Author Topic: Mark or other tesco cat food person  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Mark or other tesco cat food person
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 11:27:46 AM »
what is the difference between finest and luxury??

Well finest means:- best, hand-picked, most excellent, optimum, premium, supreme etc

Luxury means:- comfort, extravagance, opulence,  lavishness etc.

So possibly we are none the wiser.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline bluecat

• Senior Cat
  • m
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 11:20:22 AM »
Finest seem to have more fresh less processed meat i had one of the tesco finest chicken tin ones and just seemed to be proper chicken all white in jelly if you know what i mean just looked beter than the luxry ones

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 09:55:22 AM »
The luxury ones have 50% meat (or thereabouts).  I don't know, but I suspect the Tesco finest have a lower meat content.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 09:52:28 AM »
I think they play around with branding/packaging so probably the same thing. I always get their butter muffins for the B&B. they were 59p for 4. Then they started putting them in a different pack branded "The Bakery" and they went up to 89p  >:( - then I saw both kinds in there - they are exactly the same thing in a different wrapper  >:(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 09:38:10 AM »
I've got some finest pouches which Tilly is loving and I thought I'd got some more but when I looked at them they are called luxury, they are still 50% or 60% meat and complete but I haven't opened one up yet to check, I'll give it a try tonight I just thought knowing you are a bit of an expert on these matters you might know!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 09:32:51 AM »
No idea Dawn. Aren't the finest ones tiny little tins?

None of mine will eat any of that type of food anyway. They are all like meat in clear jelly. The Tesco finest one is strands of white meat but the luxury one is lumps of dark meat. Other than that, I can't tell the difference. I had a few of the Sheba domes in the cupboard from when I was tring to get Clapton to eat. None of them would eat it. I found them the other day and thought Alice might like them. Even she turned her nose up - and that's a cat that lived under a car for a year!  :evillaugh: - Out of all the foods I buy, Alice and Clapton give the biggest thumbs up for regular Tesco pouches in Jelly and prefer it to Felix, Whiskas etc. Neither are mad on the gravy version. It's even made in a different country to the jelly one.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Mark or other tesco cat food person
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 08:31:09 AM »
what is the difference between finest and luxury??

Link to CatChat