Author Topic: I made your bed you'd better lie on it !  (Read 4440 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: I made your bed you'd better lie on it !
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2008, 19:46:32 PM »
C'mon Leigh, we've not had the photo of Sexy Suzie in your bed yet.  :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2008, 15:36:49 PM »
Awwww bless her, she looks very chilled out and happy in her jungle  :evillaugh:
[/color]

Yer I suppose it does look a bit like a jungle  :evillaugh: :Luv2:  Although the polar bear in the corner would be well hot without the ice!!  :naughty: :Luv2:

I dread to think where Bonnie's gonna go next Claire.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2008, 15:19:45 PM »
Awwww bless her, she looks very chilled out and happy in her jungle  :evillaugh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2008, 15:10:17 PM »
Well, Bonnie's not content with sharing/taking over my bed and sleeping on all her own beds, she now wants to share the spare bed with all the cuddly toys - see attached pic and spot Bonnie!! She's the one with the look of disgust on her face as I disturbed her to take the photo.  :evillaugh: :Luv2: :rofl:

Mary

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2008, 16:04:36 PM »
The amount of times I said sorry to Bonnie last night for disturbing her on MY bed was unbelievable.  :rofl:

Thank goodness Im not the only one that says sorry to the cats  :rofl: Normally I have to admit its because I didnt realise I had company and kicked one or other off by accident.......night twitches are a pain

Amber loves to sleep in confined places. When she first arrived she wouldnt sleep in the open it was either under the duvet or under the valance until she ripped a hole in the old bed and slept in the drawer. Now she has a bed under my bed but will sleep in the open sometimes. Oddly enough the exception is that she will sleep on my knee so long as I dont touch her...........shes an odd pud  :Luv: :Luv:

love
Tab

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2008, 12:44:50 PM »
Don't forget it's 3 against 1on your bed though Leigh, so I'm afraid the puddy cats win.  :naughty: :Luv2:

The amount of times I said sorry to Bonnie last night for disturbing her on MY bed was unbelievable.  :rofl:

Mary

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2008, 12:15:42 PM »
Perched on the edge!!!!, I'd settle for just being on the bed and I've got a King-Sized bed  ;D ;D

Cheers

Leigh
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2008, 12:04:53 PM »
100% correct Licia, Bonnie does deserve all the pampering and I deserve all her adorable purrs.  :Luv2:
Perched on the edge of the bed is something we on Purrs can all relate to I am certain.  :rofl:

Mary

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008, 10:26:04 AM »
Aww, Bonnie looks so content there with a plush pillow and a teddy cat, I can almost hear her soft purring!! :Luv2:  Surely she deserves all the pampering!! ;)

Gill Oliver is just as bad, or probably worse, he hogs our queensize bed all sprawled out like shown below right in the middle, he gets in the position before we get to the bed.  Cris would push him over but I, as his main slave I feel too bad to do that, so he remains on my side and I get to sleep perched on the edge... :Crazy:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2008, 19:06:29 PM »
Afraid I have same probs with bed changing and Franta and Ducha, every time I move em they are back before I can do next step!

Going to bed is quite difficult cos Ducha waits by the bedroom door and as soon as I try and get in bed, its who can get to the same place first. He will moan and push with his head if he thinks I am in his place and then if I wont move he will slump on top of my head, till I move.

He will push my arms with his wet nose and rub and gently push till he has manovred me to allow him to be exactly where he wants and after all this performance, as soon as I switch out the light he leaves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also get told when I should get up and I know that it was my class at lunchtime and I wanted to be up by a certain time but do not remember telling Ducha. At exactly the right time he started hopping around my head and then started his pushing and shoving act which woke me up. I tried to doze off again but not a chance , he was dermined that him and Franta would have all the bed!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2008, 17:02:43 PM »
Bonnie says thank you Clare.  :lick:

Mary

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2008, 17:00:08 PM »
Awwww, defo very comfy now  :rofl: :Luv2:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2008, 16:32:53 PM »
And Mary, I don't think Bonnie looks nearly comfortable enough there  :Luv:

