Author Topic: Hello all !  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
Re: Hello all !
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 00:51:07 AM »
Hi Helena and  :welcome: to Purrs  :)
if you want big pics, go to "photobucket.com" create an account and upload your pics onto that
then you just copy and paste the img code onto here, and there you go  ;)

Here's my Misty

« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 00:53:33 AM by Stuart (Misty's Dad) »
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 18:50:55 PM »
in my first post the picture came out really tiny! What did I do wrong?
nothing at all - that's the way it works. If we want a closer look (and Jameson is well-worth a closer look) then we click on the pic and it comes out bigger. He's gorgeous BTW  :Luv:

and Welcome to Purrs, you will have lots of fun here (although the rest of your life may suffer  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: )

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 18:47:33 PM »
 :thanks:

This seems to be a very warm and friendly forum - have a feeling I will be a regular here!!

Got too carried away nattering about my cat so forgot to tell you about myself!

My name is Helena!

Oh that's one thing I was going to ask... in my first post the picture came out really tiny! What did I do wrong?

« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 00:52:53 AM by jamesonsmum »
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 17:38:42 PM »
A very warm   :welcome:  from me too

Pleased to have you with us

By the way what is your name??
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 17:20:07 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Sir Jameson !......................well we have a Corporal but not had a Sir before  :rofl: :rofl:

He looks and sounds wonderful and as you will find we are all kinda of crazy here and just mad about cats  ;D

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 16:37:59 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs

Jameson sounds like one cheeky boy, looking forward to reading about you both, I think he looks a bit like my big Bubba that was his nick name his Sunday name was Bob, he suddenly passed in June last year, but sounds like him and Jameson have the same mischievous character  :rofl:

Hope you have fun here

Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 16:33:08 PM »
Hi and welcome - my friend ended up with two cats in just the same way!  the first one moved in and the owner asked her to take the second as well!  Look forward to hearing more about him!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 15:49:30 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs

Sir Jameson sounds like one seriously cool cat and I think you will fit in very well here as we are all slightly (cat) mad  :evillaugh:  Love that pic of him, what a stunning boy - I can't believe your neighbour could give him up  :Crazy:

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
Hello all !
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 15:38:30 PM »
Thought I would introduce myself - I have been a frequent cat chatter on catchat.org and have recently come across this brilliant site too!

I am the very proud owner of a gorgeous tabby boy named Sir Jameson Whitesox. He will be 2 years old in April.
We adopted him from our neighbour, well, it was actually more like him adopting us! We had just moved in to our new house in Surrey when said cat also decided to move in with us. He came to our garden every day and quickly bonded with me and my partner, and when our neighbour asked us to look after him when she went on holiday, there was just no turning back! She came back from holiday, and well.... saw the situation and offered us to take him under our wings! And the rest is history, as they say!
He used to be called Scooby, but we decided to rename him Jameson - way more sophisticated and cool. (he is a very cool cat...obviously!)

I have never owned a cat before, and to be honest, didn't really plan to own one either! (I was actually just about to adopt a dog!)
This wonderful cat changed all that though, and I am now a converted cat lover (I have always loved cats, but didn't realise just HOW amazing creatures they actually are). I can't imagine my life without him now.
My partner grew up with lots of cats (lived on countryside) so we weren't completely clueless though; but I quickly had to learn what my cat needed, and boy was I surprised. Defleaing, worming, vaccinations, microchipping, boosters, insurance, food, toys etc etc. Took it's toll on my wallet I tell ya!

A little about Jameson: He is a very big boy, in built, not in fat. He is very muscular. He has got amazing colours and markings; I especially adore his white socks and white bib. He is very cuddly - and will fall asleep on my chest at night. He is on a mixed wet and dry food diet. He has got his own entrance so he can come and go as he pleases. He is good friends with the local fox (amazing to see them interract with each other). He loves all dogs apart from chihuahuas. His favourite treat is boiled egg yolk, and he will climb your leg for a small piece. He loves fighting with our wooden blinds in our bedroom (preferably at 5am). His favourite way of waking us up in the morning is by jumping up in the bookcase and whack all the content down on the floor. He also enjoys attacking wiggley toes sticking out of duvets (preferably at an ungodly hour). The best trophy we've had to date was a large pigeon, still alive, in our bed. He will not drink water flavoured water. He will drink gravy flavoured water, or any manky rainwater or flower pot water - not to mention old bathwater. He has got around 5 beds around the house, but rather sleep in ours.

We absolutely adore this cheeky boy, and every day he gives us things to laugh at.
Sorry to waffle on, but when it comes to my cat I can talk for Britain.

Nice to meet you all, let the cat chatting commence!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Link to CatChat