me. we also have 10 year old male mo. my brother was desparate for another cat, when he came across arthur at the local rescue. arthur has been terribly mistreated, he only has one eye, no teeth, his ears are ripped, his fur was matted, and he cant walk properly as his legs were broken and left to reset  wrongly. well, we fell in love with him. we werre told hed been at the center for years as nobody would even give hima  second look. i must admit he was a right old sight, but we see through that. anyway, turns out he is the most kind, loving friendly sole you would ever meet. all he wanted was lots of fuss. hed follow you round everywhere. just a real pleasure to have a round.ive never known a cat as lovely as him (no offence to my other two cats!!) i used to love going back home to see him.
weve only had him afew months, and i feel so sad, as he was just starting his new happy life, and now it will be taken away from him.it just seams so unfair that this poor mog has had such an awfull life, and finally he gets a fab life and this happens. When the rspca came to visit him after we had him five weeks they said they couldnt believe how well he looked and how happy he looked.
im sorry for chatting on, but i just feel i needed to talk to someone about this. i cant stop crying for him. its just so unfair. does anybody know how long he may have left if he gets strong enough to come home again?  thanks for listening.

Link to CatChat