Author Topic: Silly girls  (Read 1798 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Silly girls
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2007, 12:53:41 PM »
We're all the same - we don't want to disturb the little loves.  I let cups of coffee go cold cos I can't reach my cup without diturbing Bonnie and the other night I burnt my garlic bread.  Bless em all.  :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 12:07:04 PM »
They certainly will, and while they can both sleep under the duvet with me, I am happy!! WEll, until they make it so I am unable to move of course.
Please spay your cat

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 20:19:26 PM »
Just thought about it this morning......  my mate has 2 cats, 1 male and 1 female and they sometimes have a little fight with each other BUT they both sleep on the same double bed in their own individual cat beds and butter wouldn't melt in their mouth when they are there.  When I sleep over, I sleep in the bed and the 2 of them still stay on the bed and no probs.

I think the answer is................................ CATS WILL BE CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary  :evillaugh: :naughty: :rofl: :Luv2:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 19:11:23 PM »
Mary - my cats aren't posh, they are happy with just a bowl on the bed (not the only one I have fed on the bed!!) - there was a reason in the begining, but then they got used to it!!
Will have a think about that Roz, the only issues we have had today have been when Zi came on the bed and I got too close to her with Molly's toy, so she lashed out, and she did bat Molly round the head for getting too close to her food bowl, so I have to feed Molly first now!! I am pleased that 95% of the time they can be in close proximity without issues, I know that neither of them like other cats, so should be grateful really.
Please spay your cat

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 13:58:26 PM »
Hi Des,

Happy New Year. 

I would think that it is because certain places are shared territories...it is weird, I know but there are times during the day when some cats are allowed to be in a specific space and at other times they are not!  Only they are aware of these 'times'.

Call it a morning, afternoon or evening 'pass'.  At times during the day only certain cats will be seen to be using particular areas of your house or garden or outside territories.  This has been 'agreed' between them.  At other times all of them might enjoy the same spot. But beware the cat that oversteps the mark! :naughty:

I can't really put it in the correct words but suffice to say that it is probably because of some 'tacit' agreement between them that only they are aware of......

Does that make sense?

It goes on all the time outside.  Only certain cats are allowed to use certain shared territories at certain times during the day.  They say that cats do not acknowledge pack-like behaviour as dogs do but I think there is quite a lot of 'pecking order' characteristics going on with the cat.

Lots of love

Roz
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 14:02:32 PM by Roz »
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 13:55:22 PM »
maybe Zia has taken a while to gain confidence and is now trying to assert herself? - I am afraid it is the old prescription - a little Feliway goes a long way to sorting that short of thing ...

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 13:38:58 PM »
Strange one that... no idea, sorry.

But as for eating on the bed.... you'll be providing table cloth, silver cutlery, candles etc soon!!   :naughty: :evillaugh: :rofl: :Luv2:

Mary

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 11:03:08 AM »
To be honest, I dont think either of them are dominant, i probably step in too much (But normally cos iI am in bed if there is hissing- they spend the majority of their time in my room!!), Molly is normally protective of the bed, and generally doesnt let a lot of cats on it, but she is fine with Zia. Molly has been here 2 years, Zi has only been here since October, and as she is a foster, she wasnt loose in the house for the first 2 weeks.
Please spay your cat

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 10:59:02 AM »
which of them is the dominant one (the one who wins standoffs)?

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 10:55:05 AM »
Ahh thats strange - I dont have the answers tho sorry hon !  :evillaugh:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Silly girls
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 10:50:54 AM »
Molly and Zia are rather odd - they can be in close proximity on the bed and be fine - and even sniff each other occasionally, as long as I dont make Molly play too close to Zia!! But, on the floor, they spit at each other!! Anyone any idea why the bed is fine (and I dont always have to be on there with them, so it isn't me making it safe), but not the floor? Molly eats on teh bed, and Zia eats on the floor (yes, Molly is spoilt!!)
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat