Author Topic: vaccination costs etc  (Read 4155 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: vaccination costs etc
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 14:03:07 PM »
There will be no need to contact until the little one is almost ready for neuter/spay.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline catherine896

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 13:01:52 PM »
Ok, thanks Ill get in contact with the Cats protection and PDSA, thanks, Catherine.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 12:54:31 PM »

Enteritis and Cat flu are airborne, so even indoor cats really need injecting. It is also necessary to flea and worm indoor cats as people can bring in fleas and they go hand in glove with tapeworm. The little one will also need neutering/ spaying before you will let it out. Cats Protection have vouchers towards the cost for people on low income. You would need to contact your local Branch or their HQ.

Please check that you qualify for PDSA ( they usually ask that you pay whatever you can afford)  as unless you are on certain benefits you may not qualify and if you live where there is no PDSA clinic only certain vets deal and you have to live in certain postcodes. It is not blanket cover through the UK.

Perhaps you will consider taking out cat insurance but please read the small print as with most you need to pay the first ?50 or so and of course it does not cover injecting, flea and worm treatments or neuters/spays.

RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline catherine896

• Kitten
vaccination costs etc
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 12:39:45 PM »
Im getting a kitten this Sunday (19th Nov) He isnt coming with any vaccinations etc. My Mum is buying me and my partner the kitten and I am due a baby March 5th so not working at the moment, my boyfriend isnt on a high salary. The baby is due March 5th and til then I cant receive child maintenance or income support so cannot sign up for free veterinary care. Is there any way I could go about getting the kitten vaccinated before the baby is born? He wont be allowed outside til after the baby is due anyway, so is there chance I could hold off til I can get free veterinary treatment then get him vaccinated and neutered at the same time? Or is there still risk of him catching diseases?
Any help would be great, thanks, Catherine.

Link to CatChat