Author Topic: turkey necks  (Read 1396 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: turkey necks
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 19:44:03 PM »
living very dangerously there Mark

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 19:06:10 PM »
I saw the title and thought someone was going to recommend a decollatage cream for the ladies  :evillaugh:

Down, boy.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 19:05:10 PM »
I saw the title and thought someone was going to recommend a decollatage cream for the ladies  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 18:03:24 PM »
you got no hope hun! :rofl:

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 18:01:27 PM »
cheers hun, i knew the cooking bones were deff bad for big bones but couldnt remember if it applied to necks or not.
yeah, im guessing itll be sniffed and ignored- esp as they know theres cooked ham and turkey breast in the fridge- all raided from my parents  :evillaugh:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 17:55:54 PM »
definitely raw - it is good for their teeth. If you cook it the small bones become brittle and sharp and can damage your cat's mouth and throat (and if they get that far, perforate their gut). So definitely raw, but don't be surprised if they turn their noses up at it - it is an acquired taste.

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
turkey necks
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 17:52:59 PM »
i remember something about turkey necks being a good thing for cats  and after much begging managed to get the christmas one (and giblets) from my mum. chopped and offered them the giblets and no interest  :doh: sooooo im gonna try the turkey neck but not holding out much hope- it is supposed to be given raw? or cooked?

Link to CatChat