OK Clare, perhaps I should give her one of my pillows too!!   :Luv2: :rofl:

Mary

Here you are Clare ( see attached pics) - I've made Bonnie a little more comfortable - her own pillow and even a toy cat I bought in Italy last year.  :Luv2: :rofl:

Looking forward to photos of Suzie Leigh.  :Luv2:

Mary

« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 16:45:27 PM by maryas »

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 16:18:43 PM »
Hiya,

Great pic of Oliver Licia, Alfie does the same thing  ;D

I'll take a few pics of Suzie on the bed, won't need any special arrangements as she spends 23 1/2 hours a day or more on the bed so should be quite straightforward.

One of her favourite tricks is to jump down from the bed just as I'm going to turn off the light and turn onto my side to go to sleep. After a short while she'll jump back up onto the bed and start to miaow because she wants me to trun back onto my back so that she can settle down again for another round of stroking. I sometimes play "dead" and she starts to miaow, "miaow", "miaooow", "miaowwwwwwwwwwww" and if I continue to play dead she'll climb up onto my side where she'll stand with all her weight and listen for any sound of life from me, if I make the slightest noise she'll put her mouth right up to my ear and "miaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww" very loudly.  ;D

Love the pic of Amber rolled up in the duvet tab and those are lovely pics of Bonnie and Smudge Mary.

Cheers

Leigh

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 16:04:01 PM »
LOL Mary, he does look like he had a wee bit too much to drink doesn't he :rofl: :rofl:  Actually he really doesn't care for alcoholic beverages, except for marsala hidden in our Tiramisu!! ;)

That is his typical sleeping position, he rarely curls up like normal cats, perhaps because our flat is almost overheated and always quite warm... he lets me rest my head on his tummy and it is so nice to listen to his gentle purring resonate inside :Luv:

BTW Leigh, yeah you need to photograph Suzie's "action in bed" when you get a chance :evillaugh: :evillaugh:  ohh hoo hoo ;)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 15:55:49 PM »
Aw Licia, I want to have a cat nap with Oliver - have you given him a bottle of grappa or what!!  Bless him.  :naughty: :Luv2: :rofl:

C'mon Leigh, get the camera out when you get a minute to spare, we need a photo of Suzie in her/your bed!!  :naughty: :Luv2:

Mary

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 15:50:03 PM »
And Mary, I don't think Bonnie looks nearly comfortable enough there  :Luv:
[/color]

OK Clare, perhaps I should give her one of my pillows too!!   :Luv2: :rofl:

Mary

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 15:49:22 PM »

Oliver showing a fine example of "comfortable" :evillaugh:

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 15:47:09 PM »
Tab, I love your piccy with Amber's leg sticking out, what on earth is she doing in there  :evillaugh:

And Mary, I don't think Bonnie looks nearly comfortable enough there  :Luv:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 15:46:21 PM »
Oh believe me Dawn - she is, and I will do anything to let her remain that way. Even sleep on the floor if I have to!! :) :Luv2:

Mary

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 15:34:12 PM »
Mary she looks very content! 

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 15:06:35 PM »
Leigh I think you should give the Guiness book of records a call  :naughty: :Luv2:
We are all as daft when it comes to cats sharing/taking over our beds. I bought Bonnie a new CAT BED on Sunday - no idea why as she shares my double bed, the double bed in the spare bedroom is all hers, she has a basket and a rug and a buffet with blanket on in my bedroom, double sheepskin rug in spare bedroom, settee and rug and cat bed downstairs!!!!  Don't think I've missed anything out!  :evillaugh: :Luv2:
Attached photos of Bonnie on my bed yesterday and one of my dear Smudge about 6 months ago.

Mary

« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 15:07:22 PM by maryas »

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 13:32:03 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What is it with cats having to'help' out.

