Author Topic: Any ideas on how to treat a constant runny bum?  (Read 3664 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Any ideas on how to treat a constant runny bum?
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2007, 18:33:36 PM »
Glad that there is going to be a happy ending for these babes, and just hope that she learns to stop breeding from dodgy stock now.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2007, 22:21:25 PM »
That sounds wonderful Dawn!   ;D can't wait to see the pics.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2007, 21:36:53 PM »
oh i do agree and am sure lucas had a paw in this  ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2007, 21:32:34 PM »
I've sent you a pm Ang  :hug:

Gill, it's fab news and has to be fate, I'm sure Lucas will be chuffed that he's left his mark on this world and will be helping other furbabes  :hug:

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2007, 21:30:39 PM »
DD you have mail

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2007, 21:27:56 PM »
I saw Dawns post and I thinks this is all wonderful  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2007, 21:22:03 PM »
Update:

I had a phone call earlier today from the breeder asking if I'd had any look in finding somewhere for these two babes.  I said I hadn't but I will keep trying.  She then informed me that if nowhere was found, the only other option really was to pts as she doesn't have the time and has got family issues etc etc.  I told her when it gets to the stage of having them put down, to ring me and if need be I'll take them and try and find a foster until a home could be found.  I was pretty annoyed and still upset over Lucas so really couldn't deal with emotional blackmail today.  Anyway, she said it was now at that point and something had to be done  :shocked:  I told her to give me a few days to sort something and she said she'd give me a ring at weekend if that was alright.........considering it's Thursday today, not a lot of notice  :sneaky:  I pm'd Dawn more for a moan really and she surprised me by telling me she loved Siameses and she hadn't stopped talking about them to Phil since the show..........me, I took it as a sign  :evillaugh:  Dawn as you will probably know has had a chat to Phil and they've decided to foster these 2 babes for me  :Flowers:  :cuddle:  I will post some piccies of these gorgeous babes tomorrow  :)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2007, 16:34:26 PM »
 :Crazy: :Crazy: breeding from dodgy stock   :-:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2007, 22:57:32 PM »
I had a chat about one of her other females, I know she'd had something wrong with her which was hereditary and she did say she was going to get her spayed when I suggested it.   I have the odd chat with the vets when I see any of hers in there but they have to be careful with patient confidentiality etc.  When I first met her I was surprised to learn she used to do what I do but on a smaller scale and it was basically just getting the ferals spayed and neutered, she then decided she wanted to do something for herself which was breeding  :Crazy:  :Crazy:

I'm sorting some ferals out for her at the moment, as in getting them neutered and spayed, they are in a neighbours garden so I may broach the idea of getting them done when I speak to her.  From what I've heard, she does have endless problems with them and I'm surprised really that she's still breeding from them  :sneaky:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 22:51:53 PM »
IF she has probs with some of her adults, it does sound like she needs to neuter them all, do you think she would be amenable to a chat about it Dawn, and the fact it isn't fair to breed cats with these kind of issues, nor expect people to pay ped prices for cats with issues?
Please spay your cat

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 22:51:03 PM »
and has spent all sorts trying to get to the bottom of it.

Boom Boom !  Sorry couldnt resist :evillaugh: :shy:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 22:44:55 PM »
I've suggested getting the female done before she is rehomed just in case and I'm pretty sure the male is done already.  I hope they can be sorted out bless them but in fairness to her, she's kept hold of them for the last 15 months and has spent all sorts trying to get to the bottom of it.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 20:36:52 PM »
well... sometimes money is a bigger lure???  who knows.   Either way tho.. if she is having that many problem cats with the same problem I'd definately think that Trichomonas is worth testing for.
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 20:32:38 PM »
These babes have both had the runs for so long and are from the same litter.  She said she has to bath them daily as their back ends and legs are always covered.  She did say though the other night that these two were eating solids at 3 weeks and this may have caused problems, but I also know she has had numerous problems with numerous cats including the adult ones.  She has one in the vets at the moment on a drip, she is also a Siamese but she's developed Pancreatitus (sp) but there is a big improvement from when I saw her the other night.  I can't understand why she just doesn't have the whole lot spayed and neutered instead of breeding from problem cats  >:(

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 20:26:52 PM »
No problem... Just thought I'd suggest it as there seems to have been an increase in the number of cases popping up of it.    Medication given is Metradizanole  ... though for the doses required normally 1/2 - 1 pill of Stomorgyl does the trick as it contains it.  We were oblivious to it in all honesty until last year when we had a case of it.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 20:15:01 PM »
Have they had the poo tested for Trichomonas?  (spelling).

I'm not sure tbh, I've spoken to Trevor tonight and he said they've been back in tonight and he's put them on some other medication but I can't remember the name now  :Crazy:  I mentioned Lacto B to him and he said that is going to be the next thing they will be trying.  I'll have a chat with Sean in the morning and ask him if they've been tested for the above.

Thanks for the advice  :hug:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 18:58:51 PM »
Have they had the poo tested for Trichomonas?  (spelling).

This is not tested as standard by vets or labs and you have to specifically request the test.  If it does turn out to be this it can be quickly and easily treated with a short course of medication in most cases.

Let me know how you get on?

Cheers

Sarah

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 17:22:42 PM »
She should try a grain free diet, lots of IBS is caused by that. Bozita, Applaws(has 1% rice), Orijen etc
Or a raw diet may work.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 13:34:08 PM »
Royal Canin Sensitivity control pouches - Bland as sin but it sorted out Zebedee Boo's loose tum. Once he turned 1 he was and still fine.

They are expensieve though, always the way EH.

A Meow Massages your heart.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 07:48:25 AM »
A lot of people on here have used Lacto B with success, and at least she has had all the tests done to make sure it isn't something that will be left untreated by trying that.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Any ideas on how to treat a constant runny bum?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 00:40:08 AM »
I had a lady collared me in the vets the other night, I've spoke to her a few times as she used to deal with ferals.  She is now a breeder of Siamese and Bengals.   She has asked me about finding a home for a couple of her Siamese cats that she's bred.  They are both 15 months old and have had constant tummy problems, they've been tested for god knows what and all the test are negative.  Sean suggested to her to try them on the James Wellbeloved as she was feeding them on Hill's but this hasn't worked.  They are now on medication for Collitis as Trevor thinks this may be the cause  :tired:  Has anyone any ideas?  They been tested for Guardia as well and this has come back negative.  They are gorgeous kitties, one's a Chocolate Tortie and the other is an Apricot, she wants a home for them where the new owner is prepared to have some patience with them to try and sort out their tummy problems.  I've suggested getting them on Royal Canin as this seemed to sort Billy's bum out. 

Link to CatChat