Author Topic: Any toy for fussy cats?  (Read 6486 times)

Offline michelle_b

• Adult Cat
  • Molly & Maisey
Re: Any toy for fussy cats?
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2006, 23:34:46 PM »
Pets at home do a rather odd looking laser toy: http://www.petsathome.com/invt/15018 not quite sure how it's supposed to avoid the cats eyes but it seems the world is catching on to the laser game lol. They have some imaginative toys around even if they are a little expensive considering my cats like to play with a ball of newspaper or a cardboard box lol

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 23:31:55 PM »
Mine ran out too but got some more and its still one of Sasas fav along with something esle with no batteries left.....the panic mouse.......now I hope someone is auctioning one cos she has also made it jam from lying on the ball and catching it and refusing to let it go :)

Offline michelle_b

• Adult Cat
  • Molly & Maisey
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2006, 23:08:50 PM »
We've got one of those, ran the batteries out playing with the cats lol. Great toy!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2006, 23:06:02 PM »
The best toy I have bought for a long time is a laser pointer, bought from a local pet shopp for ?6.99. They all go crazy chasing the red dot!
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2006, 23:05:36 PM »
oh i would if i could but jasper's is for christmas!!!!

agree though, evidence of product testing is probably very useful.....  ;D

Offline michelle_b

• Adult Cat
  • Molly & Maisey
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2006, 23:02:29 PM »
Thanx for the link Hannah, still want to see those pics tho lol. Any excuse for a pic ;)

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 22:57:56 PM »
hmmm, she may still be on holiday so none on ebay right now....

try this for info....
http://www.cosycatscattery.co.uk/toys.html

;D

Offline michelle_b

• Adult Cat
  • Molly & Maisey
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2006, 22:54:37 PM »
Found these on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SIX-hand-knitted-CATNIP-BALLS-cat-toys-FREE-P-P_W0QQitemZ270053943329QQihZ017QQcategoryZ20741QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem they don't look quite as spectacular as the Wiggly Wagglers but they are for charity. Can't find the Wiggly Wagglers on ebay though, I want to buy them from CC but was just fishing for more information/images of them on ebay lol. Hey maybe all of you could post up pics of your cats and their Wiggly Wagglers so we can see them in action?  ;D

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 22:42:48 PM »
you can get them through cat chat or on ebay. if on cat chat you pay an extra pound but it goes to cat chat. ?the woman that makes them is lovely - you can request colours (on ebay anyway). you may not get them but she does try! ?i ordered mine on ebay (sorry cat chat - but going to buy more raffle tickets to make up for it) and asked for boy colours! got an email saying any other time she would have knitted one that day but she was off to italy so would try find the most boy one she had. she did and i was very happy!!!! ?i love nice people!!!!! they make everything so much better and easier!!!!

Offline michelle_b

• Adult Cat
  • Molly & Maisey
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 22:40:35 PM »
http://www.catchat.org/waggler_form.html - here's the details on how to purchase Wiggly Wagglers

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 22:38:12 PM »
Anything with feathers on last about 0.5 seconds in my house lol

These wiggly wagglers sound like a great idea ..would be quite keen to find out where you buy them from !
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline michelle_b

• Adult Cat
  • Molly & Maisey
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 21:23:59 PM »
Try a cardboard box :D works every time with mine, I'm really looking forward to their first Christmas this year they are going to love it with all of the boxes and paper everywhere and their nice new crinkle tunnel we have stashed away shh! ;)

Actually we bought a pretty neat toy today from Pets at Home it's like a fishing line with a tiny toy fish on the end they both love it here's the link: http://www.petsathome.com/invt/15541 they also love the Jolly Moggy feather wand too: http://www.petsathome.com/invt/13095 we are on our second one of those wands though, lets just say they got a bit over excited lol it did last a lot longer than I thought it would though!

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 21:15:59 PM »
Lynn, the wragglers are knitted/crochet with tasslels which pussies can grab/bite easiliy. Like a cuddly toy. They have catnip inside. I ordered 2 for my 5 babes & all gone maaaad over them.  Loius is shattered as he has been dragging them round the house. LOL

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 20:38:41 PM »
lynn.... i too have a WW. course havent given it to jasper yet so cant give you his opinion!!
but it does look good.  its full of cat nip and seems pretty sturdy.... like cody could thrash it around like the hot water bottle and be quite happy!!!!!
i think its worth i try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 20:18:59 PM »
hi purrlishous,

tell me why are these so good ??

i may be interested in getting one as they look like they'll last longer than feathers but i need someone to sell me the product !!

also did you know you cat put your pudcats name under your avatar just type in the personal text box on the profile settings.

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 20:15:49 PM »
How about a kitty go crazy mine love it although i have to admit mine play with EVERYTHING including my toes lol

Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 20:07:17 PM »
Hi Andrew

WIGGLY WAGGLERS
from cats@cosycatscattery.co.uk

Mine came today... the best toy ever.. can highly recommend

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Andrew

• Adult Cat
  • Ginger
Any toy for fussy cats?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 19:25:29 PM »

I bought some toys from a supermarket but both of them didn't play with them at all.

Then I found a catnip small pillow and it drove Baxter crazy.

For Charlie, there is only one toy he plays.. 'Sound-Mouse Cat Toy Play rod with sensational sound chip' from Zooplus. That drives him crazy sometimes. Catnip does nothing for Charlie. Even dried leaves, spray, plant etc does nothing to him..

They are 8 years old and I wonder if there is any toy you would recommend for fussy cats like Charlie and Baxter. Please tell me the name and where you got it from :-) Thanks a lot! xx

Link to CatChat