This is mine helping me.....notice Ambers leg sticking out of the duvet? Thats because last time I didnt know she was in there and rolled her accross the bed  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

love
Tab

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 11:45:53 AM »
Hi Licia,

he loves the feel of fresh linen :)

Don't we all  ;D

Cheers

Leigh

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 11:24:36 AM »
I go through pretty much the same procedure, I take it Oliver thinks it to be some kind of a game.  He already ripped or poked some nail holes through a couple of our sheets as he likes to cling to and hang on the sheets while I am lifting it from the bed :Crazy: :Crazy:
He does go settle in the bed all stretched out, wiggling his back on the sheets, when ready though, he loves the feel of fresh linen :)

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 10:48:34 AM »
Hiya,

Not quite that long Ruth, I could make beds with cat(s) on them for England if it were to become an Olympic event, this time was a "personal best" for me, it only took 21 minutes 27.016 seconds from start to finish. Of course if there were three cats involved it would take considerably longer.  ;D

Hi Clare, yes hun it is fun isn't it, what gets me is that she jumps down when I'm finished and lies on the rug :), making a king-sized bed with cats on should be an Olympic sport rather that as it is, a game from It's a Knock Out, I quite expected Stuart Hall to pop out of one of the wardrobes and give a running commentary.  ;D

Cheers

Leigh

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 10:25:21 AM »
Awww, bless little Suzie, she's very helpful in making the bed with you isn't she hun  :wow:

Max makes changing the bedding quite fun too, he will always jump on the bits you need to change, and position himself right in the middle of the bed when I'm trying to put the fitted sheet on, and will not move an inch  :evillaugh:

Then he'll sit on the 'empty' duvet cover as you're trying to battle one person and a king-size duvet ........ oh the joys  :rofl:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 10:24:51 AM »
 :evillaugh:  What about the time it took Leigh? An hour?  :rofl:

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
I made your bed you'd better lie on it !
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 10:21:47 AM »
Hi folks,

Been very busy working on the film and stuff but thought you might be amused by this.

It's always an interesting and time-consuming job making the bed especially when it comes to fitting a new duvet cover and last night wasn't any exception. I bought an new duvet/sheet/pillowcase set yesterday and this is the sequence of events that transpired when changing the bed clothes but first I should mention that Suzie lives in the bedroom 24 hours a day and especially on a pillow on the bed for about 23 1/2 hours a day.

1. Remove pillow case from #1 pillow.
2. Suzie moves to # 1 pillow before I can pick up the new pillowcase.
3. Remove Suzie #1 pillow, place her on #2 pillow and fit new pillowcase to #1 pillow.
4. Remove Suzie from pillow #2 and place her on pilow #1.
5. Suzie moves back to pillow #2 before I can even remove the pillowcase.
6. Repeat above bui this time manage to remove the pillowcase from pillow #2.
7. Yes, you guessed it, Suzie moves back to pillow #2 before I can fit the new pillowcase.
8. Remove Suzie from pillow #2 and fit new pillowcase.
9. Remove duvet
10. Remove pillows and place Suzie on the rug by bed.
11. Start to remove bottom of fitted sheet.
12. Suzie jumps up on top of fitted sheet.
13. Move Suzie to bottom of the bed and start to fit top of fitted sheet.
14. Suzie moves to top of the fitted sheet.
15. Move Suzie to bottom of fitted sheet and complete the fitting of the sheet.
16. Place new duvet cover on bed.
17. Remove Suzie from inside the duvet cover.
18. Turn around to pickup the duvet and fit it into the duvet cover.
19. Repeat step 17.
20. Fit duvet into duvet cover with Suzie walking all over it.
21. Replace pillows and place Suzie on pillow #1 so as to position duvet.
22. Remove Suzie from on top of the duvet back to the pillow.
23. Repeat above but this time place Suzie on the rug.
24. Repeat above but this time place Suzie on the pillow #2
25. Remove Suzie from under the duvet.
26. Repeat step 24.
25. Success. Suzie stays on pillow #2 long enough to position the duvet and mission accomplished.
26. Typical, turn around and Suzie has jumped down from the bed and has now curled up on the rug!!.  ;D ;D

The above happens every time I make the bed with the added stages every time I change the duvet cover. I once tried it with all three puds in the bedroom and you can imagine how much fun that was you can at least double the number of stages.

Cheers

Leigh 
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 10:22:52 AM by LeighK »

Link to CatChat