Author Topic: litter box problems  (Read 2213 times)

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
Re: litter box problems
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 22:32:23 PM »
Its not a bad thing to keep them using a litter tray, some neighbours can get mean and horrible when they get fed up of cat poop. My 6 get blamed even tho they do most of their toilets indoors, if he ever touches them il be after him  >:(
Not a bad idea, I think I will keep a litter tray outside for Archie.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 13:33:22 PM »
Its not a bad thing to keep them using a litter tray, some neighbours can get mean and horrible when they get fed up of cat poop. My 6 get blamed even tho they do most of their toilets indoors, if he ever touches them il be after him  >:(

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 15:57:31 PM »
Thank you for all the really helpful ideas. Definatly going to put a box outside for the day time. Also going to try a lidded box for the night time inside. :thanks:

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 13:01:52 PM »
I have 2 indoors one out

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 12:53:01 PM »
I have 5 cats that go out in the garden and they all still use the litter tray....there's no harm in it going outside whilst your kitty is out but it needs to come back in esp for overnight  ;)

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 12:43:21 PM »
Kitty used to come flying indoors for her litter tray and more than once she totally missed,
So i moved the litter tray closer to the door and then put one outside with litter and soil and now she happily goes and does her buisness in the neighbours garden  :evillaugh:  :rofl:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 11:49:38 AM »
Thank you to Blackcat and Horza for your excellent ideas. :thanks:

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 11:39:46 AM »
You could try a another litter box outside with maybe a mix of litter and soil see if he will use that

hth

must learn to proof read :)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 11:40:11 AM by hOrZa »
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 11:38:01 AM »
the lidded boxes are a blessing for those of us whose cats stand up to pee (not limited to boy cats, sadly). He is probably coming in to pee cos that is what be believes the box is for, so if you gradually move one closer to the door, then outside he will more than likely use it until spring when your neighbours start digging up their flower beds and he discovers the joys of toiletting au naturel!! The lidded boxes usually also have a flap entrance which you will need to take off to start with as not all cats understand flaps unless they are also used to a cat flap. Try placing a cardboard carton over the litter tray (with a hole cut big enough for him to get through) to see if he would adapt before lashing out any buying one. They are quite expensive.

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
litter box problems
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 11:29:59 AM »
Archie is 14mths old now and is still very much attached to his litter box. He has had a few health issues over lthe last few months so has been confined to the house for large chunks of time. We now just let him out in the daytime so the litter box is still around. During the day he often rushes in desperate for a wee and will not go outside. As he often wees over the edge of his box or just stands and sprays I would like to put the box outside in the day and wondered what you thought. I also thought about getting a tray with a top on to stop misses. Would be so grateful of any advice as I do not want to distress him. Alison :thanks:

Link to CatChat