Author Topic: Home Bargains  (Read 2957 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Home Bargains
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2007, 10:09:47 AM »
this is sorta cat related.......only £2.99 for a mop + refill that holds 10xs the amount of water a normal mop would.....my cats/dog etc always manage to knock water etc over and this does the trick for cleaning up after them ;)

ps......no i dont work for them lol!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 10:19:36 AM »
She eats one tray of Sheba + the dry a day. Her dish is a little denby dish I usually serve tomato sauce on (about 3"  ;D )

I'm forgetting that she sometimes has a nibble at Clapton's wet food but not often - she isn't that fussed about Whiskas thesedays  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 10:09:31 AM »
I have a 5kg bag of hills for willow and she eats about 40 grams aday!

Wow 125 days of food certainly means you won't need to buy her anymore dry for a while lol. Bless her she must be tiny to only eat 40grams a day  :Luv:
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 08:12:42 AM »
Mine dont get that much dry food a day, they get very little, as I prefer them to have mainly wet, esp my two, but they are both dry food addicts!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 08:07:56 AM »
I have a 5kg bag of hills for willow and she eats about 40 grams aday!
a 5kg bag of hills light  + 1/2 bag JWB light for kylie - but I am going to order the RC obesity wet for her as she ate some of the free sample and I want her to lose 1kg so she will be on rations - so no point me buying any mor at the moment. (mind you, the hedgehogs and the tortie that comes in for a feast every night are getting through it quick enough)

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 08:04:07 AM »
I would give it a go, I must have missed that when I was in Home Bargains. Asda have a new food that has a good meat content, that is around the 30% mark, but I have nearly 10kg of food in, so couldn't justify buying more just to try it!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 18:59:52 PM »
I think the "chicken meat meal" is good. a lot of them just say chicken meal which could be any part of a chicken

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 18:20:06 PM »
Thanks Helen :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 18:09:18 PM »
I think so too, I was in PAH this afternoon comparing James Wellbeloved Turkey and rice kitten (which the boys have as snacks) with the PAH own brand kitten.  The JWB which is thought of as a premium brand had 26 % or something ( I bought the fish one in the end so can't check!) and the PAH had 25% so Vitalin with 30% sounds pretty good to me. 

JWB is £1.85 for 225g so the Vitalin stuff sounds bargainous.  JWB works out to 0.82p per gram which is the equivalent of £4.10 for 500 grammes - so £0.99 for 500g is definitely good value. 

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 17:50:30 PM »
just thought that for a dry food 30% chicken was a good % for a cheap price  :-:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Home Bargains
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 11:16:14 AM »
Hi, iv spotted this in the mentioned store and was wondering if someone on here could tell me what they think of the ingredients?

chicken, (fresh chicken & chicken meat meal 30%), cereals, veg protein, oils & fats, fish and fish meal, minerals and vitamins
(contains EEC permitted preservatives)

Analysis list....Protein 30%, oils 14%, Ash 6%, fibre 1.5%, copper (cupric sulphate) 12mg/kg
vitamin A _ 20,000iu/kg
    "     D3  2,000    "
    "     E    150     mg/kg

99p for 500g Vitalin Vitapurr dried!

Cheers Ruth x

Link to CatChat