Author Topic: Lost my Poppy cat in Keighley West Yorkshire  (Read 18439 times)

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
Re: Lost my Poppy cat in Keighley West Yorkshire
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2008, 20:05:03 PM »
Sorry to hear there's no sign yet  :hug:  Do let us know when there's some good news  ;D

Offline Daisy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2008, 11:27:05 AM »
Hi there
Lots of bits and pieces going on but no Poppy as yet!
She was possibly seen up on the new estate and then again in a road nearby  (paradise for cats but there is quite a similar cat living nearby).
I decided to have a go at dowsing myself - the second day I tried the pendulum was telling me that Poppy is close to home on Scott Lane where I live!  I double checked with the professional dowser who has been working on Poppy and she had the same reading .... anyway I've been putting cat biscuits out and looking around the area ... the pendulum this morning indicates she is still around here somewhere!
I'll just have to keep at it....
Daisy

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2008, 22:27:03 PM »
Any news?  :hug:

Offline Daisy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2008, 16:41:18 PM »
Thanks for the good vibes - just want her here now

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2008, 13:56:25 PM »
I'm keeping everything crossed for you  :hug: :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Daisy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2008, 12:26:00 PM »
Still hunting for Poppy - still desperately missing her.
There have been a few very good sightings in the general area where we believe she is but so far nothing has brought her home - a young guy believes he actually caught her on Monday but she escaped while he was trying to shut his greyhound in, bless him! If it was her, then that's the nearest we have yet got - I hope it's a good sign!
I go up to the area regularly morning and evening, rattle biscuits, call her name and talk to people.
The dowser believes she is well and definitely in that area.
It's been very foggy here with temperatures of -6 and -8 so if she has got herself a little place to stay warm then I doubt she'll venture out much.
I just keep on now...

Offline Daisy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2008, 09:57:06 AM »
Hi Mark - yes I do - just need that bit of luck now!
My neighbours are all dog walkers and trog around the village on a regular basis, the postmen have been alerted, my sister comes up every weekend and gets things organised and Daphne the dowser is great - it's just Poppy who isn't cooperating!  I'm hoping she might appear a bit more if the weather clears up a bit.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2008, 09:44:49 AM »
It sounds like you have a willing army helping. Hopefully it won't be too long. I agree the name "Prof Mike Jack" is the kind of name you get on those Nigerian scam emails - no doubt if you responded, they would ask for money to be paid  >:(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Daisy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2008, 09:37:05 AM »
Just to update everyone who has been following my hunt for Poppy.
Still no furry returner sadly - desperately want her home with me.
There have been some possible sightings in an area even closer to home but some of these have turned out to be a very lovely (and quite similar to Poppy just not the right colour)) fluffy tabby - however there is one lady who might actually be talking about a different cat to the tabby but yet to be sure.
I talked to primary school kids at assembly and they are all looking out now!
I had an email from someone in Bradford who had acquired a fluffy tortoiseshell stray but when I sent photos they weren't a match - her find had a white bit on face - but how kind of her.
Also had a strange email from someone called Prof Mike Jack who claimed to have found a pet with his boys on one of their missions - I replied asking what sort of pet, no reply so can only assume a scam!!
Community police have P's picture, all the local businesses and so many people in the village have spoken with us but still no Poppy as yet!
Daphne the dowser believes Poppy is still in the area she was in before - about 10 minutes walk away at the other end of the village - safe and being fed - cold comfort but still.... if only she headed straight up the road she would be on the way home.
Don't know what to do next but keep going.
Inspired by so many of you people out searching for your fur babies too!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2008, 21:20:59 PM »
Sounds really promising. When you do track her down, the microchip will prove ownership without a doubt  :hug:

I was reading about dowsing recently and it's spooky but apparently works  :Crazy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Daisy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2008, 14:06:38 PM »
Yep - Poppy is a real character and will easily seduce any soft hearted human into taking pity on her!
This morning I managed to chat to the postman for the area we think she's in - he's agreed to take some leaflets and keep an eye out and to get his mates onto it too - apparently his girlfriend's cat went missing temporarily so he knows what it's like.

Come home soon little girl....

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2008, 11:08:00 AM »
any chance cp can trap the big boys for you if they are stray??

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2008, 10:49:09 AM »
When Ruby went missing, I also thought if someone had her , as it was mainly weekend she was away, made me think if someone was off work at the weekend, and let her out Monday Morning, although she did come back so hungry so maybe she was just locked somewhere, or trapped, guess we will never know. She now only goes on the decking in the garden and any sudden noise she is straight back in.
We are having so much trouble lately with two strays, two huge and I mean HUGE tom cats, they lived 4 doors up, with an old lady ( I think they have always been strays but she fed them) anyway she is in hospital,and they keep coming in our garden for food, I made the mistake of feeling sorry for them and feeding them, and now they wont go, and every time Alfie goes out they pick on him, so its a bit of a nightmare at the moment, he does try and stick up for himself and Ruby but these two just tower over him, and they look like fighters, I think its just a case of Alfie marking his territory at the moment and looking after his sister, bless him!

I really hope Poppy comes home soon, she sounds such a character, at least your doing all you can, we used some tips of emptying the hoover bag around the outside of our home front and back and up the road, put my daughters clothes on the line, and sprinkled the cat litter around too,  as it was really rainy when Ruby was missing, so if she traveled out of her zone, we think she couldnt smell her way back, we did that on the Sunday afternoon and she came back on the Monday morning which was also the first dry day we had since she went missing, so it may have been that, that helped her...

Sending prayers for little Poppy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gail x x x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2008, 10:14:14 AM »
sounds promising - like you say at least if she is being kept in it can't last forever - come home Poppy!

Offline Daisy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2008, 10:06:28 AM »
There is news on Poppy but nothing that has brought her home as yet - I am still pretty stressed out over it all.
We have got a dowser involved now and her support has proved invaluable!  She indicated Poppy to be in the opposite direction to the one we thought she might have gone .. so we leafleted extensively around there and pretty quickly got some reports of her presence.  Even more than the description (right down to the blue collar) were the reports of her behaviour, both nosey and friendly and of course she is exceptionally cute!!!! So we now have spies in the area who are ready to lure her in if/when she reappears - she is friendly and her curiosity will allow her to be lured.  The ladies concerned(real cat lovers, I've met their rescue animals) said that they haven't seen her since I leafleted and was quite high profile around the area and they think (I'm inclined to agree) that someone has Poppy, wants to keep her and so is not letting her out.  To be honest, if she was at home in this weather you wouldn't see her outside the house - HOWEVER THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO KEEP HER IN FOREVER!   All seems very likely and the dowser is sure that Poppy is in the same area and still being fed and looked after.  We also met a young woman with her daughter who saw Poppy on the day she disappeared - she apparently followed them along the canal path and the little girl wanted to take her home (sooo...Poppy) and then Poppy turned back up into the village along the road which would have taken her to the area we believe she is in.
I WANT HER BACK!!!!

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 11:11:27 AM »
Any News? :shy:
Gail x x x

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2008, 13:01:17 PM »
Good Luck finding here, I know how your feeling, sending prayers your way  x x x
Gail x x x

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2008, 21:54:13 PM »
lol, I quite like rotties, but some cats don't. Still, moving along. If you find her and she has moved in with someone else you may have to persuade them to let her go. If they know she is your cat and you have been looking for her and have not told you where she is, you can reasonably assume that will not be all that easy. However once you know where she is for sure, then you can either just stand there and call and shake the bikkies, or you can set a trap and hang around until she goes into it. If the latter, then you are going to have to find at least one person who is willing to have the trap on their property. Esther followed me home past eight houses and a road when we bumped into each other down the street, but since Poppy has not seen you for a while she may not be that helpful. Good luck and I hope, when I get back on Wednesday night, you will have posted that you have found her ... :hug:

Offline Daisy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2008, 21:49:41 PM »
Hi blackcat

Poppy is microchipped - of course I've yet to see her with my own eyes!
I don't believe she's want to stay away - if she's with someone else I imagine it's because she has got lost and they are looking after her.
But I want her home as soon as possible.

Daisy
We don't have any rotties or anything she doesn't like.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2008, 16:46:55 PM »
It's a tricky one. Is she microchipped? The street I lived in in Brisbane a cat decided to leave home when the owner acquired two rotty pups. The cat decided it was all too much and left and went down the street to the home of another neighbour. The owner tried several times to recover her cat but the cat had made up its mind and kept returning to its new home. Eventually it was agreed that what was best for the cat was more important than 'ownership'. So long as you know your cat is well and being looked after, I think you have to resign yourself to the fact that they are capable of making their own decisions at times ...

Offline Daisy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2008, 16:42:47 PM »
Just delivered another 100 leaflets to the area the dowser pointed out plus more posters!
How does one deal with the prospect that someone else has your cat????
I want her back!!!
Daisy >:(

Offline Daisy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2008, 13:17:14 PM »
Different news this morning - heard from the dowser who is certain that Poppy is still alive and very well, safe and being fed!!
I suspect someone has taken her in if that's the case!
Dowser thinks she's within a mile of me and in the opposite direction from yesterday's news - an area we haven't concentrated on greatly - we are off to leaflet that today while not forgetting the Akita lady (though her sighting was at Christmas).
Poppy will find it quite easy to endear herself to any human who takes her in but her mummy wants her back!!
Daisy

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2008, 01:49:08 AM »
Would she be prepared to set a trap?  :shify: I'd knock on all the door adjascent to this lady as well.

My Tilly was only really emerging to hunt and feed in the dead of night as the area was very busy with lots of traffic. I only got her back because I set a trap on the spot where I'd seen her and we heard it spring at 3am. If I hadn't of done that, I wouldn't have got her. So if you think she may be in an area, try to get someone prepared to monitor a trap through the night.  :sneaky:

Offline Daisy

• Adult Cat
Re: Possible sighting of Poppy
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2008, 20:05:44 PM »
We went leafleting again today - a little street off one of the ones we'd already done and behind one where there had been a possible sighting of Poppy.
A lady came out of her house to say she had seen Poppy (she thought - Poppy is a very distinctive looking cat) - at Christmas on her garage roof, interested in the birds and her bird table. Her Akita dog chased Poppy off - but she said 'someone' had been eating the food she put out for hedgehogs and she is wondering who that could be!
Anyway she is now going to make a real effort to find and entice the cat in and call us if she manages it.
I hope Poppy is still in the area.......Christmas was a couple of weeks ago.
We went up later with biscuits to rattle and caling her name and plan to go up again after 11 tonight - plus I'll put some more socks out in the garden.
Hope is alive!
Daisy

Offline Daisy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2008, 07:37:09 AM »
Thanks for that Pinkbear - so pleased Tilly came home!
Hope Poppy gets back too

Daisy

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2008, 20:40:11 PM »
Daisy  :hug:

I can say hand on heart I know how you're feeling.  :( But I had just my happy ending and we got my Tilly back on Sunday after being missing for 2 whole months.  :wow:

My advice is knock on those doors. All of them! Three times! It turned out my Tilly had been living rough in a garden 100 yards away, and because she didn't know where she was she may as well have been in Tibet.  :tired: I tracked her down myself after an early morning sighting as I left for work. And yes, I HAD leaftedly the house where she'd been hanging around but the bloke hadn't put 2 and 2 together, and because she didn't look as though she was dying, he didn't think she was stray!  :-[  :innocent:

Offline Daisy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 14:58:41 PM »
I hope so too Dawn - I could do Christmas then!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 14:36:13 PM »
sorry she still isn't back, we have a couple of sucesses this week though so maybe you'll be the third!

Offline Daisy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 14:35:01 PM »
 :'(Still no Poppy - I've just been out leafleting again.  Hoping to speak to dowser tomorrow.
Other 2 cats are behaving badly - Daisy cat wants to dominate her sister and I keep having to stop her beating poor Phoebe (who is rather timid) up  and yesterday neither of them wanted to go outside at all and it was nice and sunny!
Keep crying - can't help it.
Daisy

Offline Daisy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008, 22:01:36 PM »
I mostly hope she is somewhere safe and warm - it's very cold tonight and I am missing her badly
Come home Poppy!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 12:33:14 PM »
Can only think she has found another house that she kinda fancies but I hope that she is safe and warm wherever she is  :hug: :hug:

Hope you will find her soon.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2008, 12:06:28 PM »
It is awful, I fell apart when Smidgen disappeared overnight, so can not imagine what you are going through. Can only hope you find her soon ... :hug: :hug:

Offline Daisy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 12:01:24 PM »
Still no news of my Poppy - we've been searching since she disappeared.  Yesterday a lady rang to say she though she might have seen her on a road further up - we went in the evening and this morning, calling and rattling biscuits but nothing seen.
Thanks for all the support, still find it hard to cope and have to go back to work on Monday.....
where can she be???

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 22:36:28 PM »
So Sorry to hear Poppy is missing.  Check out the link for a list of hints and tips: http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=4304.0
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 18:46:41 PM »
 :welcome: Daisy....

I hope Poppy comes home soon...... :hug: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 17:30:23 PM »
 :welcome: to purrs

i hope daisy comes home soon  :hug:

if you havent done so please read sams advice for when a cat goes missing cos its really important to stuff on the list.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 17:27:04 PM »
Hello Daisy and   :welcome:  to Purrs

I am so sorry that you have found us under such sad circumstances.  This may sound obvious but are you leaving some food outside the back door and in a few other places?

Please keep us posted and good luck in finding Poppy.

:where:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 10:40:51 AM »
as you say, it is christmas and a lot of people are away at present so she may well be shut inside a shed or a house. Have you tried door-knocking the neighbours? Well done on the title change BTW - it took me ages to figure out how to do that! :wow:

Hope she comes back to you soon. I am a little far away to be of any use to you, but there are Purrs members up your way who may know your area and have suggestions about rescues you can contact.

Offline Daisy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 10:34:38 AM »
Yes Poppy is both neutered and microchipped - she was also wearing a collar with our phone number on it.  She went missing in the space of about one and a half hours.
I keep hopingthat she is shut in and someone will soon come back from holiday and let her out - very odd that there has been no sightings at all.
I'm trying to keep positive but every day that passes...

Thanks for your caring
Daisy

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Lost my Poppy cat
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 10:24:01 AM »
Hello Daisy and welcome to PUrrs. sorry to hear you have lost your Poppy cat. There is a thread at the top of this section that provides all sorts of helpful hints on how to go about looking for your missing cat. We have all been there and know how you feel so please feel free to come here for support and suggestions.

It would also help us if you change the title of your thread to give a location. If you just go into your first post and edit the title it will change it.

Hold strong, she has only been gone a short while - some disappear for ages.

Is Poppy neutered or microchipped?

Take care from all of us here at mine. :hug:

Link to CatChat