Author Topic: Hobbes is here!  (Read 5791 times)

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
Re: Hobbes is here!
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2007, 19:35:59 PM »
OK Linda will try and get some, tried to take one before cos he was sitting in front of the telly watching Ice Age but he moved of course just when I got the camera  >:( We've had a lovely afternoon with the two of them fast asleep, Dylan beside me on the sofa and Hobbes lying on the back of it. Will try and get him next time he does it. He's decided he doesn't want his kitten food today he'd rather eat Dylan's Royal Canin Light  :rofl: Glad to hear Lark has got her new home too Rebecca, she is such a sweetie  :Luv:

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2007, 17:43:50 PM »
Ann, we must be due some more pics soon.  Little lad has been home over a week!!!!

Offline Bex

• Adult Cat
  • Diesel & Harry
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2007, 13:17:59 PM »
Little Lark left last night, which is how the introductions got started between Diesel and Harry just after she was taken off to her new life! My biggest problem is stopping Harry eating everything in sight, I swear he gets bigger every day ;p

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2007, 13:15:44 PM »
My biggest problem at the moment is trying to stop Dylan eating the kitten food or he'll be even fatter  :rofl: Wish Hobbes would go to sleep, he's wearing me out never mind Dylan  :evillaugh: Dylan seems to have worn himself out now with playing, he's not used to all this exercise (like his mum  :rofl:) I am very pleased with the way it's going considering they only met each other on Sunday really and they've only spent a lot of time together since Thursday. Hugs to Diesel and Harry (and Lark if she is still there).  :Luv:

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2007, 12:40:35 PM »
Oh Hobbes!  :Luv:

I want him! He is beyond scrumptious  :blow kiss:

Offline Bex

• Adult Cat
  • Diesel & Harry
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2007, 12:38:17 PM »
Diesel's had the advantage of having smelled the kittens for the last 10 weeks, so he was more curious by the time he was allowed to meet one :-) Plus, he's used to having to be introduced to foster cats so we've done introductions before. He's scared, but also happy to play it seems, they've had a good run around this morning and are now both sleeping it off (in different rooms)

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2007, 12:00:06 PM »
Diesel looks less scared of Harry than Dylan was of Hobbes  :rofl: looks like they are going to be good friends too, lovely pics. Things still going well here although Dylan gives Hobbes a bit of a slap when he gets too much and we've just had a bit of a "hissing" incident but on the whole things are ok. Dylan is really funny cos he sits and looks at Hobbes as if he's mad when he's racing around and then runs out of his way but then goes and looks for him again - cats eh  :rofl:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2007, 11:36:32 AM »
They are both Adorable Ann  :Luv: :cccooorrr:

Is soo great Dylan has taken to ickle Hobbes so well. Of cource we will need regular pics to make sure  ;) ;D ;D

Offline Bex

• Adult Cat
  • Diesel & Harry
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2007, 06:50:13 AM »
In the spirit of this thread, here's Diesel's first meeting with Harry (Hobbes' brother) (if my attachments work)

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2007, 23:29:23 PM »
Thanks I think he's fab too, he's just a bundle of energy at the moment and has a really loud purr whenever you go near him ;D He has been downstairs for about 2 and a half hours tonight and has now met Dylan properly and they spent the whole time chasing each other round the room. Dylan was as bad as Hobbes and they kept lying in wait for each other and pouncing on each other  :rofl: Had to put Hobbes back upstairs eventually tho cos Dylan was wanting to go to sleep and Hobbes hasn't grasped the concept of "enough" yet so I'm letting Dylan have a break from him now. Things are looking good though and hopefully Dylan will lose some weight chasing round with Hobbes  :rofl: 

Offline Mimi (Mewg)

• Senior Cat
  • Phoebe, Nellie & Libby
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2007, 16:46:37 PM »
Me, too............he's beautiful Ann!!!   :disguise:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2007, 12:32:10 PM »
Only just caught up on this thread ...... What a gorgeous little lad  :Luv:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Beth (Mouse's Mum)

• Adult Cat
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2007, 12:28:36 PM »
He's lovely Ann, love the name too, we had a little furbabe called Hobbes, although he died a few weeks ago at such a young age of 16 months old   :'(.  But your Hobbes looks lovely too  ;D

Offline Fiona2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2007, 13:22:57 PM »
He's a lovely little fella Ann, suits his name too  :)

Offline sonya

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ozzy Daisy and Ebony
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2006, 23:23:53 PM »
Ann , im even more jealous now, hes just like my Ozzy wen he was a baby but hes a bit darker, i am so on the next bus to Gatesheed to pinch him  :rofl:
Cats are like vodkas-you cant just have one

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2006, 21:05:17 PM »
oh wow Ann, he is a truly scrummy little fella. :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:  Glad his initial introduction to Dylan went well  :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2006, 20:29:01 PM »
Thanks Cat and a Happy one to you too  ;D I have moderated your new year post and now its working  :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks Ann  ;D

Offline cat campbell

• Adult Cat
  • Campbell as a kitten
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2006, 20:24:46 PM »
Wow - what a cute little fella you have there Ann. He makes me feel broody but I've no room for any more furrbabes at the moment.

Note for Gill: Happy New Year Gill - I had a friend called Hobbes and it was pronounced Hobz.
Cat xxxxx

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2006, 20:17:11 PM »
Hi Gill not sure how to explain it on here but it is just as it is spelt really the o is sounded like it is in off - hope that helps  :-:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2006, 20:14:42 PM »
Hobbes is great and sounds like things are going well  ;D How do you pronounce is name?

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
Re: Hobbes is here! - piccies
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2006, 20:04:18 PM »
Couldn't fit this one on the post below but here's another piccie of the gorgeous Hobbes - he's such a cutie  :Luv:

« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 20:05:20 PM by Ann Clarke (Tabby cat) »

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
Re: Hobbes is here! - piccies!
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 20:02:29 PM »
Specially for Linda here are some piccies I took of Hobbes earlier today. He's doing really well, did our first intros to Dylan today, have to admit I did cheat and brought Hobbes down in my big wire cat carrier so Dylan and he could see each other but in case it kicked off they couldn't get to each other. Anyway it went really well, Dylan is still feebly hissing at Hobbes but only cos he is scared (he's a right wuss). By the time I took Hobbes back upstairs he wasn't sure whether to hiss at him or sniff him  :) I think given time they will be fine with each other and I am very pleased. Anyway here are the piccies sorry about the quality of some of them - he rarely sits still when he's awake  ;D

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2006, 18:54:33 PM »
Yep, flatten is the word.  Lenny is a big kittty at 8 months old (2ft 7 ins on his back legs) - I reckon he must be around the 12-14lb mark (he's definitely the biggest of the bengal boys).  Must say though Nova is a fiesty little girl (despite being absolutely tiny) and won't put up with any nonsense from these boys  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2006, 18:15:15 PM »
I promise I will take some piccies tomorrow when the light is better. He's had a really good day so far today and I've just spent an hour upstairs with him lying on my knee and giving me cuddles  :Luv: he is such a sweetheart, he likes to wash me as well as washing himself just in case I can't keep myself as clean as him of course  ;D he's eating well and using his tray but he does seem to have developed a likeing for sleeping under my bed rather than on it  :rofl: I'm going to try a very short intro tomorrow with Dylan as he doesn't seem bothered by Hobbes being here and he can smell him on me and he knows he is upstairs so we'll see what happens - hope Dylan doesn't jump on him he will squash him poor thing.  :cat chat:

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2006, 16:41:46 PM »
awww wee cutie (isn't it great that they pick the middle of the night to gain their confidence  :evillaugh:).
Now that he's picking up, can we get some more photos pleeaseee!!  He's such a cute wee fellow  :Luv:
Nova has only been here one week Ann and all the bengal boys seem very accepting of her already (got to watch Lenny though as he thinks he is in love  :Luv: :Luv: and he keeps trying to pin her to the ground to snuggle her LOL)

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 12:23:00 PM »
Hobbes developed his more confident streak about 11.30pm last night (typical) and proceeded to keep me awake for a couple of hours because he thought that me lying in bed was a great springboard for jumping on and off and generally racing round the bed  :rofl: I think I dropped off around 3am in the end  :tired: Once he settled down though he was very good and spent most of the night (well early morning really) snuggled up to me under the duvet. He has had a bit of an explore of the bedroom showing off his climbing skills and is now lying on the second pillow which is beneath the big continental size one I have cos he can hide then. I'm waiting for another day or so before i try any intros but he is doing ok so far. Love to Lark from Hobbes, hope she gets her own home soon  :Luv:

Offline Bex

• Adult Cat
  • Diesel & Harry
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 09:01:59 AM »
Send him lots of love from Lark (who slept curled up against my foot as a Hobbes substitute!)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 23:10:07 PM »
Ahhh, he sounds a right cutey  :Luv:  Can't wait to see pics when he's settled.

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 22:57:53 PM »
Just a quick update, Hobbes spent his first few hours hiding behind a toy stuffed cat that was on my bed bless him but when I went upstairs about half an hour ago I found he had moved inside the pillowcase on my pillow  ;D how on earth I'm supposed to get into bed is anyone's guess  :rofl: Not sure if he's eaten anything yet, I think he may have had a little bit but not sure but he's getting braver and is letting me stroke him gently and we've had purrs from him so it's looking ok considering how scary it must be for him - one minute he's playing with his brother and sister then the next this scary lady puts him in a carrier and brings him to a whole new place. Rest assured I'll keep you posted on his progress and Sonya hands off he's mine  :rofl:

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 21:08:38 PM »
Poor wee soul.  Nova was the same on Christmas eve and by the next morning I saw an improvement in her confidence.  ;D Welcome home Hobbes, look forward to hearing all about you  :Luv:

Offline sonya

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ozzy Daisy and Ebony
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 20:15:39 PM »
welcome home hobbes, im still jealous Ann, I may have to jump the bus over the river and do me some kitnappin  :rofl:
Cats are like vodkas-you cant just have one

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 19:02:47 PM »
That's great Ann.  Bet you're so glad he's home.   :)

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
Hobbes is here!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 17:48:39 PM »
Just to let you know that Hobbes is now home with me and Dylan. He's very scared poor little thing cos he's only been here an hour so he is in my bedroom at the moment with the tv on so he has company and I keep going up and sitting with him for short spells so he gets used to me. I'll probably have lost him when I go back up again  :rofl: but he'll be in there somewhere. Dylan saw him in the carrier and wasn't bad, he did give a couple of half hearted hisses at him but there was no ears back, fluffed out tail etc so I think he was more wary than anything else. It was quite funny really cos I've never heard him hiss before  ;D I'm sure if I follow Wizz's good advice they will be fine after a while, just need to take it slowly. Once Hobbes is more settled I'll take some more photos of him.

Link to CatChat