Author Topic: Dilema - anyone home exercise  (Read 1626 times)

Catbird

Re: Dilema - anyone home exercise
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 15:38:36 PM »
Im suposed to do phsyio given by the hospital to help my ME but everytime I start the cats appear and join in  ;D

They prefer the mini trampoline I supposed to march on and they go one on top and one below and fight over the edge whilst bouncing merrily

They love me doing sit ups/ kneeling press ups and stuff like that as they can stick their faces in mine and look what Im doing

They like the walking up and down the hall but get miffed when I fall over them

In fact they like it all and I dont.

Ive tried shutting the door but then they yowel and fling themselves against the door. I mean its just not fair. All day they sleep and I dont see them, I get the exercise stuff out and guess who appears  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

How do you exercise with cats around??

Gym-type exercise is a no-no for me because any type of repetitive movement damages the lining of my nerves.  HOWEVER, I have just purchased a "Gravity Strider" from Agros amd it is brill.  I can walk on this fine because it is zero impact.  Dot initially came and checked it out and then just watched in open-mouth amazement as I used it.  She can't really interfere with me while I am using it because she would then be at risk of a big boot in the chops.  It is currently on offer, was dead simple to assemble (despite the Book of Words trying to make it look impossible) and I am right chuffed with it.  Stick your MP3 in your ears and away you go.  Details:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3008683/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CSports+and+leisure%7C12108128/c_2/2%7Ccat_12108128%7CHome+gym+equipment%7C12108295/c_3/3%7Ccat_12108295%7COther+gym+equipment%7C12108316.htm

Hope you can click on that pig-like link.  At the moment, the Agros site won't show me a pic of the thing, so I hope you can do better.

C.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 14:57:30 PM »
Well I have so far made one attempt to do my New York City ballet workout and was rewarded for my effort with bitten ankles and soggy nose thrust into my face. Oh and attacked wrists when on the floor. Why do they always have to go for the boney bits?

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 14:52:16 PM »
I don't exercise  :rofl: :rofl:

I do have energetic laps around the sofa with the cats chasing me though  :rofl: :rofl:

I've not tried the exercise DVD since we've got cats  :evillaugh:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 14:47:30 PM »
How about getting a mini trampolene just for the kitties to play on, :rofl: :rofl:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Dilema - anyone home exercise
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 14:28:02 PM »
Im suposed to do phsyio given by the hospital to help my ME but everytime I start the cats appear and join in  ;D

They prefer the mini trampoline I supposed to march on and they go one on top and one below and fight over the edge whilst bouncing merrily

They love me doing sit ups/ kneeling press ups and stuff like that as they can stick their faces in mine and look what Im doing

They like the walking up and down the hall but get miffed when I fall over them

In fact they like it all and I dont.

Ive tried shutting the door but then they yowel and fling themselves against the door. I mean its just not fair. All day they sleep and I dont see them, I get the exercise stuff out and guess who appears  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

How do you exercise with cats around??

Link to CatChat