Author Topic: Struggling to get Alice to eat her prescription food  (Read 7390 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Struggling to get Alice to eat her prescription food
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 13:31:31 PM »
I got the worst cat food ever on sunday at morrisons - your cat or my cat or something it looked like it had already been digested!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 13:28:14 PM »
I gave in - she was so pitiful  :(

I was raking around the cat food cupboard seeing if there was anything I could give her. I looked at Hills senior wet, Tesco Naturals, provet etc then found Morrisons own "The Best" lamb - it is 90% lamb with minerals & vitamins added (no cereal or dairy) - hopefully that will be OK? - she is eating it anyway  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 13:41:47 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 08:56:32 AM »
I think I will get some more to tide her over until the Eagle Pack arrives. I can't force-feed her the s/o food - the good thing is I can get the 33 in pet shops.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 08:34:46 AM »
my vet recommended sensible 33 for tilly when she had her bengal tum - if alice will eat it it's better than nothing

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Struggling to get Alice to eat her prescription food
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 08:21:22 AM »
The vet said her fecal samples are clear (subject to results from camphylobacter results in a few days)  so wants to try her on a sensitive diet. I already had some RC s/o both wet and dry that I ordered from vetUK. Yesterday she ate some although she wasn't mad about it. When I went to give her a bedtime snack, she was very vocal and rubbing round my legs etc. I felt bad but just left her with the s/o food. This morning, it was untouched and she was going crazy for food. I cleared the dishes and gave her fresh but the same food. She won't touch it  :( - I relented and gave her some RC sensible 33 (last of the bag) which she is eating. The question is, is the 33 good enough - I know it is a sensitive diet but not as extreme as the s/o. I will order eagle pack this morning and see how she gets on with it but in the meantime.......

I know some people say just leave it but I know cats can be really obstinate. My mum's cat ^sukie^ was supposed to be on a special diet but refused it. Her vet told her to give in after 5 days  :scared: - but she gave in on day 3 as she knew there was no way she would touch it.

(I did give her a bit of roast chicken last night as I'm sure that is OK?)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 08:57:53 AM by Mark »

Link to CatChat