Author Topic: Anxiety or just nosiness?  (Read 1200 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Anxiety or just nosiness?
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 21:31:50 PM »
Franta will do this too and i think its a combination  of knowing someone is on otherside of door and wanting to be with them or just wanting to go in and out and thinking they must be missing something. Also feeling lonely cos they really want to be with that person.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 21:27:39 PM »
Sounds like nosiness to me, if he thinks he's not allowed in somewhere he desparately wants in - you let him in and he sees that it's just the same old room with nothing new in and wanders off.  I think the only way to combat it is to persevere with keeping the door closed and him on the other side of it - something I've not managed to do yet!

Riley is exactly the same - I shut the bedroom door this afternoon to change the bed and the yowling began, a really loud disturbed yowl, in the end I had to open it and let him in as Lucas was inside the room and after all the upset yesterday I didn't want him upset anymore than he already was!

Tell him he's missed a bit by the way  ;)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 20:01:34 PM »
could be separation anxiety, could just be messing with your head... ;)

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
Anxiety or just nosiness?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 19:59:39 PM »
My Belle just these past few weeks has started to go daft if doors are closed on him. If I'm in my bedroom he howls outside the door, and I mean howls. If I open the door he'll come in, have a look round, and go back downstairs again. If I then close the door again he'll race up and it all starts again. He doe the same with my eldest daughter (she's his favourite and the only one that ever gets headbutts from him!) and will cry for about 20 minutes when she goes out the door for school in the morning. Is there anything that can be done about this? Aside from leaving the door open all the time which I can't always do as I do some work from home and need peace to do it.

A pic of the lil man helping wash the dishes  :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat