Author Topic: FELINE BLOOD DONOR REGISTER  (Read 1252 times)

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
Re: FELINE BLOOD DONOR REGISTER
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 17:16:23 PM »
I tried to add Menue but it came up with a sad face  :( and said "Sorry, weight or age exclusion applies"
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 16:09:13 PM »
That's a fabulous idea, I wish I could register Maxy, but obviously can't being FIV+.

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 16:04:38 PM »
Woo Hoo I have registered Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi as blood donors.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
FELINE BLOOD DONOR REGISTER
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 15:30:43 PM »
A Cats Protection cat has saved the life of another feline by undergoing a blood transfusion. Seven-year-old black-and-white puss. Soot, in thecare of Crewe  and District Branch, underwent the transfusion to help another cat that was critically ill.
Sharman O'Brien, the Branch's Fostering Co-ordinator, said: "We received a call from the Nantwich Veterinary Hospital in Crewe. They were looking after a cat that was suffering with anaemia and several infections and as part of the operation to save his life, they needed a cat to donate about 100 millilitres of blood.
"I took three cats along for an initial blood test, and Soot was the perfect match. After testing negative for FIV, the vets were able to organise the transfusion."
Soot took the whole experience in her stride, cooperated with the vet and was her usual playful self soon after the transfusion. There was further good news for Soot, as the Branch has since found her, and brother Sam, a new and loving home.
Following in the footsteps of success stories like this, the UK's first cat blood donor register has been launched. www.catblooddonors.com is the first online initiative of its kind dedicated solely to cats. The register allows vets to contact owners of registered cats in emergencies for blood to be donated. The service is completely free and could save lives.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Link to CatChat